It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bought a new gun this weekend...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Just bought a brand new Sig Sauer P238 .380 ACP. Pretty sweet little pocket gun. Its basically a mini 1911 chambered in .380 ACP. Its to hot in AZ right now to go full-size and my subcompact was getting a little annoying on my hip at times. So I went even smaller. Feels great on my hip or in my pocket.

Any of you gun connoisseurs out there Palmetto State Armory has a great deal on the Sig P238 Sport for $450.00.

Any you ATS gun people use the p238 or similar CC guns?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ
I carry a Rugar LCP 380, I LOVE IT! Small enough to carry in my waist big enough to do the job. It is a very comfortable shooting gun.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Hated that one...great to carry...so not fun to shoot

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
A lot of people talk down the .380 ACP as being underpowered.
I usually ask them if they will let me shoot them with one.
I haven't had anyone take me up on it, not even just a shot in the leg.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
I carry a Rugar LCP 380, I LOVE IT! Small enough to carry in my waist big enough to do the job. It is a very comfortable shooting gun.

I Carry the LCP 380 in the front pocket of my cargo shorts.
edit on 20-7-2015 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I have a question perhaps can get answered here. I daily carry a 45 ACP-subcompact. How available in a worst case scenario would it be to procure rounds or make ones own reloads for the 380?

If anything, for me personally, after getting rid of my 9mm and sticking with my 45...about the only thing smaller I'd feel comfy with would be any large bore subcomp....either 45, 44 or 357....

But, Im curious about the 380 rounds. As yet? Just not for me. 45, 44 or my 357...ok. But, 22, 32, 38, 380's. Just not for me. Personally, only by choice.

Would 380 rounds be easy to obtain? Am I wrong somehow?? Thanks in advance...

MS
CPL/CCW

edit on 20-7-2015 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I am so jealous, I hate being treated like a criminal for wanting to own a gun in my country.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
A 380? Isnt that kind of a small round? My small gun is a Kimber stainless ultra carry 2. Its the smallest 45 made to my knowledge. It has alot of knock down power, but I think it cost about $1300. It has a match grade Bull barrel. My largest pistol is a Stainless Smith and Wesson 500. Its a 50 calibur magnum. There is no concealing that puppy. I wear it in a chest harness holster. Kicks like a mule

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy Ill let you shoot me with your 380, just as long as I get to shoot you with my 50 mag first. Deal?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I purchased a new pair of jeans this weekend.

Levi Strauss loose fit, I loved my old 26 red jeans but they had started wearing thin, pratically see through, at the seam in the crotch.
Any fellow jean connoisuers in the melb cbd area head over to Myers where theyre on sale.

Anyone here share my love of slightly baggy jeans?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Nice purchase; what do you think of the new R.I.P. (Radically Invasive Projectile) RIP

This projectile ends the discussion of stopping power in the .380 round.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

Levi Strauss loose fit, I loved my old 26 red jeans but they had started wearing thin, pratically see through, at the seam in the crotch.
Any fellow jean connoisuers in the melb cbd area head over to Myers where theyre on sale.

I'm with you! I don't own any guns and never will! I own me some baggy jeans though!

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

I have a question perhaps can get answered here. I daily carry a 45 ACP-subcompact. How available in a worst case scenario would it be to procure rounds or make ones own reloads for the 380?

If anything, for me personally, after getting rid of my 9mm and sticking with my 45...about the only thing smaller I'd feel comfy with would be any large bore subcomp....either 45, 44 or 357....

But, Im curious about the 380 rounds. As yet? Just not for me. 45, 44 or my 357...ok. But, 22, 32, 38, 380's. Just not for me. Personally, only by choice.

Would 380 rounds be easy to obtain? Am I wrong somehow?? Thanks in advance...

MS
CPL/CCW

.380 ACP is a very common round so it is not hard to find nice ammo for a good price. Reloading rounds that cheap I think would just be a waste of time. Every year they are becoming increasingly more popular with new round designs and more people wanting to conceal carry.

Besides normally a .380 is going to be your extreme sub compact carry weapon or a backup gun. Not your take out on the weekend and shoot 500 through it. Although you want to be proficient with it.

This round/gun is only designed to take a person down at 15 yards (13 meters) or less. So its best as a last resort in an up close situation.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
A 380? Isnt that kind of a small round? My small gun is a Kimber stainless ultra carry 2. Its the smallest 45 made to my knowledge. It has alot of knock down power, but I think it cost about $1300. It has a match grade Bull barrel. My largest pistol is a Stainless Smith and Wesson 500. Its a 50 calibur magnum. There is no concealing that puppy. I wear it in a chest harness holster. Kicks like a mule

5 years ago I would agree with you that a .380 was not a great round for personal defence. But lately with the recent popularity explosion many ammo manufacturers make solid personal defence rounds. 95 gran hollows that dump all energy into a target and don't over penetrate is key to conceal carry. Last thing you want is your .45 going straight through the threat and hitting the child behind them. Even with hollow points at close range most large caliber rounds will over penetrate.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

I like baggy jeans as well. Makes it a whole lot easier to conceal larger caliber weapons.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I bought the 238 6 months ago for my wife as her carry gun. She has held a concealed permit for almost 20 years, and takes annual refresher coursed that detail self-defense, RCWs, and other instruction necessary to be competent. She carries large sums of money when doing business deposits, and after a rash of similar crimes she got her permit.

I was drawn to the 238 after comparing to other pocket pistols on the market, and came away with the following conclusions:
--Sig is one of the premier firearms manufacturers in the world, known for tight temperance and quality products,
--Most of the pocket pistols I tried had heavy trigger pull weights, some as high as 13lbs. The 238 was surprisingly
smooth, breaking at 7lbs(Lyman trigger gauge), some pre-travel, with a decent reset.
--You can get a finger gripped magazine that holds more bullets that the stock magazine,
--My wife and I shoot 1911s, and as you pointed out this gun maintains that frame/function as much as a pocket gun can,
--A myriad of different finishes, even foo-foo stuff for those inclined,
--External safety feature is a rarity in these types of guns, most rely on that stiff, heavy trigger pull
-- Some pocket pistols have the bbl as part of the upper, making cleaning somewhat cumbersome, not the 238,
--Finally, performance, accuracy was the clincher. Aside from some Kimbers in the same category, I was pleasantly surprised with the 238s accuracy at 12-21 feet.

All in all, the 238 is a great choice to have if you don't feel like wearing a belt/holster, especially in these dog days of summer. Enjoy!

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
a reply to: butcherguy Ill let you shoot me with your 380, just as long as I get to shoot you with my 50 mag first. Deal?

But I am not arguing that your gun is underpowered.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Get yourself a belt for those baggy jeans, you'll not trip over them when you attempt to flee invaders of any kind.

On second thought, don't bother. Weeding reasons.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy Just messin with you Bro! I just always saw a 380 as a womans gun. You know like a canister of pepperspray. Not to slight You in anyway. I do have a 22 pistol, but the gun I would always grab first is the S and W 357. after that its both the 50 mag and the 45 thats coming out, then the 12 guage express and last the 22. The 357 is an awesome gun. I love that thing. Hollow points , and lots of gunpowder in the rounds I buy. It is accurate, and always reliable

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Remember, the police issue used to be a .380

It's 9mm of .40 S&W I now believe, right?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join