It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New World Order, No Freedom of Religion: Some Christians are threatening to burn a statue of Satan

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   

The Satanic Temple will soon be unveiling the statue of Baphomet that was originally intended for Oklahoma — until the state Supreme Court ruled that a Ten Commandments monument had to be removed from capitol grounds — or at least, they will be if the Christian groups threatening it don’t “burn it down” first.

Greaves believes that Dearing backed out because of pressure from local Christian groups — pressure that would make any venue wary of hosting the unveiling. “IT IS EVERY CHRISTIAN’S DUTY TO DESTROY THIS IF YOU SEE IT DESTROY THIS STATUE DESTROY THIS STATUE DESTROY THIS STATUE” reads one Facebook post Greaves provided to Mehta. “Let’s burn the statue down!” reads another.

“It never occurred to us that some random Pastor, of whom we had no previous knowledge, would believe it our duty to ask his permission for us to hold our own private, ticketed event,” co-founder Greaves told Salon. “Clearly, the burden of ‘reaching out’ was on him if he cared to engage in an informed dialogue before organizing protests against us, spreading misinformation about our activities, and calling for our event to be shut down.”

- www.salon.com...

What do you think about this? Is this not more evidence that some Christian sects are trying to create a New World Order where there is no Freedom of Religion? Some Christians (and Jews) are even trying to put Noahide Laws in the government and force it on people. I think people should respect The Supreme Law, The Constitution, which allows each person to believe in their own religion without trying to force it on others.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Christians are the planets biggest joke at this point.

I would love to see how they react someone burning a cross.

Oh wait that's right, they were the ones burning the crosses, silly me to forget.

For a "loving" religion they sure do burn a lot of #.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Awolscout

It's not good to generalize, but yes, it's a shame that certain religious individuals and sects
respond in this manner.
edit on 20-7-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Awolscout

You appear ignorant as to christianity's past. These are the people who so incensed by their pious pops attitude to the rest of the world or their own who decided science proved their belief system wrong, murdered, maimed, fraudulently trialled and then murdered, tortured and burned people to death.

If you think any religious resurgence that is not totally controlled by civil law is "the biggest joke" on this planet you should reconsider. Look at the islamic world - are people free there or is there a barbaric undertone running through it.

Religion is the velvet glove of a dictatorship and it has been working pretty well up till now for those at the top who wish to keep the public under their control. Its also a 'hidden' form of taxation by the religious institutions themselves especially those whom tythe or send out the collection box every service..

Look at the commandments e.g. No other god means the elite are the boss no others. Another simple example is where we are taught as children not to lie, not for our own benefit but so we don't lie on our tax forms or again - to the boss. Religion drummed in during our formative years is indoctrinated into us and made 'nice and respectable' but its a mental shackle for the state and especially those who run the state, elected or mostly not.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

How tedious.

When Satan shows its face in flesh, mobile and animated by horror and fury, then by all means, poke out its eyes, tear at its flesh, cut its throat and make it die. But a statue?

I honestly think some of my brethren have lost sight of the light sometimes.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   

“IT IS EVERY CHRISTIAN’S DUTY TO DESTROY THIS IF YOU SEE IT DESTROY THIS STATUE DESTROY THIS STATUE DESTROY THIS STATUE”

This line makes me laugh, whats the difference between this and someone putting on FB etc

"ITS EVER MUSLIMS DUTY TO DESTROY THIS" referring to drawings of Mohammed, people think they are mad! But Christians of all "sects" get on their high horse when this happens declaring that Christianity is the only way, full of sane kind people who only love... then you get more nut jobs like this in Christianity spouting rubbish and all you get is "Oh no, thats not our part of the religion, stop generalizing!".

Pot, kettle, black

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Christians are so rational and passive....What a sect for the FAM!

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   

They can not have it both ways.
They must allow the Satanists an opportunity to practice their own religion.
If any other church attacks the statue take away their tax status.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   

According to the article, this outcry from the Christian movement is being spearheaded by Pastor David Bullock, of the St. Matthew Baptist Church. Besides believing in only one God, they view Satan/Devil as the arch enemy of their church, but a threat to all of mankind.(www.christianbaptists.com...). To support the unveiling of the statue in question is in direct opposition to their ideology.

Funny thing is, "American Baptists support religious freedom and respect the expressions of faith of others. As a people whose forbears came together in response to intolerance, American Baptists have cherished freedom and pursued it for millions around the world. Manifestations of that ideal include supporting separation of church and state, advocating for people everywhere to be guaranteed the right to worship free from discrimination, and lifting up respectful dialog as a healthy means to understanding."(www.abc-usa.org...). They are violating one of their tenets by their aggressive stance on the statue, a symbol.

No, I don't think this is evidence of a NWO move by Christians, rather a fanatical local response by a fire and brimstone pastor and his flock of intolerant followers.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: thekaboose

“IT IS EVERY CHRISTIAN’S DUTY TO DESTROY THIS IF YOU SEE IT DESTROY THIS STATUE DESTROY THIS STATUE DESTROY THIS STATUE”

This line makes me laugh, whats the difference between this and someone putting on FB etc

"ITS EVER MUSLIMS DUTY TO DESTROY THIS" referring to drawings of Mohammed, people think they are mad! But Christians of all "sects" get on their high horse when this happens declaring that Christianity is the only way, full of sane kind people who only love... then you get more nut jobs like this in Christianity spouting rubbish and all you get is "Oh no, thats not our part of the religion, stop generalizing!".

Pot, kettle, black

That's what's so damn funny about Christianity in America, they're just as bad as radical islam more often than not and they don't see it.

It's like watching someone parody something with zero self awareness. It slays me.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

Didn't the Jesuits have a plan to infiltrate Protestantism to destroy it from inside ? Could be they end up subverting some but I can't see all going this way .

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

Didn't the Jesuits have a plan to infiltrate Protestantism to destroy it from inside ? Could be they end up subverting some but I can't see all going this way .

I remember reading something to that effect, but can't recall the context. The Dominicans, Franciscans, and Jesuits all had super-duper top secret plans to sabotage rival religions, but the Jesuits were the muscle.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   

What pisses me off about this is that the Satanic church gracefully withdrew their plans to place it next to where the ten commandments were after it was ruled that the ten commandments must be removed.

Now all they want to do is unveil it in a privately held event and these guys are trying to stop it. I understand that the church group is well within their rights to protest but they have got to realize why they are not the good guys here.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

You know what I find interesting? According to Job in the Bible (and the Jewish idea of Satan), Satan exists to tempt God's people so that God can test them. These Satanists are exposing the hypocrisy of some Christians just like Satan tries to exposes their bad side. You would think around Satanists, they would be on their best behavior so God can see they do not fall into temptation (in this case hypocrisy).

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

You know what I find interesting? According to Job in the Bible (and the Jewish idea of Satan), Satan exists to tempt God's people so that God can test them. These Satanists are exposing the hypocrisy of some Christians just like Satan tries to exposes their bad side. You would think around Satanists, they would be on their best behavior so God can see they do not fall into temptation (in this case hypocrisy).

I've entertained that idea a few times. I actually wrote a thread a while back about how dissenters and critics of their faith serve a purpose in the theological ecology surrounding them. Even their bible says to sharpen iron with iron. Lashing out at unbelievers instead of conversing (even debating) with them is a missed opportunity.

ps edit - Found it if you wanna see it: Here
edit on 20-7-2015 by Cuervo because: added stuffs and stuffs

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Very interesting, and I like the symbolism with the metals.

More and more people are starting to think deeper about their beliefs, especially with all of the debates, questions, and responses on the internet. It helps to see different perspectives.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   

The very tolerance Christians left to the new world for.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Baphomet

It seems like the Knights Templar first brought this image to the West way back when. I think everybody is wrong, any way, because it is not an image of Satan as such. Read the Wiki article at the top and research from there. It was the Inquisition and the Witch Hunt that started the fallacy of it being Satan (anything Pagan is considered Satanic by SOME denominations as we see today).

I think these days that we all need to have two ways to do things. In our private lives we can be just as we want to be, but when it comes to public behaviour we are being consistently herded into a public kind of behaviour backed by law. There exists a thing now called State Ethics that we must abide by and may encounter legal action against us if we don't. Freedom of religion is certainly part of that. That means that both Christians and Satanists are protected and everything in between. On that basis this statue, if all planning regulations are satisfied, can be erected and Christians can not challenge this because it is being erected as a deity of another religion.

How I feel personally is irrelevant. They are not doing it in my home or back garden so what right have I to interfere? Personally, I don't look at the Baphomet as Satan. Personally I see it as an occult image with very old roots, possibly Persian. The Knights Templar attached some significance to it. Bob Dylan actually uses it as an image on his stage backdrop:

Bob is a bright man. I know he is a very proud Freemason. We KNOW that Solomon's TEMPLE is a huge chunk of symbolism and ritual in Freemasonry, Hiram Abiff (architect of the Temple) being an obvious example. The root of the word "Templar" is of course "Temple". The Knights Templar relate to the Crusades to Jerusalem and the Freemasons have taken on a great deal of Knights Templar symbolism in their tradition.

Personally, my religions says not to look to any idols or statues. I will not have them in my house, not a cross or any kind of image. However, I see it is very important to many and I know I have no right to impose my will upon others. Like my Ma always told me, "Son, leave the judging to God, it's not your job and you don't have to worry about that".

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Guten Morgen-

Hows about some Sammy Clemons to start the day?? You 'may' know Sammy under His nom de plume or "pen Name" of Mark Twain.

Mr. Twain nee: Clemons once wrote about Jesus The Christ™ and this is what was related:

"If Christ were here now, there is one things He would NOT be ---- A Chris†ian™ "

Then of course if He were, then folks couldn't say/type/utter "In the year of Our Lord..."

namaste

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Any Christian complaining about this statue has NO right to complain about having their freedom of religion suppressed by things like gay marriage or having the ten commandments removed from the Supreme Court.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join