It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's raining, it's pouring in So Cal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I can't remeber the last time it rained in the middle of July. Now it's coming down like there is no tommorrow - unfortunately where I am, in the City of Angels, most will just run into the ocean. Our purcolation ponds will get filled though and that is a help.

It started Friday, rained heavy at times yesterday and clear and now is coming down hard and will continue through Tuesday we are being told.

Dry hillsides are starting to give way in places.

It's too hot to get snow on any of the mountains but perhaps we'll catch some in the reservoirs.

It sounds and smells sooooooo good.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I could never feel at home living in a place where it didn't rain much. I like the summer rains that last an hour and the occasional all day mild rains. You feel like going to sleep when it rains all day.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

How long has it been since a good rainfall? We're also scheduled for some rain here up the coast finally. Had a spot of it last week but not enough.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Its a monster, and its coming Californias way…

Six hours ago

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I'm here in WeHo... I love the Rain.. now if only i can get Snow in WeHo it would be perfect

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Send it on up.. Here in Oregon we are baking. The high pressure systems from down that way have been pushing all of our rain up into Washington and Canada and we are as dry as a bone.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire
From that image, it looks like you guys should get hit too.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Good Cali needed the rain!

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Raining so hard the raccoons are having to find high ground.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Where hoping for some rain this week up here, we where lucky to have a little rain last week to help with the forest fires, but we need more rain its been an extremely dry summer on the west coast.

Im happy to hear our cousins down south are getting a reprieve from the heat.
edit on 20-7-2015 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Nice, OP!

I've seen quite a few people talking about the recent rains, & recent storms in California - and it just goes to show you, how scarce all that water really is...

C'mon Everybody! - Let's make it rain for CALI!

MOAR RAINNNNN!!!!

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιοο̲̅)̲̅$̲̅][̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιοο̲̅)̲̅$̲̅][̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιοο̲̅)̲̅$̲̅][̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιοο̲̅)̲̅$̲̅][̲̅$ ̲̅(̲̅ιοο̲̅)̲̅$̲̅][̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιοο̲̅)̲̅$̲̅][̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιοο̲̅)̲̅$̲̅][̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιοο̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιοο̲̅)̲̅$̲̅][̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιοο̲̅)̲̅$̲̅][̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιοο̲̅)̲̅$̲̅][̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιοο̲̅)̲̅$̲̅][̲̅$ ̲̅(̲̅ιοο̲̅)̲̅$̲̅][̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιοο̲̅)̲̅$̲̅][̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιοο̲̅)̲̅$̲̅][̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιοο̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
News about past rain storm in California went on to say the rain will only help so much. Here's hopes to it doing something more.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo
Raining so hard the raccoons are having to find high ground.

LMAO that pic is hilarious!

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I could never feel at home living in a place where it didn't rain much. I like the summer rains that last an hour and the occasional all day mild rains. You feel like going to sleep when it rains all day.

Honestly, I've never liked it either. I spent my early years in Northern Germany. But we used to have a decent winter from say January/February through April. But now everything is out of wack. This is a terrific rain - but very tropical. 80 degree Farhenheit and pouring rain isn't my idea of a pleasant summer thundershower. We did get some nice thunder however.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

How long has it been since a good rainfall? We're also scheduled for some rain here up the coast finally. Had a spot of it last week but not enough.

In November, I think, last year we had a couple of fair weeks, that felt like our normal season was starting up - and poof it went away.

Good rain - it's been years.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Its a monster, and its coming Californias way…

Six hours ago

Thanks for the picture - see it's coming from the south. Our normal, or what used to pass for normal, rains where from the north and cold - even the occassional snow in the flat lands with regular snow in the mountains.

This is the el Nino pattern and rumor has it it could go on for another several months.

However welcome this current rain is, it won't solve the drought. We need those storms from the north that drop feet of snow in our mountains, again and again, to run off all spring and summer as they melt to fill the resorvoirs and start recharging the ground water.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Nice to hear you're getting the much needed rain. As far as the North Eastern part of the states, we're getting way too much this summer. The U.S. has oil pipelines. Maybe we need to start thinking of transporing an overabundance of rain water from one region to regions who need it.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
So no one mentions that the clouds were seeded east of hawaii. Expect some weird weather in the next couple of days.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Got any evidence for that? Don't be shy if you do. Did "Dutch" say something about the snow on Mauna Kea?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
So no one mentions that the clouds were seeded east of hawaii. Expect some weird weather in the next couple of days.

Interesting - have a source?

I do know that LA's skies are often covered in chemtrails.

top topics

join