It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion is usually just as scam to make people afraid of their own Power

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
What a bunch of pathetic clowns you all are. You aren't gods, and you don't control your own destiny. New age garbage if I've ever heard it.

You are just flesh and blood, driven by brain chemistry and biological imperative. God is so far from what your little minds can conjure up.

As for reading books- it's good to review all perspectives. I like to think I've taken an equal interest in all theology- from the Bible to the Theraveda. And yes, Buddism has a god, though there is no effort to name it or understand it. A wise stance if ever there was one.

Anyway, I take solace in knowing that you are all just monkeys spitting in the wind.

edit on 22-7-2015 by Drest because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Hence the ignorance.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
"usually" true… most religions are pagan, even the ones professing one God…

there is only one truth, though: Jesus Christ.

Buddha never claimed to be God.

Moses never claimed to be Jehovah.

Mohammed never claimed to be Allah.

Yet Jesus Christ claimed to be the true and living God.

Buddha simply said, 'I am a teacher in search of the truth.'

Jesus said, 'I am the Truth.'

Confucius said, 'I never claimed to be holy.'

Jesus said, 'Who convicts me of sin?'

Mohammed said, 'Unless God throws his cloak of mercy over me, I have no hope.'

Jesus said, 'Unless you believe in me, you will die in your sins.'"

yt: Lee Strobel - The Case for the Resurrection
www.youtube.com...
yt: The Bible Is True! ~ The New Evidence That Demands A Verdict
www.youtube.com...
yt: Walter Veith (13) Battle of the Bibles /Total Onslaught
www.youtube.com...
youtube: The Resurrection Argument That Changed a Generation of Scholars - Gary Habermas at UCSB youtu.be...

yt: Chuck Missler - How We Got Our Bible
youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The Bible tells us we are "gods" but it also tells us we will die like men without the salvation of Jesus.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Religion is a glorious description of the universe, it's reason for existence, and a moral compass to guide a violent, petty species. Contrary to popular belief it does not conflict with science.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

I reached this conclusion through observation. Just look at how people react when someone says, "I am God", right away, many try to convince the person that it isn't true and try to convince them to not believe in their own power.

But everything you believe is ALSO religion, you are just saying yours is better, and you do not even know it.

Fact is, until you all things make sense and actual ARE repaired, everything is being manipulated by sources you believe are NATURAL, and GODLY, UNIVERSAL.

All the belief systems those as yourselves have, are going NOWHERE just as much as the others.

Try and wrap your head around the idea, that YOU have ALSO been had , on every level , and seriously, it is blatantly obvious.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Nevertheless

I wrote "for example" a christian. And no, of course it does not matter whether the religion is judaism or islam. Same thing applies. Yes, I'm educated enough in religions to make those claims a out christianity, and so should each and every christian be. That's where the mental instability comes into play. One becomes a christian either because of ignorance or because of mental instability.

Of course you should realize that this is only your own opinion and that it could very well be that you have the shoe on the wrong foot. You are assuming that you are the one who is righteously gifted and would be shocked to learn that you could be the problem and not the solution. It appears that your entire purpose was to bash Christianity which is the hobby of this forum. You could start your quest by being forthright in purpose but as usual you are part of the club mentality.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seede
Of course you should realize that this is only your own opinion and that it could very well be that you have the shoe on the wrong foot.

You make a very broad claim so I'm unable to determine what exactly is my opinion, but divine powers should be a scientific fact would they occur. But the world somehow continues to function logically, not arbitrarily due to random decisions by a god.

You are assuming that you are the one who is righteously gifted

No, there are millions of man years put into science to take us where we are. No single man can accomplish this. A single man can either embrace it or flush it down the drain. We aren't alive for that long which is the reason that I'm saddened that some people decide to ignore our understanding of the world. Not that it matters, but that is still my sincerest reaction.

and would be shocked to learn that you could be the problem and not the solution.

The problem to what?
And why/how could I be the solution to anything?

It appears that your entire purpose was to bash Christianity

No, the entire purpose was to answer to this threas with reason.

you are part of the club mentality.

I don't know what mentality that is, but scientifically inclined people are probably prone to be of similar mentality, by logic.

Anyway, I'd like to hear your thoughts on why a Christian wants to obey/praise/worship a god who:
1. Creates a massive universe that functions through the laws of physics
2. Splashes in some matter that through the laws of physics creates enormous amounts of solar systems, where only one (?) of all planets can inhabit life as we know it.
3. Makes sure that there is a wide variety of fascinating plants and animals
4. Thinks it's a lovely idea that there are beautiful animals that survive by eating other beautiful animals - alive.
5. Think it's a lovely idea to create a parasite that survives by attaching to an ant's brain and growing out of it while the ant is alive until it dies, to then spore off - hopefully from a tree.
6. Kill off all the dinosaurs
7. Flood the world and kill most of what's there
8. Create man as his image
9. Use 8 to assert how magnificent he is by demonstrating that he did the points 1-7, and expect it to be reasonable for man to think that this monster is worth worshipping

So no, I guess god is not worthy my presence. I would probably never utter those words to another human being (because it's such a self loving and pathetic thing to say), but for such a monster of a god, it should even be reasonable for a christian to think that?
edit on 23-7-2015 by Nevertheless because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nevertheless

Of course you should realize that this is only your own opinion and that it could very well be that you have the shoe on the wrong foot.

You make a very broad claim so I'm unable to determine what exactly is my opinion, but divine powers should be a scientific fact would they occur. But the world somehow continues to function logically, not arbitrarily due to random decisions by a god.

You are assuming that you are the one who is righteously gifted

No, there are millions of man years put into science to take us where we are. No single man can accomplish this. A single man can either embrace it or flush it down the drain. We aren't alive for that long which is the reason that I'm saddened that some people decide to ignore our understanding of the world. Not that it matters, but that is still my sincerest reaction.

and would be shocked to learn that you could be the problem and not the solution.

The problem to what?
And why/how could I be the solution to anything?

It appears that your entire purpose was to bash Christianity

No, the entire purpose was to answer to this threas with reason.

you are part of the club mentality.

I don't know what mentality that is, but scientifically inclined people are probably prone to be of similar mentality, by logic.

Anyway, I'd like to hear your thoughts on why a Christian wants to obey/praise/worship a god who:
1. Creates a massive universe that functions through the laws of physics
2. Splashes in some matter that through the laws of physics creates enormous amounts of solar systems, where only one (?) of all planets can inhabit life as we know it.
3. Makes sure that there is a wide variety of fascinating plants and animals
4. Thinks it's a lovely idea that there are beautiful animals that survive by eating other beautiful animals - alive.
5. Think it's a lovely idea to create a parasite that survives by attaching to an ant's brain and growing out of it while the ant is alive until it dies, to then spore off - hopefully from a tree.
6. Kill off all the dinosaurs
7. Flood the world and kill most of what's there
8. Create man as his image
9. Use 8 to assert how magnificent he is by demonstrating that he did the points 1-7, and expect it to be reasonable for man to think that this monster is worth worshipping

So no, I guess god is not worthy my presence. I would probably never utter those words to another human being (because it's such a self loving and pathetic thing to say), but for such a monster of a god, it should even be reasonable for a christian to think that?

Even though Satan has your mind in knots, God still loves you and wants you to live eternally in Heaven with him and Gods other children. Science doesn't have all the answers.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Nevertheless

Anyway, I'd like to hear your thoughts on why a Christian wants to obey/praise/worship a god who: 1. Creates a massive universe that functions through the laws of physics 2. Splashes in some matter that through the laws of physics creates enormous amounts of solar systems, where only one (?) of all planets can inhabit life as we know it. 3. Makes sure that there is a wide variety of fascinating plants and animals

I see nothing offensive in the above three accusations against the Creator. I would clarify that referencing “laws of physics” should be “Laws of God.” If you should “believe” that the laws of God, which you call physics, were somehow a happening of sorts then you certainly are delusional. (my opinion of course) You do understand just how silly it is to think that your laws of physics are permanent laws of your own understanding? They are not and never have been.

"In August, the International Astronomical Union -- which you may remember as the body that demoted poor Pluto to dwarf planet status in 2006 -- voted to fix the astronomical unit, which designates the distance between the sun and Earth, at 149,597,870,700 meters (92,955,807.273 miles). The new fixed distance replaces a complicated equation that served as the previous definition of an astronomical unit."

"One might think that astronomers would have had the whole 'distance from the Earth to the sun' matter locked up a while back, but it turns out that the astronomical unit has been a contentious figure for centuries."
www.ibtimes.com...

Study: Carbon Dating Method Could Become Less Accurate
“Given current emissions trends, fossil fuel emission-driven artificial ‘aging’ of the atmosphere is likely to occur much faster and with a larger magnitude than previously expected,” Graven wrote in the study. “This finding has strong and as yet unrecognized implications for many applications of radiocarbon in various fields, and it implies that radiocarbon dating may no longer provide definitive ages for samples up to 2,000 [years] old.”
www.theblaze.com...

Point meaning is that your understanding is not even in the ball park of the Christian God and before you call other people -- "One becomes a christian either because of ignorance or because of mental instability" -- in all sincerity you should re examine your own mind in this matter.

I won't address your points 4-7 because all three are the faults of mankind and not God. God made you an offer to have everlasting life and you have rejected that offer. Now your only other avenue is to create your own afterlife or hope that you become a cow chip in a barnyard. Meanwhile your science will continue to be in error and always has been in error.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Okeyd57
Even though Satan has your mind in knots, God still loves you and wants you to live eternally in Heaven with him and Gods other children.

I assume that I'm doing something evil since satan has my mind in knots? Could you help me get rid of him by telling what evil deeds he makes me do? That would be much appreciated.
You diverted though from defending god, and explaining why anyone (except satan?) would create beautiful animals destined to eat each other alive? Or mass murdering almost all living things by drowning them?

Science doesn't have all the answers.

Of course not. If we did, we wouldn't be doing science.
It's better to have some answers and work on the next, rather than making things up and settling at that. Especially when that was done before society could be call that civilized at all.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

a reply to: Nevertheless
I see nothing offensive in the above three accusations against the Creator.

NONE of the 9 points were accusations, only alleged events. It's just that the three first become ridiculous when the reason appears to be that the universe was created so that god could create an audience to show how fantastic his skills are. Combined with a mentality of a 3-year old.

is I would clarify that referencing “laws of physics” should be “Laws of God.”

You either misunderstood or really don't understand the concept of laws of physics.
The reason why you should call them the laws of physics is because god apparently created a fantastic mechanism that works by itself. It is based on logic, not the subjective mind of a being.
What this means is that God does not have to continuously move every atom in the universe to cause motion, we can see that.

You do understand just how silly it is to think that your laws of physics are permanent laws of your own understanding? They are not and never have been.

"In August, the International Astronomical Union -- which you may remember as the body that demoted poor Pluto to dwarf planet status in 2006 -- voted to fix the astronomical unit, which designates the distance between the sun and Earth, at 149,597,870,700 meters (92,955,807.273 miles). The new fixed distance replaces a complicated equation that served as the previous definition of an astronomical unit."

"One might think that astronomers would have had the whole 'distance from the Earth to the sun' matter locked up a while back, but it turns out that the astronomical unit has been a contentious figure for centuries."
www.ibtimes.com...

Oh... you ARE confused about the laws of physics. This was a particularly bad example too. Our difficulties in measuring or determining a standard unit has nothing to do with it. Same goes with our models. We can observe an apple fall from a tree. We know that it does that. We can very accurately and deterministically calculate on it with newtonian physics, even if that model is incorrect. Because the world and mathematics align. They are logical.
We observe other things and see that our model doesn't work. Spooky? No, turns out that the general theory of relativity explains, mathematically, exactly how big masses relate to eachother. Again, pure logic. The physical laws of the world haven't changed. Our model is refined. Nothing has magically changed.

Study: Carbon Dating Method Could Become Less Accurate
“Given current emissions trends, fossil fuel emission-driven artificial ‘aging’ of the atmosphere is likely to occur much faster and with a larger magnitude than previously expected,” Graven wrote in the study. “This finding has strong and as yet unrecognized implications for many applications of radiocarbon in various fields, and it implies that radiocarbon dating may no longer provide definitive ages for samples up to 2,000 [years] old.”
www.theblaze.com...

Again, this has nothing to do with the laws of physics. What you are saying is the following:
"If we have a small painting, and pour a few gallons of paint over it. It will be hard for us to determine what the original painting was"
How is this relevant to the laws of physics?

Point meaning is that your understanding is not even in the ball park of the Christian God

Sorry, I'm not a native english-speaker nor do I live in a country where that is the primary language..
Are you saying that the point is that I don't understand the christian god properly (don't know why invalid talk about the laws of physics made you conclude that of me), OR that I don't understand as much as the christian god (just a weird thing to say?).

and before you call other people -- "One becomes a christian either because of ignorance or because of mental instability" -- in all sincerity you should re examine your own mind in this matter.

I think I was honest and motivated my thoughts on why the christian god seems to be a childish monster, and also that science, in contrary, is an objective way of looking at the world, and there aren't any signs of this irrational behaviour as is claimed in the book.

I won't address your points 4-7 because all three are the faults of mankind and not God.

You mean that god made beautiful animals start eating each other alive because man was being a meanie?
Yes, that would be exactly the kind of behaviour I would expect from an immature child that lacks parents.
and then it gets worse by just killing of almost everything. Completely normal behaviour.

God made you an offer to have everlasting life and you have rejected that offer.

No, god never made me that offer (and I would turn it down now, would he be unable to explain his actions any better than you did). Religion is a tradition. You are christian because of your surroundings. You must be lucky that you were born into the "right" religion. Not just christianity, but the right interpretation of christianity. Me, I wasn't that lucky. Another one of God's lovely games?

Meanwhile your science will continue to be in error and always has been in error.

How can you say that logic, aka laws of physics aka God's law can be in error?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
It's becoming sad that this country is becoming less Christian."3For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.
4They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.
5But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry." 2 Timothy 4:3-5

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: arpgme
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

I reached this conclusion through observation. Just look at how people react when someone says, "I am God", right away, many try to convince the person that it isn't true and try to convince them to not believe in their own power.

But everything you believe is ALSO religion, you are just saying yours is better, and you do not even know it.

Fact is, until you all things make sense and actual ARE repaired, everything is being manipulated by sources you believe are NATURAL, and GODLY, UNIVERSAL.

All the belief systems those as yourselves have, are going NOWHERE just as much as the others.

Try and wrap your head around the idea, that YOU have ALSO been had , on every level , and seriously, it is blatantly obvious.

Thank you for stating the obvious so succinctly Para.This is the most common condition of man.The belief "their" religion is correct when they change it every 5 minutes to something more illogical and they don't know it.To believe you are a God is the epitome of blindness.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nevertheless
How can you say that logic, aka laws of physics aka God's law can be in error?

Thanks for your reason and logic Nevertheless.You are correct there is very little logic to that statement (and many others) however you may as well be debating a brickwall.The only responses you will get will be fortified with religious rhetoric and the condemnation of the damning of your soul(whatever the hell that is suppose to mean) for not "believing" the religious rhetoric as they do because that is the only good news they have.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Law of attraction is The Truth.

Believing that there are greater negative/aggressive forces only gives them more power.

People being deceived by these forces choose aggression, choose oppression, choose sexiam, choose homophobia, choose everything that is not of Spirit and supports equality that We Are All Gods.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
You need to read you some Nietzsche. It is a fact that both religion and government were the last resort of the weak in an effort to control the strong.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Fingon

3For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. .....

hmm mm...nono. ANY "doctrine".

But you.....do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry." 2 Timothy 4:3-5

No, please, don't. Please. We're tired, and have been browbeaten for several decades too many already.

edit on 7/24/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AshFan

The whole "slave and master" thing is a false way of looking at the world to promote ignorance/inequality.

We Are Gods.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Drest

Buddism has a god, though there is no effort to name it or understand it.

If I recall correctly, didn't Gautama himself refuse to answer the question?

I believe he said it was 'impertinent' or 'inappropriate' or something like that. Because "God" cannot be comprehended or even imagined by humans.

edit on 7/24/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join