It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion is usually just as scam to make people afraid of their own Power

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

So surely by your reasoning, religions themselves have no political clout.

Yeah, right.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

There is God and there is you.
a reply to: ketsuko
There is nothing that is not GOD. Everything and every being.

There is nothing that is not created by God, everything and everyone. We can gain a deep and personal connection to Him, but that does not make us Him.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Nevertheless

In order to become, for example, a christian, one must be mentally unstable. Even if we assumed that christianity actually was true, what sane person would want to praise and obey a egoistic, self loving cruel monster of a being, in return for eternal life in a world depicted as a very grey place?

What is one who becomes a Muslim or a Jew?? Does that same example apply?? What if we assumed Islam of Judaism actually was true, would that then be sane?? Tell me, why did you choose Christianity for your example?? Is it really because of your club mentality and lack of knowledge or are you that well educated in religions to make that bash against Christianity??

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
After claiming that I am Agnostic, I had a member come to me in private and said I should ask God for guidance...he saw my answer and didn't reply yet. Maybe I scared him off. : /

Here's what I said...

"The thing is, I don't want to be guided by any god, so I wouldn't ask for it.

Here's the way I see it...I'll start with my belief side.
Our life force, our spirit is worth a lot, it's powerful in itself and everyone on the other side wants a piece of it.

Once we die, we are totally ignorant of the after life. Other than the fact that thinking there is no after life is scary, it does seem almost just as scary to suddenly be in a totally other world...

That's where deception is way way too easy, the "people" that live there, that have power there are probably interested in spirits because the more they have, the more power it gives them. I don't think that the light that people see when they die is a blessing, it's a trap.

Religions are like computer trojans, they infect our souls and we gladly "sell" it to what we want to believe, to the deity we want to surrender to.

Some "evil spirits" that live in the other world can also suck life energy from us while we live...whenever we are mad, sad, scared, any strong emotion, our body and spirit lets go of particular energies that feeds them.

This whole life is a trap, I think we are prisoners in a never ending cycle...no learning, no evolving. All those ideas are just to enforce the lie we are stuck in, the abuse of our life energy.

Limbo is where I wanna be, there with many others and break this cycle, till then we aren't free. The tower of Babel's story is enough to understand that we have no freedom here on Earth.

Think about it openly, I'm not saying I'm right...that's what I believe in. "

So, religions? Soul trojans to keep us away from the truth, our true self. A method of control, a deception from the devil to bring us away from the truth. We each have our own beliefs and to addear to a single religion while believing it's books word for word is a sign of weakness and credulity.

I believe that, if there is such a thing as a soul in the first place, our souls are much stronger than religions wants us to be.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Text A book of theogy? Theology is the study of the concept/nature of God and everyone has their opinion about the "real" view of God. Just because I don't agree with the books you read, doesn't mean I'm ignorant about what theology is. What an assumption!

You are not ignorant of theology but you are ignorant of the God of Christ Jesus. Just my assumption, right? We all are entitled to our own assumptions.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Text A book of theogy? Theology is the study of the concept/nature of God and everyone has their opinion about the "real" view of God. Just because I don't agree with the books you read, doesn't mean I'm ignorant about what theology is. What an assumption!

You are not ignorant of theology but you are ignorant of the God of Christ Jesus. Just my assumption, right? We all are entitled to our own assumptions.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

So, religions? Soul trojans to keep us away from the truth, our true self. A method of control, a deception from the devil to bring us away from the truth. We each have our own beliefs and to addear to a single religion while believing it's books word for word is a sign of weakness and credulity. I believe that, if there is such a thing as a soul in the first place, our souls are much stronger than religions wants us to be.

Quite confusing isn't it? At the start you say that you are an agnostic which is actually a fence sitter. Just not sure, right? Now if you are not sure about religions where do you come up with "deceptions from the devil?" Quite confusing isn't it?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I reached this conclusion through observation.

Observation of your own intentions or your perception of what others intention might be?

Just look at how people react when someone says, "I am God", right away, many try to convince the person that it isn't true and try to convince them to not believe in their own power.

Like when I said God is all, darkness and light, all life, all time, everything is God and you had to try convince me that darkness was something separate?

Just a few months ago you had very different views about God, or that is what I perceived, now it seems you have gone back those new age ideas (I am my own god, you are your own god) you were against a few months ago.

I do agree and believe what you say here

Beliefs, Perceptions/Understandings about the world influences action. If you believe something different, you will take different actions, hopefully more and more from freedom, joy, exploration, and love rather than fear, feeling oppressed and hurting others.

On a more spiritual level, I experience different energies. Sometimes I have dreams which manifest into reality (some would just call it "prediction" or "premonition from a dream").

I know belief affects reality and Dreams (for those of you on a spiritual path) can be a powerful way to learn more about yourself, your deep feelings about relationships with others, and symbolism and premonitions, even speaking to loved ones who passed away in a dream and getting information which turns out to be true.

I think it's important to examine belief systems, and way of thinking and hold to empowering and joyful ones and to gain inspiration/creativity/deeper understanding from dreams.

My opinion, or belief is

the only true thing we possess that no one can take if we choose not to change them is ..... our beliefs.

I agree that religious ideology tries to manipulate some into believing in certain things however that is not the religions fault, religions cannot be faulty as such only those people that abide by religious beliefs, certain sects of Christianity will say what another sect of Christianity believes and does is against how and what they interpret their religions teachings.

Not all sects of any religion use the fear of damnation as a way of gaining members.

However some is all sects of any religion you can think of might.

Its not the religion, religions are beautiful, its the followers or leaders that need that unity and will use fear to try and manipulate others into believing as they do due to their own lack of faith,

Its almost points to them thinking the more people that believe what they do somehow validates their beliefs as being true in the grand scale of things.

But like you said we create or influence our own reality we share with others due to our beliefs, other beliefs others hold do influence each of us as well, this is why there is so much diversity in humanity and the actions of humans.

Love has as many faces as fear does, both are influenced or created by our actions which in turn are influenced by our individual beliefs.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

And everything created by God was created with his very own essence, so everything is a part of him and within him.

"On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you."

Key word "realize", meaning to come to the knowledge of what always was and will be. We are in God and he is in us.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Seede

I removed the part in my response that had to do with explaining my Agnostic side since it wasn't in the subject of this thread.

Although I did say in my post : "if there is such a thing as a soul in the first place"
edit on 20-7-2015 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

You are not ignorant of theology but you are ignorant of the God of Christ Jesus.

As are all humans living now even thought some believe they are not. ignorant that is.

all we have is our beliefs........ in Jesus if one has a belief in him.

Just my assumption, right?

Yes, that is right.

call it an assumption, call it a belief.

We all are entitled to our own assumptions.

Yes we are, free to believe or assume what ever we please. to some our assumptions or beliefs might sound and look delusional, others might agree partially or fully.

Its a great experience being human as one has the freedom to choose what ever they want to believe in, its usually influenced by their environment and experiences in life and that shows the greatness as much as it does the ugliness of humanity, so many beliefs, so many different experiences which lead us to beliefs that are similar or opposite of those that are of similar or opposite experiences that we ourselves have.

It all seems random and chaotic yet I believe its a beautiful design so complex but simple to its designer that an individual, a group or a religion as a whole, or anything with our conscious ability will ever understand or know, only believe like I do or believe my belief in such is insane/irrational or stupid or somewhere in between.

I believe if one says they understand Gods will or intentions then one should have understanding of everything known and unknown,

One would not need the internet to relay their thoughts or beliefs.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

There is nothing that is not created by God, everything and everyone. We can gain a deep and personal connection to Him, but that does not make us Him.

Sorry, I disagree.
I believe there was nothing in existence besides our CREATOR. There were no building materials outside ITSELF, therefore all matter came from our CREATOR'S SELF. JMO. LOVE.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I agree with just about everything you say in the OP. I was brought up Mormon, transitioned to no religion, then to Paganism, then to "plain old" spirituality. Here are my thoughts on the subject.

If God gave us free will, why is religion trying to take it away.

There is also a quote from Bill Hicks in regards to this subject.

"All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness (i.e. God) experiencing itself subjectively (you are the subject of your life), there is no such thing as death (spirits don't die), life is only a dream (from the spirit's perspective), and we are the imagination of ourselves (what we believe does matter, what we think about, if we think on it enough, becomes matter). " - Bill Hicks
------------
So let me go a bit more in depth here. This really isn't religious in nature, some of it may "sound" religious, but it isn't.

Okay, at first this seems counter-intuitive to what we are “taught” (indoctrinated) in life. It also goes in hand with “God created us in his image”. You are a soul with a body, NOT a body with a soul. Your soul is who you TRULY are, not that beautiful genetic space suit you run around interacting with the 3rd density/4th dimensional reality. In this physical reality, everything seems real, but it isn’t, it is nothing more than energy at a very slow vibration. In fact everything is a vibration; our language is based on this. “I don’t like his vibe”, or “she is quite dark” (again light is a vibration). The “Golden Glow” [Definition: Golden Glow: A very good feeling in the middle of the chest. The love we hold and carry for our loved ones (children, parents, lovers, husbands, wives, family). A very powerful excitement with a central focus in the chest area/heart chakra. It feels like: love, ease, excitement.] is a vibration. You can control your own vibration, and feeling the Golden Glow is a sure fire way to raise your vibration.
Above in the quote, Bill states that we are all one consciousness. Yes, we are, sourced from the Prime Radiant; the “God Particle” (Higgs boson), the main prime fractal that makes up everything. There is no such thing as death, because the soul cannot die. We are the imagination of ourselves; well, this fits nicely with manifesting. Your soul (the true you) is highly creative, has a far view, and is not hindered by “time” or “Physical” “Matter”. You don’t have to know HOW you will get something, or HOW something will come about, because your physical mind was not designed to understand HOW to go about to do something or manifest something. It was designed to experience this physical reality (with lessons included) and the results of what your higher self (your soul/The God of you) is creating for you. (ask and it is given, knock and it shall be opened unto you.)

Or, I could go on and state that "God" is the consciousness of all that is a fractal. Each spiral goes down into different soul groups that "god" experiences itself. As another poster stated, the Animal/sub-category Human group, the Plant/sub-category tree group are all fractal-ed and sourced from The God consciousness.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

TextI believe if one says they understand Gods will or intentions then one should have understanding of everything known and unknown, One would not need the internet to relay their thoughts or beliefs.

Not true at all. According to most bibles, God reveals only that which He wants His creation to know at certain times. Good biblical example is the Apostle John who lived with Jesus during most of his ministry. He did not know the revelation that was given to him long after Jesus died. No one will ever know everything known and unknown. Internet is nothing more that a means of communication from all sorts of mindsets. Some use the religious forums as a means of expression of hate as well as exchanging religious thought. Some also think they know everything known and unknown but of course they are simply lying to themselves and others as well.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Not true at all.

Maybe to you and others with similar beliefs as yourself, however its very true, to me at least.

According to most bibles, God reveals only that which He wants His creation to know at certain times

I don't need a bible to know that which God might reveal to his creations, I have experienced certain revelations I believe come from God. Could I have been misinterpreting so called coincidences, maybe to some, but personally to me the the repetitiveness of certain coincidences (which I don't believe in like OP) push or guide me to believe what I do

That doesn't mean I understand Gods intentions or Gods will other than God wanted me to take this path instead of another in that moment, its a sign of minor understanding that we can be guided but not understanding why we are guided.

That understanding might come later on in retrospect and then ones faith grows as it becomes a personal proof that there is a God.

However all that does is strength faith, it doesn't make one understand the big picture as planned by God.

No one will ever know everything known and unknown.

Glad that we agree.

Some also think they know everything known and unknown but of course they are simply lying to themselves and others as well.

Never have I come across anyone thinking such, I have come across many thinking they know Gods will and intention and fail to see its only their personal interpretation that they may or may not share with others.

Yes many have claimed to be Jesus reincarnate or the Anti Christ however they have never shown even a glimpse of being omniscient.

Many say others are ignorant of the God of this and that, however all one might be ignorant of is anothers interpretation or perception.

Everyone that knows about the God of Christ has their own belief about the God of Christ whether its in agreement with religious doctrine or not.

Just like I pointed out in an earlier post about how certain sects of Christianity will say the other Christian sect has it wrong is what you are doing know.

"not true at all"

It might not be, It might be.

Like I said its obviously not true to you but is to me.

I tend to agree with Skada, post above about how everything is sourced from God, a fractured part of a collective consciousness.

We have a minor or a fractured part of the knowledge but not a whole, and without the whole I believe its ignorant to say anothers belief is ignorant of God because of how they see things.

I believe like I said its all chaotic when all put together, so many contradictions and varying beliefs that oppose one another but as individuals that hold one part of the whole we will never understand the whole or know the whole until we go back to the source.

Which might be death or might be after many lives of lessons learnt and after enlightenment one goes back into the darkness of the void where or what I believe the source of all is

At the end this is only my interpretation of reality and non reality, life and the after life.

I don't claim it to be true to anyone other than myself.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

So....religion is like car insurance...how? Please be specific. Thanks!

P.S. You aren't God and once you come face to face with this reality, it's gonna be quite an awakening for you.

How do YOU know he's not God? Does your car insurance policy tell you who's God and who's not God?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Human made religion is the problem...not the possibility of a God. Any God would despise man's religion.

Quitting Heaven - Games by the Grave

Well, the embed didn't work. Here is the link: Games by the Grave

My old band

edit on 7/20/2015 by WeAreAWAKE because: Fix video

edit on 7/20/2015 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

And everything created by God was created with his very own essence, so everything is a part of him and within him.

"On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you."

Key word "realize", meaning to come to the knowledge of what always was and will be. We are in God and he is in us.

This not correct.Yahoshua is speaking exclusively to the disciples(Judas Iscariot was not present).You are doing what Christianity does….cherry picking the scriptures to fit your religious rhetoric.Yahoshua did not say what you are reading into and applying it to yourself and everyone else.Here is what Yahoshua clearly said to the disciples only:

If you love me, keep my commandments.And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the WORLD cannot receive, because it sees him not, neither KNOWS him: but YOU know him; for he dwells with you, and shall be in you.

I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to YOU. Yet a little while, and the world sees me no more; but you see me: because I live, you shall live also. At that day you shall know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you. He that has my commandments, and keeps them, he it is that loves me: and he that loves me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Judas said to him, (not Iscariot), Lord, how is it that you will manifest yourself to US, and NOT to the world? Yahoshua answered and said to him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come to him, and make our stayed with him. He that loves me not keeps not my sayings: and the word which you hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

These things have I spoken to you, being yet present with you. But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach YOU all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatever I have said to you.
edit on 20-7-2015 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I wrote "for example" a christian.
And no, of course it does not matter whether the religion is judaism or islam. Same thing applies.
Yes, I'm educated enough in religions to make those claims a out christianity, and so should each and every christian be. That's where the mental instability comes into play. One becomes a christian either because of ignorance or because of mental instability.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nevertheless

I wrote "for example" a christian.
And no, of course it does not matter whether the religion is judaism or islam. Same thing applies.
Yes, I'm educated enough in religions to make those claims a out christianity, and so should each and every christian be. That's where the mental instability comes into play. One becomes a christian either because of ignorance or because of mental instability.

I would think that more people become christians or whatever religion because of social upbringing. Parents inserting their beliefs into the blank canvas of their child.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join