It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shark Attacks Surfer..Lucky Guy.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Just saw this a few minutes ago. This is one lucky guy. looks Hungry enough. Guy doesn't seem that fazed by it at all.

Shark Attacks Mick Fanning at World world surf league.

are you aware that the picture published in the paper is a pic of a shark on its side hence the apparent 'size' of the shark.

Are you aware that there were several low risk sharks sighted in that location only a few minutes for the one pictured in the paper.

Are you aware that the media had never been know to spoil a good story just because of the truth?

Not only am i not aware of everything you posted, I really dont give a #.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Just saw this a few minutes ago. This is one lucky guy. looks Hungry enough. Guy doesn't seem that fazed by it at all.

are you aware that the picture published in the paper is a pic of a shark on its side hence the apparent 'size' of the shark.

Are you aware that there were several low risk sharks sighted in that location only a few minutes for the one pictured in the paper.

Are you aware that the media had never been know to spoil a good story just because of the truth?

Really ? So what he says does not fit into your belief system so you dont give a # ....

Well i guess we should never let the truth get in the way of a good story eh ?
edit on 20-7-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: for the love of god

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   

I didn't rattle your cage by any chance did I? I just meant to inform that's all.

cheers

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   

I didn't rattle your cage by any chance did I? I just meant to inform that's all.

cheers

It came across te Interwebs as if you were correcting something I said, I just copy and pasted the story. I never changed anything within the story to make it sound more dramatic than it was. Though i'm sure you will agree, it was, rather dramatic footage.

I'm pretty sure you will agree that that Shark could easily have popped Mick's Leg off without any trouble whatsoever.

I'm sure you will agree that that shark was high risk and Mick was at risk.

On how the media spins a story, I agree with you. no argument from me there.

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Really ? So what he says doe snot fit into your belief system so you dont give a # ....

Well i guess we should never let the truth get in the way of a good story eh ?

WTF are you waffling on about...what Belief system, what truth?
As i said, I just thought, in my infinite wisdom (obviously misguided) i would start a thread by copying and pasting a link to the media report without changing anything within the report. If i could go back i would, just for you, title the thread.."SMALL TINY SHARK LIKE THING DRAMATICALLY BITES A SURFBOARD TETHER IN TWO, SURFER PUNCHES TIDDLER CAUSING IT TO SWIMS AWAY" THE END!....Is that more to your liking?

PS. WTF is Doe Snot..?
edit on 20-7-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Damn you are touchy
....Just pointing out the inconsistencies of reporting these stories...and sorry i missed the whole be entertained by the news bit...my bad...

P.S. Snot so much my liking,but your title would have been at least been a little more accurate...

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Damn you are touchy
....Just pointing out the inconsistencies of reporting these stories...and sorry i missed the whole be entertained by the news bit...my bad...

P.S. Snot so much my liking,but your title would have been at least been a little more accurate...

SHARK WITH TEETH LICKS SURFBOARD HORROR>>>Better?

What would you suggest my title should have been then.?
The Shark was obviously moving in on the Surfer with the intent to eat him, His Tether and Board got in the way and the punch on it's back and quick reactions by the rescue boats saved his arse.

Do you believe if those events never happened and the guy just floated around, that Shark would have just left the guy alone.? Great Whites tend not to do that. as i said previously, that shark was from nose to tail 9-10' in length. Easily a Man eater.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Shark probably didn't want to eat the guy. If it did, it would have moved in a lot faster.

It was most likely moving with the intent of checking out the surfer to see if he was edible. What we saw was an exploratory bite attack. Of course, with a shark that size, any "gentle" nibble is going to be devastating to the surfer. But even if he had tagged the surfer with a large bite, the odds are that the shark would have decided that the man was not his liking and simply swam off. They do in most cases.

It doesn't stop the bite from being horrific to fatal for the human though.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Damn you are touchy

Can i just ask what inconsistencies you are talking about? Also, why is the title inaccurate?....the shark did attack him and he is indeed very very lucky.

I am just not following your thinking and before criticising you, I want to understand what you are trying to say . thanks

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Why is it when a shark is trying to eat it's a attack? Sorry, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be seeing here. Human goes into ocean with lot's big fish and mammals capable of eating said human, yet it's a attack? Sounds like stupid humans going into oceans with big creatures that can eat them and expecting to get out alive. Ain't where we belong, ain't where we came from(possibly, I don't know so don't go down that road as I'm not a expert). Ain't our natural habitat, it's theirs. Yet it's always them attacking us. I have a cure. Don't swim in the ocean. Problem solved.

Alright everybody. Paddle in, it's time to quit surfing

This individual is right, it's stupid, we need to just stay out of the ocean, and on dry land where it's safe!

Now that's livin

just kidding around, but generally we very much respect the ocean and it's wonderful creatures and know darn well what the risks are..........it's not an invasion.
edit on 20-7-2015 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: bellagirl

Damn you are touchy

Can i just ask what inconsistencies you are talking about? Also, why is the title inaccurate?....the shark did attack him and he is indeed very very lucky.

I am just not following your thinking and before criticising you, I want to understand what you are trying to say . thanks

I wonder if the Mods would let me re-title it. "Surfer attacks Shark..Lucky Shark".

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
You guys see the attack on the surfer this weekend? Guy says he punched the shark and somehow it left him alone. Crazy footage if you get a chance to see it.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: bellagirl

i should never have commented on this thread but i had a few schooners under my belt and the rest is history....

To answer your question i just do not like the celebrity wow factor,at the end of the day the guy got a love tap from the shark and he was lucky no one was hurt and that is a good thing....

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Man, my reading comprehension has been way off. I was thinking this was about another incident. I might be losing my mind as I can't seem to get anything straight these days.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Mick has stated that he is contemplating never surfing again and has flown back to Australia . His mother was watching him on television at the time . Lucky lad .

I could understand, only because that looked like a nightmare and had to be a bit traumatic. It must have been really heavy to cause someone like that to actually quit.

I seriously bet he's just saying that though, if it's even true. He will be back out in no time. Won't be able to resist.

Bethany Hamilton still shreds at a ridiculous level with one arm.......
edit on 21-7-2015 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   

cheers

It came across te Interwebs as if you were correcting something I said, I just copy and pasted the story. I never changed anything within the story to make it sound more dramatic than it was. Though i'm sure you will agree, it was, rather dramatic footage.

I'm pretty sure you will agree that that Shark could easily have popped Mick's Leg off without any trouble whatsoever.

I'm sure you will agree that that shark was high risk and Mick was at risk.

On how the media spins a story, I agree with you. no argument from me there.

Cheers.

No worries mate I agree on all counts

cheers

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Well done guys....this thread started to go off track but we managed to save it.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

a reply to: bellagirl

i should never have commented on this thread but i had a few schooners under my belt and the rest is history....

To answer your question i just do not like the celebrity wow factor,at the end of the day the guy got a love tap from the shark and he was lucky no one was hurt and that is a good thing....
we are all guilty of that every now and then.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Beth is an absolute champion.

Your right. I cant imagine what his poor mum went through watching it live. She has already lost one son, and actually thought she had just watch another die before her eyes live on t.v.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join