It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California's storm

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
It's exactly what I feared might happen from remnants of a tropical storm (Dolores). We're all doomed.
Is the drought over?!! a reply to: Ultralight

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
humidity here is close to being what it is like in the south...walked out my patio door yesterday about 7 pm, sat down in the shade to have a smoke and a glass of wine, about 15 minutes later my shirt was wet from the humidity. usually I just get damn hot. I said to myself "screw this" and went back inside. the lightning strikes in the Sierras, with all that dry timber, brings lot of smoke into the central valley if the winds are just right.....I'm glad I don't live up in the foothills or higher, those fires can literally race up a hill, if the winds are strong enough, and the ambers can float for hundreds of yards in all directions.
edit on 20-7-2015 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
We didn't get anything up here in the Monterey Bay. Bummer as we could certainly use it.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say we should expect a few more of these events before the summer is over. El Nino appears to be on the way and so far, it's shaping up to be comparable to '97-'98 and possibly even as strong as the '86-'87 event.

Pretty good overall summary via NOAA: ENSO: Recent Evolution, Current Status and Predictions

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight
I know that the rule of ATS is that if there are no pics, it didn't happen. But this DID,

Last night, in Central coast area of CA, we experienced a never before intense lightning, thunder, and rain storm. It is still rolling thunder as I type this. As I posted previously, I am a CA native and have lived in this area for all of my 53 years of life. I have NEVER experienced the relentless lightning and thunder storm we experienced beginning last night around midnight. my dogs, all 7 of them, were besides themselves with fear. Needless to say, I got little sleep.

This storm has an unnatural feel about it. We need the rain, quite desperately, but Im telling you this was different in a intensity and duration; it literally parked over my neighborhood and hell unleashed for hours. Flash lightning and bolt lighting, rolling, roaring, house shaking thunder. Rain poured without wind. Looking out the window, I see no noticable wind.

This is bizarre. But as bizzare as it is, I thank the Creator for the much , much needed rain.

If this is posted in the wrong forun, please move it, ans my apologies.

Anyone else experience this Ca weather event?
Texas just had per the news, flooding of epic, biblical proportions. Two things to consider. Texas was in a severe drought, as California is now, so maybe this is MOTHER NATURE CATCHING UP.

Second, maybe this is more of our govts mischief.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich
I will never forget a storm that rolled through central ohio back in like 2002 or 2003. Ive never been so alarmed in my life.

It was dead of winter, we had good 3 or 4 inchs of snow cover. Not a typical time for severe weather like that here. Storm rolled in middle of the night, jolted me outta bed. I thought we were being bombed, the lightning was so intense and frequent that there was no rolling thunder. It sounded like explosions less than a full second appart. Just boom, boom, boom, boom.

I have never experianced anything like it before or sense.

I remember that storm!

It was truly odd.

Woke me up too. I stood at the window for as long as I could stay awake, staring in amazement.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Oh, its nothing, just a witchcraft war between the neo-pagans and dark magic societies

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
It's strange, you Californians. You go for years, no rain, drought to where you are crying about lack of water.

Then it rains and you say it's too much, going 15 miles an hour on the highway for a light drizzle.

Pick one or the other, do you like it? Yes or no. I don't think you like desert, so perhaps rain is good. Get your dogs a thunder shirt to calm them down.

Next in line...landslides! California, the State of Emergency.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
As time goes on the extra moisture in the atmosphere from melting ice caps / shelves will help create even more unstable weather as the earth's great thermostat is adjusted.

new deserts are forming and new rain forest patterns are emerging.

It's cycles

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join