It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't believe in pixies, is there a label for me, and is that a belief system?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Speaking as a representative of a pooka clan, I can't begin to tell you how disappointed the pixies are.

They are beside themselves in grief.

Some have even begun to doubt your existence.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I would also like to simply point out that in 2008, a little known candidate ran for office of American President. His name was Carl Fleemwright.

President Fleemwright was swept into office and brought years of peace and prosperity throughout the globe. His one issue was pixies.

He didn't believe in them. So the pixies got together and stopped believing in him.

As a result?

President Obama was elected and all the years of peace were re-written and we see where we are now.

I'm not one to tell you how to think, but let my words be a cautionary tale.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Hahaha! Good replies Beez

So, the pixies told you all that then?!
Could it be the other way around, and when most folk in Devon & Cornwall stopped believing in them, it was the pixies who vanished from existence?

Hmm, I might visit Dartmoor at the weekend and perform a pixie summoning ritual in a stone circle. On my own, at midnightwhile mocking their non-existence.
Nah, maybe not, could be a bit spooky, and even though I don't believe in scooby doo type stuff, the legends of pixies are actually really strong here so just to be on the safe side...

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

You don't believe in Piskies??
Well I just don't know what to say, I mean there's more evidence of them than there is for Chri....er.... some other things.

Good thread though mate.

Reminds me of a Dawkins quote

The notion that religion is a proper field, in which one might claim expertise, is one that should not go unquestioned. That clergyman presumably would not have deferred to the expertise of a claimed ‘fairyologist’ on the exact shape and colour of fairy wings

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

Haha!

I'm actually thinking about embracing Pixism the more I think about it, it's no more or less verifiable than any other mythological figures, from the Abrahamic god to Zoroastrionism and everything in between.

One added bonus is it appears to be the case in the online world that there is much less hatred from religious folk if you believe in something.
It doesn't even matter how much the thing you believe in contradicts with another's belief system, so long as you believe in something. The faith is the important thing.

...I'm finding myself becoming drawn toward Piskies (Pixies). It is an ancient belief, in a land covered with neolithic stone circles constructed thousands of years even before the claims of Jesus.
Maybe I have finally found a faith

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join