It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Service to Other keeps systems alive where its leaders expect you to sacrifice your joy for them

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Service To Others S.T.O isn't force, For 1 personally its associated with my experiences in the phases of Life and Death Within EXISTENCE.

LEARNED

That at times yes it can be a potentially enjoyable experience / feeling to be Service To Self S.T.S. within Existence Only caring about what makes you happy or supports your personal gains. But at times being S.T.S may be at the cost of others unenjoyment and or even despair...
Therefore 1 learned being about yourself and demonstrating S.T.S behaviors and activities upon and around others only may help you find enjoyment with yourself eventually as you find yourself alone and or alienated from the ALL* as you personally segregated yourself from the rest of the WHOLE* who practice more Service To Others S.T.O in order to support the WHOLE* that they may acknowledge more. It seems however the WHOLE* is made up so that things Attract to things like them. So if some practiced Service To Self S.T.S more they may eventually end up in scenarios where they are surrounded or encountered by more of those who feel the same. Who may eventually find enjoyment or interest in interfering with or causing discomforts with those who seek to only find interest in providing Service to themSelves...

So arpgme 1 just recommends that if this is how you feel then understand more of what it may mean.

Service To Others is more compassion based. Its recognizing that others may be in harms way and that you may be in position to help them.

Scenario example-
Humans encountering some planetary cosmic like issue catastrophe and some of their Alien brothers & sisters being in a position to help the species of man survive said issue catastrophe. The Service To Others S.T.O would be a situation where the Alien sisters and brothers WHO HAD COMPASSION FOR MANKIND came down and either helped evacuate the planet or prevent the Cosmic or Planetary catastrophic issues...
The Alien Bros/Sis would be showing compassion for mankind not because they are forced to but because they CARED to, because they didnt want to see the species destroyed...

Service to Self S.T.S behavior and or thinking with the same scenario would be the Alien bros/sis see they are safe from the issues catastrophe about to harm the humans and they just sit back and watch it happen to the humans. Because the humans would be others to theirSELVES...
And so they who would be Service To Self S.T.S would allow the Cosmic (asteroid - comet impact or malevolent alien invasion) or planet (WAR) based catastrophe issues happen to the humans and other life on a planet because they only care for self.

Where as the Service To Others S.T.O groups who ALSO may be SAFE from the issues catastrophe the humans may be facing would Step in and again STOP A GLOBAL WAR(S) PREVENT AN ASTEROID COMET Extinction Level Event E.L.E Impact or try to help the species from a malevolent Alien -INTERDIMENSIONAL ATTACK... ALL* out of compassion for others NOT FORCE...

So to assist the consciousness arpgme what would YOU want done if you were the humans in that position within the scenario 1 shared?
How would you want some of the Alien sis/bros to behave STO or STS with YOU? In such a situation?

NAMASTE*******
edit on 7/19/15 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
A reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Hi. You are explaining things in your scenario, REALLY closely to what can be read
with the link in the second line of my signature !!

STS and STO are very nicely described in "The Ra material" !

Blue skies.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Religions tend to say practise service to others by spreading that religions particular message about being saved etc. They believe they are saving others and practising service to others when they are round about practising service to self because they're preaching to live in accordance with the best interests of the religion.

Real service to others is just helping people in need unconditionally.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Maybe I should have said conformity rather than service-to-others.

Conformity causes people to just go along with rules to hurt others because a leader said so. Conformity causes people to judge, bully, and kill others just for being different. People claim to believe in freedom until it's something they don't approve of like gay marriage, marijuanna, or prostitution (with consent).

They have no respect for free-will and what people choose to do with their own bodies. Conformists are people who believe everyone should be the same and they disapprove of differences.

a reply to: C-JEAN

STS and STO are very nicely described in "The Ra material" !

I like Seth Speaks better. Seth says there are many versions of the present, past, and future and we are always choosing what we experience with our beliefs. Ra is talking about service-to-others vs service-to-self as if it is wrong to love yourself and be free and live for your own joy.

Anita Moorjani saw the other side, she healed her own cancer, chose her own future and changed the past which affected her present and future, and it was her own choice. She has the power to create her own reality and there is no such thing as too much self-love. She saw that a lack of self-love was the cause of her cancer, trying to please others.

She is the greatest evidence that service-to-self is the true way to live and self-love causes miracles.
edit on 19-7-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
Either has destructive effects if it is in extreme and not balanced with the other.

I keep hearing this "service to others is the only thing! to do/be a part of" (Buddihist/Hindi idea form) to grow the soul as a participant [SAVED SOUL]. Personally am very suspicious of it. Once again become a 'slave' to something indefinite and ill described. Can one not through free will service one self's NEEDS FIRST? Seriously, this is why one has an EGO Formation (ME FIRST before you neutralize/kill me). Get real.
edit on 19-7-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

I'm glad you outed this into the open. Alcoholics Anonymous is notorious for this. They say you cannot transmit something you do not have and just about everything is selfish and self centered. I think we transmit exactly what we have. In other words I give exactly what I get works just like I get what I give......very very irritating philosophy

I might add that thats all our culture pushes HARD WORK and sacrifice. Cant imagine why that is. You get a star and flag and I rarely give them out.

edit on 19-7-2015 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-7-2015 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: superluminal11

I'm glad you outed this into the open. Alcoholics Anonymous is notorious for this. They say you cannot transmit something you do not have and just about everything is selfish and self centered. I think we transmit exactly what we have. In other words I give exactly what I get works just like I get what I give......very very irritating philosophy

I might add that thats all our culture pushes HARD WORK and sacrifice. Cant imagine why that is. You get a star and flag and I rarely give them out.

I suppose you proclaim yourself as "special" [for some reason] in the 'transmission' of EXACTLY (what we have) or what you do not have. You have made this perfectly clear. All selfishness is to be judged by you and as a AA member have FIRST JUDGEMENT upon all others; Jesus, I am so glad you have returned FINALLY!

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

I keep hearing this "service to others is the only thing! to do/be a part of" (Buddihist/Hindi idea form) to grow the soul as a participant [SAVED SOUL]. Personally am very suspicious of it. Once again become a 'slave' to something indefinite and ill described. Can one not through free will service one self's NEEDS FIRST? Seriously, this is why one has an EGO Formation (ME FIRST before you neutralize/kill me). Get real.

You can do what you want, I think. I don't believe in any universal "rules" .

Personally, I find I feel best when finding a balance between fulfilling my own needs/wants, and those of others.
If I can find actions which attend to both, or at the very least, do not obstruct others in their path of happiness, then I am most happy...both in long and short term.

This is the hardest middle path to take, and is not always possible in each moment, but if we are going to talk of ideals, this is the best it can get, for me anyway.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
originally posted by: Bluesma
originally posted by: vethumanbeing

vhb: I keep hearing this "service to others is the only thing! to do/be a part of" (Buddihist/Hindi idea form) to grow the soul as a participant [SAVED SOUL]. Personally am very suspicious of it. Once again become a 'slave' to something indefinite and ill described. Can one not through free will service one self's NEEDS FIRST? Seriously, this is why one has an EGO Formation (ME FIRST before you neutralize/kill me). Get real.

Bluesma: You can do what you want, I think. I don't believe in any universal "rules" .

Personally, I find I feel best when finding a balance between fulfilling my own needs/wants, and those of others.
If I can find actions which attend to both, or at the very least, do not obstruct others in their path of happiness, then I am most happy...both in long and short term.
This is the hardest middle path to take, and is not always possible in each moment, but if we are going to talk of ideals, this is the best it can get, for me anyway.

I think one has to be happy (of service to themselves first) to be able to do the same for others. Depending upon the personality; for some its a tough go just to understand this world and would be impossible to give themselves over to help others. It doesn't make sense. I am of the understanding that one can do what they want which is the whole of the law, love under will. Just do it with no contamination (guilt); its all allowed to experience being a human (you are informing/giving the the creator information is all which is the point of our existance).
edit on 20-7-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
It's ine of the reason the left wants to end tax breaks for religious organizations. If places like churches aren't around to help out the people. The only place to go is government. Then the person who is doing the 'service' to others, is only doing it for a pay check.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

This is kind of funny. Selfishness is good. I guess that's the message here. I remember the one, "he who dies with the most toys wins" This is pretty much the same message and about as deep. I think it's catching on among some people too. An entire political party in fact are trying to sell this. lol Good luck with that.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Loveaduck

This is kind of funny. Selfishness is good. I guess that's the message here. I remember the one, "he who dies with the most toys wins" This is pretty much the same message and about as deep. I think it's catching on among some people too. An entire political party in fact are trying to sell this. lol Good luck with that.

Ego awareness. There is nothing wrong with attaining what one can in the 3D (its the realization you will not be able to take it with you to the afterlife). Leave it to help your family; they will need it. How does it feel being roped into being the investment banker for your progeny?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

I'm sorry, that makes zero sense.

Service to self causes selfish behavior • This is true

It generates the illusion that one is separate from the whole • How do you assume?

So you say that if I make myself my first priority then I will begin to believe that I am NOT an all-powerful and all-encompassing entity? Cockamamie.

Sounds like a "Ya can't have any pudding until ya eat yer meat!" issue to me. Here's the secret: you can eat whatever you want whenever you want.

I propose this: we all have a demented idea of how karma works. The good energies you put out do not bring more good energies in, they create a need for bad energies to dissolve the imbalance. That is why the good die young, nothing gold lasts, and Bill Cosby is a rapist.
edit on 22-7-2015 by pianoasis because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-7-2015 by pianoasis because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join