It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fan of Roguelikes and Zombies? Try Cataclysm: DDA!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Cataclysm Dark Days Ahead is a survival monster apocalypse roguelike.

Whereas most roguelikes are based in fantasy realms, CDDA is based in New England after *something* happened and all kinds of krazy crap attacked. It takes place in the year 2040 so there are robots, CBMs (cybernetic enhancements) Mutagens and all kinds of other wacky stuff. You can even be a Cannibal Clown, if that's your bag.

If however, you are a spoiled gamer used to flashy graphics with gameplay that is about as entertaining as playing 'ball in a cup' then this game may not be for you. YOU WILL DIE! A lot. Trust me. Think I'm kidding, just go to a hospital.

CDDA GitHub

I have been playing this game for over a year now, it is an ASCII roguelike but it does support a variety of tilesets (Chesthole is my favorite) but you may, depending on your familiarity with such games, enjoy playing a more bare bones version.

Any CDDA players here? Lets swap survival stories and funny epithets.

I remeber one character I was playing, I was inadvertantly wielding a plum that I had picked from a plum tree and another survivor ambushed me and said "Drop the effing plum!" as though the plum were a threat to him. I roleplayed like my character was about to take a bite of the plum and was completely caught off gaurd and then killed the poor sap with a modified chainsaw.

Good times. Something to help you all get started and give a little preview of what the game is like:

CDDA is easily one of THE BEST games I have ever played. Ever I love it and figured I would share it with the gamers of ATS.

Happy scavenging, survivors!

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Off topic but I like your profile pic..

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Some of the best games I have played over the years are rogue like.

Telengard, and ADOM being my two favorites.

I'll have to check this out.
s&f

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Do you think it would be possible to download and play it from a phone or tablet? I clicked the link, but wasnt sure where to go from there. Nothing I tried worked.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Leprekon

I like yours as well. Pipboy BoS. Though I'm not much of a Brotherhood fan.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Dude, it's a killer game, literally. Let me know how you like it if you get it.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Ya know, unfortunately I do not believe any devs have ported it to android or any other mobile platform, for that matter. It is very reliant on keyboard input.

new topics

top topics

join