It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern Family!!! 😂😂😂

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
What can I say...

When I first heard about Modern Family I thought, "here we go, another throwaway US sitcom"...

No...

Not even close.

Probably the funniest show I've ever seen barring The Simpsons.
& I wouldn't even count animation, so it's top of the bill for comedy.

Still only early into Season 1...
Saw a few from the later Seasons to pass the time and thought, "Sky Boxset Downloads?... Yes, deffo".

Just thought I'd share my glee with ATS.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I was the same; I avoided it because everyone was talking about it and assumed it was being hyped up. Finally watched the first season and was like "Okay, now I get why everyone is talking about it." The humor keeps up too. Lily gets some amazingly funny moments as she grows up.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

Yeah the hype drew me away as well...

Rarely does that displease me, because I'm usually right...
But I'm also a little glad I'm well behind because I get to enjoy it all as if it's fresh.

So cleverly written IMO.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Love me some Modern Family!

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Ed O'Neill as Jay Pritchett! Gloria would say Yay Pritchett. I like the episode when Gloria orders Baby Cheeses.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I can think of no better role model than Phil Dunphy. He's my hero.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Ok, I'll be honest,

It's all about dem boobies.

I have no shame.

Oh yeah...It's funny too.

Jude

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

YES!

One of the best sitcoms ever made, Luke is freaking hilarious but I am a Phil guy, myself. Everything that dude says is pure, unadulterated, comedy gold. I have been watching for a couple years now, myself but I still find myself watching the re-runs and still laughing at jokes I have heard a hundred times. Great Show.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

If my dad was half as cool as Phil, I might have turned out okay and a little bit funnier.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Philsosophy

Oh, and there's Gloria trying to get the dog to eat the shoe and Jay says to Manny "I'm sorry you had to see that". As funny as it gets.

I found the episode last season where Claire messes everything up while stuck in the Chicago(or wherever) airport interesting. The horrors of social networking.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Its a good tv show BUT who are they supposed to be making a documentary for and how come no one ever mentions they are filming a documentary....OR is this tv show really prepping us for the day when we have surveillance cameras in our homes and we have to explain our word and actions to the PTB at the end of our day

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: angrymob

This is from the IMDB trivia section for Modern Family:

The original show description explained why the show was shot in a "mockumentary" style. It stated a Swedish movie director, who formally was a foreign exchange student in Phil's home, was shooting a documentary on the American family.

top topics

join