It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Queen NAZI Salute Film released

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: RonPalmer

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Seems when things can be taken out of context we get what this video is trying to claim.

Except this film hasn't been taken out-of-context. They really are all giving the Nazi salute.

BEFORE Hitler became Fuhrer
BEFORE WW2
BEFORE the Swastika was anything more than a political symbol
BEFORE the salute was associated to a dictatorship
BEFORE the Holocaust
BEFORE the SS
BEFORE the Queen herself served her country in the war
BEFORE we kicked Germany's behind

It is taken entirely out of context, and people are taking it out of context because they are entirely ignorant of our history.
edit on 18-7-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Racism was central to Nazism. The Nazis propagated the idea of a "people's community" (Volksgemeinschaft) with the aim of uniting "racially desirable" Germans as national comrades, whilst excluding those deemed either to be political dissidents, physically or intellectually inferior, or of a foreign race (Fremdvölkische). The Nazis sought to improve the stock of the Germanic people through racial purity and eugenics, broad social welfare programs, and a disregard for the value of individual life, which could be sacrificed for the good of the Nazi state and the "Aryan master race".

Not Before:

> Hitler wrote Mein Kampf, an autobiographical manifesto for the Nazi Party.

> Adolf Hitler was released from prison.

> Hitler was elected as head of the Nazi Party.

> The Nazi Party gained power.

> The Nazi Party introduced the 'Reichstag Fire Decree', which took away all civil liberty.

> The Nazi Party Jailed 4000 members of the Communist Party.

> The Nazi Party had started to bring in new legislation regarding the rights of a Jew.

> The Nazi Party had opened their first concentration camp.

> The Nazi Party were acting like, ermmmm... Nazis?

The context of the video may be down to speculation, but history shows that in 1933 the Nazi party had just gained power and 'Nazi-ism' was well underway.

Oh, and...

Before the SS

By 1933 the SS were 800 strong and had already sworn an allegiance to Hitler and the Nazi Party.

Three more of your points are also incorrect but i dont wanna come across as anal.

You really shouldn't go around calling people ignorant of history mate, its not nice

edit on 18/7/15 by HumanPLC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

And 4 years later when the Nazis' intentions and ideology were most definitely common knowledge Uncle Eddie/George was making the Nazi salute in person to Adolf and declaring him a decent chap.

Oh and I was responding to a post that was suggesting that this film had been taken out-of-context because the Royals were making an unrelated gesture that had been mistaken for a Nazi salute. My point was that they clearly were making a Nazi salute regardless of their ignorance of its then or subsequent signifigance.

edit on 18-7-2015 by RonPalmer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Giving a Nazi Salute in the 1930's was nothing unusual.

Here is a photograph of The England Football Team playing in Germany in 1938.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Great Pic... Seriously... I gave you a star

Do you have a link or anything... i would really love to read a bit more.

Excellent find, but being an Englishman, a bit of a wierd thing to see if im honest, lol.

Edit to add...

Never mind..

it ranks as one of England's darkest moments in the sport.

Source: news.bbc.co.uk...

Mate, that was a bit of a low blow to be fair, you had me fooled for a bit, lol

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: HumanPLC

There are many articles about this game in 1938.

Here is one from The BBC.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

You said...

Giving a Nazi Salute in the 1930's was nothing unusual.

But that article is specifically about how unusual it was?

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: HumanPLC

I should have said it was "expected off " instead of unusual.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Pretty much says it all really

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Hitler got the salute from the U.S. Americans.

When the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the USA was instituted, the original posture was not 'hand over heart' but it was 'right arm extended upwards' i.e., what we think of today as the fascist or Nazi salute.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: igor_ats
Shocked how many people don't realize the Royals' German connections.

The house of Windsor springs from the marriage of Queen Victoria to Prince Albert in 1840. He was the son of the Duke of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha in Germany and his name became that used by the British royal family.

Dates back futher than that.

The English (or should I say our French) royal family died with Queen Elizebeth I Passing on to the scotish stuarts that died with queen Anne in 1707 with the throne passing onto the German King George I of Hannover.

edit on 18-7-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
That's alright then - Brenda was only 'playfully waving'...

www.express.co.uk...

Where's my guillotine?

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

This is a family playing and momentarily referencing a gesture many would have seen from contemporary news reels.
"No-one at that time had any sense how it would evolve. To imply anything else is misleading and dishonest.

That seems accurate and I am not sure I get the point of this topic? I'll have to side with the there is simply nothing too this and you must be bored camp.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I find the way certain people ignore the context, the period in which this video was shot, and the age and awareness level of the Queen at that point in her life, when making assumptions about the meaning of this video, to be more than a little cynical and disingenuous. As others in the thread have made clear, the salute that the Queen was videoed giving, was not, at the time the video was made, a salute bonded to the meanings and feelings that such a salute inspires in this day and age, and even if it had of been, the Queen herself was of no fit age to make a value judgement about the Nazis, even if what we know today, had been widely known then.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Perhaps it's because there are those of us of an, admittedly, republican bent who feel that the actions of some Senior Royals in the inter-war period were in themselves 'cynical and disingenuous'.

A sense that having Anglicised themselves to court favour prior to WWI they were 'cosying-up' to Hitler in the run-up to WWII.

Were they hedging their bets? What would they have done had the Axis powers triumphed? People who think they would only ever have 'done what's best for the nation' are, I would respectfully suggest, deluded.

The Royal Family, like all families, only truly have their own interests at heart.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Hi Ron, With a nod to a fellow Private Eye reader, I noticed that three-year-old Yvonne saluted with her left hand. A rebel from an early age, obviously.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   

This is NO big deal at all.

And even if they were doing it because of NAZI sympathizing...who cares.

I dont care if anyone sympathizes with Nazis......life is life. Im not a fan of Israel anyway

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   
For the origins of the "Salute".
en.wikipedia.org...

Like most things Roman, it probably originated in Egypt or Babylonia although identifying would be as difficult as identifying the origin of handshaking or sticking fingers up/gesticulating.

Who cares about a gesture anyway??....the Nazi's were funded by European and US bankers (with royal links) who used their old Holy Roman Empire bloodline connections to cash in on Germany's post WW1 woes.

The fact that there are a bunch of people who divvied up the old empire and even today use their riches to position themselves at the top whilst making poorly educated, working class people fight their on-going battles is the issue...not some half a fruitcake making a child salute 80 years ago.

edit on 19-7-2015 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I'm no royal Fan, but this video clip is certainly no revelation. Rupert Murdoch has always had a bit of a chip on his shoulder because he was never accepted by the British Establishment. A storm in a tea cup. Nothing to get upset over. We should know by now Murdoch is a lowlife. It's the British public that lap up his media, who are the ones to worry about
edit on 19-7-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: SummerLightning

Hi Ron, With a nod to a fellow Private Eye reader, I noticed that three-year-old Yvonne saluted with her left hand. A rebel from an early age, obviously.

I'm surprised Uncle Eddie didn't have her shot for dissent!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join