It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can disagreement on Twitter put you in jail?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: subfab
a reply to: chuck258

did a yahoo search for an update and this article:
english.pravda.ru...

claims the following

The astounding thing about this case is that Elliott himself was clearly subjected to harassment by Guthrie and Reilly when the two activists sent him a barrage of hateful tweets. Another supporter of Guthrie and Reilly even pretended to be a 13-year-old girl to try and portray Elliott as a pedophile

so who exactly is the one being harassed?

All women at all times are victimized by male privilege. Obviously any argument between an oppressor and an oppressed person is an expression of dominance, an act of oppression in and of itself. This man was obviously "taking up space" and "shouting women down" in an oppressive manner which probably triggered the victim to the point of self harm. So, he put her in danger.

Even if he didn't threaten violence his aggressive disagreement is a form of violence because he is a member of the oppressor class. Probably a white male. The worst offenders. Anyhow, this site needs trigger warnings because I was almost assaulted online a few weeks ago and these conversations really put me in danger because....ugh, I was almost assaulted online. The words are real and so is the danger, because, ya, I was punched in the face online last week. Some white male in Russia threatened to do bad things to me. It's not like he was trolling and went on with his day right after he logged off. Because the Internet is real. Thoughtcrime is real. So is "man spreading" on the subway or trains. The male gaze. Cat calls everywhere. I can't even leave my house. Sexcrime around every corner. No woman is safe. We need to declare a national emergency. We need more Internet police arresting people for what they type online! Because...oppression.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: JeanPaul

Male privilege is just as much of a myth as white privilege. Nothing more than an excuse to justify behavior that would not otherwise be justified.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   

i guess "sitting with your legs slightly too far apart" is an offense in new york that can get you arrested.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

at least two men have been arrested and charged on grounds of the M–word, "presumably because they were taking up more than one seat and therefore inconveniencing other riders".

when i first heard of this i thought it was a joke. but sure enough there it is in the Telegraph . even if they arrest people who take up two seats with their carry-ons, the law still is a crock of excrement. i understand this only affects men. what utter nonsense! so i guess if someone thinks your legs are too far apart and you don't think they are, that disagreement can land a man in jail.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

i guess "sitting with your legs slightly too far apart" is an offense in new york that can get you arrested.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

at least two men have been arrested and charged on grounds of the M–word, "presumably because they were taking up more than one seat and therefore inconveniencing other riders".

when i first heard of this i thought it was a joke. but sure enough there it is in the Telegraph . even if they arrest people who take up two seats with their carry-ons, the law still is a crock of excrement. i understand this only affects men. what utter nonsense! so i guess if someone thinks your legs are too far apart and you don't think they are, that disagreement can land a man in jail.

Yes, things like that expose the thought process behind some feminist theory/activism. Radical feminism.

If the Internet trolls would stop threatening them with rape/beatings (online) more people would be able to point to their actions and criticize.

The fact people have actually been arrested for "ManSpreading" is friggin scary. It's authoritarian as all hell. It will also generate what they want which is conflict. Especially online. They want people, men, to "troll" them with sexist posts so they can point to it and justify the more radical feminist theory/activism.

Keep in mind, I'm talking about Radical Feminism here. Not liberal feminism or any movement advocating actual equality.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Male privilege is just as much of a myth as white privilege. Nothing more than an excuse to justify behavior that would not otherwise be justified.

the only privilege is that of extreme wealth.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join