It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question regarding strange noises I only hear

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I had a very strange experience last night, well strange at least in the sense that it has never happened to me before in the way it did. If you have ever heard about the phenomenon called Exploding Head Syndrome it is when you are about to fall asleep (at least that's when it happens to me) and all of a sudden, within your own head, an explosion of light occurs and basically stuns your body and definitley wakes you up. Its similar to lightning only hitting your brain without the burning and such devastation. Well I have had this happen to me several times during my 30 year life, and each one of the experiences was right near when I was asleep.

Last night howeever, I was laying in bed restless, hot, and could not get to sleep. I was reading in bed for nearly two hours prior and just could not get tired, so I just finished the book I was reading and turned out the light. After about an hour of trying to relax and get comfortable I was lying on my back and just concentrating on trying to sleep. I was nowhere near close to falling a sleep, merely just lying on my back relaxing. All of a sudden I had that similar flash, like Exploding Head Syndrome, but it wasn't a super bright flash with only a boom. It was a faint flash that sent my nerves a bit tingly for 2-3 seconds and instead of a boom, it was like twisting a dial on a radio. I head severall voices, all male, all unrecognizable, all in a matter of 1/5th of a second or so. it was literally like turning on a radio in middle of a commercial and turning it off suddenly, except it was like 2 or 3 voices going on at the same time.

Nothing else was on in my room electrical and was about 2 a.m. I know it was in my mind and nothing extraneous. it was certainly weird, and am asking if anyone elase experiences such things.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: iDope

What did they say?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Do you have metal fillings in your teeth? I have heard that sometimes when they get loose, they vibrate to certain radio frequencies and you can actually pick up radio programs and hear them.

www.recordonline.com...
edit on 17-7-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

It was inaudible from what I could tell. It was literally less than a half a second of someone speaking with noise in the background that sounded like other chatter. But the main voice was a mans that made out maybe a few syllables but I couldn't understand it. For an idea of what it was like, it was like- sitting in a room in absolute quite with your eyes closed and all of a sudden a small flash occurs simultaneously as a voice in Espanol was tryin to say "Mop it" or "It is" with background noise, and then your body feels lighter and a bit tingly. I know it was a voice and a mans, and a lot lower than mine. Definitley noone I know from what I could tell. It was such a quick burst of unexpected noise/voice that it's hard to ascertain.

I kept my eyes closed the entire time, and even for the next 5-7 minutes was asking for it to keep speaking in case that worked. I couldn't sleep anyways so I just laid there wondering wtf happened after I heard nothing else.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Your auditory experience especially correlates with what people consider to be pre-astral projection experiences.
Projections have been pretty much explained by science. but can still be pretty powerful to the one projecting.

I experienced it myself once after years of trying to project unsuccessfully. Sounded like an amp turned way up briefly and startled me awake.

I think that the "exploding head syndrome" and the pre-astral projection experiences are actually one and the same.

Another thing I've experienced since I've had sleep apnea and/or from excessive caffeine (haven't narrowed it down yet) is what feels like a heart issue like a brief stop within my chest or I could simply have stopped breathing for a moment. I can't figure it out, but it's powerful and generally leaves me with a burst of adrenaline that keeps me awake for awhile. Yeah, it's scary. No lights or anything though.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Do you have metal fillings in your teeth? I have heard that sometimes when they get loose, they vibrate to certain radio frequencies and you can actually pick up radio programs and hear them.

www.recordonline.com...

No I do not have metal fillings. They are the type that are white. I don't remember what they are called but I know I have no metal/mercury/silver in my mouth. My mother works at the dental office I have always visited and I asked her several years back If I have any metal in my mouth and she says that the Dr's in the office have never done those. However, I had braces on y bottom teeth at one pint and I still have a small semi-permanent retainer behind 4 of my bottom 4 teeth, which is literally like unfolding a small paperclip and cutting it into a 3rd and sticking it in your mouth. But the sound I heard also came along with a strange shock that I felt even in my hands, like they became lighter and a bit tingly. For a few seconds I felt like half the weight I am, or at least the nerves that detect weight and pressure were malfunctioning in a way for me to percieve that I was lighter (i.e. barely any pressure on my back while lying on back). I weigh 190 and felt like I could be 80 pds for just a few seconds. But I gather it was my nerves and/or skin reacting to some electrical malfunction in my brain, I really don't know.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Thanks for that reply.

I would say, if it isn't something spiritual or alien or government --like….

Then maybe you have an issue in your vertebrae. A slight movement in just the right direction pinches a nerve bundle and a burst of sensory data enters your brain. Have any spine, neck or back problems that you know of?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

This happens in people when we have an imbalance of electrochemical in our brain. Many factors contribute including hydration, and serotonin re-uptake. Certain drugs like SSRIs and also other substances that can imbalance brain chemicals can cause this condition. Your brain is like an electrochemical chemistry set.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Thanks for that reply.

I would say, if it isn't something spiritual or alien or government --like….

Then maybe you have an issue in your vertebrae. A slight movement in just the right direction pinches a nerve bundle and a burst of sensory data enters your brain. Have any spine, neck or back problems that you know of?

I've had a sore back here and there but it's only when I stress it, like bending over for a longer time than normal, or letting my son ride on my back while we are on a walk, but only temporary. I do kind of hunch at my computer, but I do try to stretch several time every week, not really any back pain or injury though.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence

This happens in people when we have an imbalance of electrochemical in our brain. Many factors contribute including hydration, and serotonin re-uptake. Certain drugs like SSRIs and also other substances that can imbalance brain chemicals can cause this condition. Your brain is like an electrochemical chemistry set.

I do drink off and on throughout the week and have really tried to cut down, but I am on 0 prescriptions and haven't taken any medication besides an antibiotic nearly 7 years ago. I agree the brain is in a way an "electorchemical chemistry set" and many psychological prescriptions like SSRI's and MAOI's are just dripping chemicals in there to see the results when reported from the user.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: gottaknow

When I was laying on y back I was pretty much trying to meditate myself to sleep. I don't meditate much, but I was really trying to calmm everything down in order to drift asleep.

I have tried to astral project and the such in the past, it has been 6 months or so, listening to brainwave frequencies and meditation stuff while falling asleep, but I haven't really had the dedication to pursue it, as strange as an experience I would love to have.

The strange thing as what is labeled as Exploding Head Syndrome, it is literally frightening as #. The first several times it happened I thought I was about to die or in direct harm. It's like an a-hole friend waking you up by firing a rifle in your room while jsut about to fall asleep and as that rifle goes off, your eyes (that are closed) see a bright flash and your body gets an electrical charge through it, definitley adrenaline rush. I have never fallen asleep within an hour after it has happened, like 4 espressos going into your throat as your try to figure out why a lighting bolt enterd your body but you fell no pain. I see why people are insomniacs.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
The flashes and the audio hallucinations can be from small seizures in the brain. Everyone gets them occasionally but we are used to them so we don't notice them. Depending on what part of the brain the burst of energy hits kind of determines what we experience. I had those even before I got the Temporal Lobe Epilepsy and I found that these small quick seizures are actually normal. But mine are not normal anymore so I have to use food to control them which actually works pretty well. Everyone actually gets mini strokes almost every day from what I read also. They also are normal. We have an amazing ability to heal, but we push it to the limit, constantly poisoning ourselves with things.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Okaaay, if not physical then maybe, chemical?

I've been doped to certain flashy limits and beyond before.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Okaaay, if not physical then maybe, chemical?

I've been doped to certain flashy limits and beyond before.

I used to grow my own shrooms only for myself; shroom flashback? Only did them about 20 times in 2 years.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

waking you up by firing a rifle in your room while just about to fall asleep

I sympathize with you. That is a very frightening experience. I used to have that happen all the time, except in my experiences there was no flash of light - just a massive explosion. In reference to your radio dial noise, I would hear that noise Neo would hear after he was done taking the red pill in the movie The Matrix. Believe this or not, but one night after being subjected again to that awful experience, a thought entered my mind that I had committed suicide in another life. I have no idea where that thought came from but I haven't had that experience since, and I would have had perhaps five recurrences since then. What a relief. Good Luck
edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
My wife has a similar problem when she's just about ready to fall asleep. Except the explosion doesn't come from her head but from her lower extremities.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
My wife has a similar problem when she's just about ready to fall asleep. Except the explosion doesn't come from her head but from her lower extremities.

Restless leg syndrom?
Or EVS ( Exploding vagina syndrome)? It's real, it's like a fishing boat 5 months out to sea came into harbor and dumped 10 tons of fishheads on your face, lucky we have been told to like sushi!
But ya seriously, either your wife either has nitroglycerin ovaries or you hallucinate fireworks in her panties in order to do something worthwhile during her REM state

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Not quite the same, but years ago I lived in a small duplex by myself. I was working on a project one weekend about 2:00 in the morning. There had been some kind of occasion earlier that week, and there happened to be a mylar type helium balloon floating at the top of the vaulted ceiling. I had no TV's or radios on in the house. Out of the blue, and for just a couple of seconds, I heard what sounded exactly like a radio coming from the direction of the balloon. It wasn't music as I remember, but a voice or voices. Unfortunately I couldn't understand what was said, as it had a lot of static and happened so quickly. I was wide awake, and the sound was loud enough to be very clear. Never had anything like that happen before, or since.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I too have had the exploding head occur a few times in my life & did not know what it was till a number of years ago.

Interestingly though, once I got in my car (in my teens, early twenties) and wasn't really paying attention (mind on other things) & started singing along with what I thought was a song i was hearing on the radio.

Then I started the car and the radio actually came on...with the same song, in the same spot.
Was shocked for a few moments wondering what was going on & second guessing what just happened.

Haven't ever had the radio thing happen again & haven't had the shock/boom/flash sensation in years.
edit on 17-7-2015 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

a thought entered my mind that I had committed suicide in another life. I have no idea where that thought came from but I haven't had that experience since,

Don't trip, that wasn't you doing that thinking. Maybe an empathic event, brought by another spirit, who may have killed themselves in that place, wherever it was.

A link to one of my experiences about 'stuck suicide spooks'…

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not saying your brief experience is related, just made me think of this when I read your post.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join