It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh Dear. The U.K. Now Has A Flag Issue.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Complete rot.

My God this species is sooooo PATHETIC! How about everyone get over their first world problems and grow up, rather than asking people to take down that, and forget this, and bury the bloody other? How about that?

There are much bigger problems in the offing these days, and I dare say some of them would not have come up if people had summoned the same offence to the idea of... Oh I don't know, five more years of the bloody Tories for instance?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

To all of you who thought the United States had a monopoly on politically correct stupidity I just wanted to quote Nelson Muntz:

'Haha'.

Agreed.Progressive PC silliness Doesn't recognize any national borders.After all we are one world(sarcasm).

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Putting things into perspective: Knowing the horrid working conditions (child labour, unsafe factories, low wages) in places like Bangladesh, Viet Nam and China (among many others), how about banning the flags of those countries instead of going after the companies (Gap, Joe, Nike, Apple, etc.) that are profiting hugely from the cheap labour.

It's the flags that are responsible, right?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The source is from UKIPs donor Richard Desmond, So no doubt a made up story to stir the nest.
edit on 17-7-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

One man giving an idiotic opinion on something he doesn't seem to be able to understand is not the same as the situation you have in the US, not even remotely close.
]

People in The U.K. are more reasoned and fools like Mr Vernon are totally ignored ( unlike the U.S.). Otherwise we would be taking down and banning The Union Flag which flew over the British Empire.

it's not being reported by any mainstream press in the UK

Your not very good at finding information are you ?

www.express.co.uk...

edit on 17-7-2015 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong the express is owned by Richard Desmond who funds UKIP its in his interests to print stories like these and get the public riled up. I doubt it's even true, but Desmond only cares about money, not race relations in this country. He probably saw how much fuss it's caused in the states and decided to give it a whirl in one of his rags. I'm not playing

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
'outrage' is a new cottage industry. what can we be 'outraged' about next? i'm sure we'll think of something.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Makes me ponder the loss of all countries independent flags in the Orwellian future.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Lol, just read that the flag was only designed and incorporated in 2013, hardly historical is it.
Personally I think it looks pretty ugly and agree with the fascist state imagery another poster sees in it, I felt the same as soon as I saw it myself in the OP.

Banning it though? Almost as ridiculous as the Welsh Yorkshire coal mining communities carrying any shame for supplying the energy used to make those chains.
Amusing story though, I can't see it going far, unless the Twitter and Facebook world gets virally offended and start campaigns.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

So no doubt a made up story to stir the nest.

Unfortunately not made up.

We had this idiot Vernon on our local radio station a few days ago, spouting his rubbish about this flag. Even more unfortunately some listeners where agreeing with him.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
It just sounded like a lie, but it's true. Oh well anything to keep people wound up with one another

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
A region known as " The Black Country " just north of Birmingham in The Industrial West Midlands of England , and the birthplace of The Industrial Revolution, has began a debate about the flag that represents this particular region.

Here is the flag in question.

Can anyone spot why this flag is causing an issue?

Yes it's The Chains. The Black Country was at one time the world centre for the production of chains, amongst many other things. The Chains and Anchors for The Titanic where manufactured in The Black Country. However chains used in slavery where also manufactured there. And it's for this issue that an argument has now broken out, and for the flag to be either removed or replaced.

Article here.

www.expressandstar.com...

Lets see... U.K Home of the rothchilds, and rockefellers. And this flag happens to be U.K's

Hmm... I do see something. But that old thing is oudated.

Here , I took the liberty of creating a "modern version" of it in just a few steps.

Edit: I also see Democrats and republicans. Just like the yin yang but serving one master.

edit on th2015000000Fridayth000000Fri, 17 Jul 2015 12:16:43 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoFri, 17 Jul 2015 12:16:43 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Going to go out on a limb and suggest maybe the UK has slightly bigger flag issues to worry about.

CX

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Does this mean they'll come for my banjo some day soon?

After all, weren't the first banjos made by slaves to remind them of what they used to play back on the plantations?

Can't have an instrument that is linked to slavery.

CX.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CX

I wear cotton clothing.

Maybe I should switch to wearable oil products.

edit on 17/7/15 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
They'll be coming after my Pink Floyd: The wall flag next
Buggers.....

Pretty much this....

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
It's only some eedgit councilors with time on their hands "what can we do. I know lets make a flag for our area"
The problem is these people have got just enough power and pull to get the job done. Have many locals been asked about this flag or even do they want a flag.
These are the people that needs to be swept away and have not even the power to choose which toilet paper is used.
We have a woman in my area, from one of the areas rich industrial family and she has ideas on how the area should be. But no-one would elect her so she got together with her coffee morning friends and invented "The Heritage Committee".
Non elected yet she has more power than the elected people. The things she has had stopped or radically altered is unbelievable. To top this some of her friends have started "The Friends of Heritage Committee".
Double the trouble.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Pressure Groups need new 'Outrage' every month. Whos going to bother giving them Grants if they find none? These pressure groups employ lots of Middle Class University Educated self righteous areseholes who have got nothing better to do apart from look for 'Outrage' while the rest of us are at work doing real jobs. Its a common lifestyle that finds its roots in the 80's with the Green Party.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: SoulSurfer
Lets see... U.K Home of the rothchilds, and rockefellers.

What kind of revisionist history you pushing? The Rockefellers trace their ancestry to Germany, not the British Isles.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
Going to go out on a limb and suggest maybe the UK has slightly bigger flag issues to worry about.

What particular flag issues would they be, may I ask?
...and if these issues are 'slightly bigger' than those mentioned in the OP then please do tell, are we talking about potential bans, sectarian flag flying in Scotland and N.Ireland, or perhaps a UK wide shortage of flagpoles or something I'm currently unaware of?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join