It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man filmed a fatal car crash instead of helping. Then, Ohio police arrested him.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Yup, people see it in the movies and can't distinguish between reality, or he's a real bag of s#!, or probably both

Ok so having gone to your link, he has people that I'm assuming are his friends defending him and putting the blame on the "idiots" who crashed.

Have we sunken so low that the thought of helping someone else goes out the window because, "oh well they did it to themselves".

I'm sure glad as a teen I didn't crash with all the crazy s# I did because surely no one would have come to help based on what I've seen our world devolve too.

Besides I tried before to save the life of crash victims who were drinking and driving, and had zero inclination to say "oh you drank ? Well F you I won't help you then, your brains can stay falling out of your head"..

It was some pretty traumatic stuff but I went in and did my best anyways because I was the first responder and I have first aid.

Never have I looked for fame or to be the "hero" because we all have the capacity but sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who still gives a F about anyone else.
edit on 17-7-2015 by threeeyesopen because:

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Spot on. What a callous and cruel thing to do - film people gravely injured instead of helping them.
I hope if they have any web channels they shut him down permanently lest he thinks counter hits make what he's doing alright.
Sick bastard that one.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

No he screwed up.

codes.ohio.gov...

In Ohio there is a law and not only did he break it, he p*ssed all over it.
Jail is just about right, then a special place in hell for his sorry morbid self.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: sycomix

He's not a medical worker, and the cops were already aware of the accident, so having a hard time seeing how a law regarding failure to report applies.

Are there laws requiring bystanders to provide assistance?

eta: Ohio has a law requiring bystanders to respond to people in need of assistance, it seems (don't have the law yet). It can't require a citizen to put themselves in danger. But in this case the guy entered the vehicle voluntarily, then did NOT provide assistance. Still looking for the ordinance...

etaa: Interesting. So far, legal journals say Ohio does NOT, and only requires reporting. Wiki and EMS sites say they do, but then refer to the reporting law which has no requirement to assist in there that I can find.
edit on 17-7-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

He's not a medical worker, and the cops were already aware of the accident, so having a hard time seeing how a law regarding failure to report applies.

Even if there are not laws
in that area requiring bystanders
to provide assistance,

the victims and their families
have a great lawsuit on their hands

to sue the photographers
for mental anguish for commenting
negatively on the victim(s)
and being intrusive on the site of the injury,
also for posting it publicly
where the film will exist for all time,
causing future mental pain and suffering
for the victim and family.

People need to start suing these monsters
who stand by, film, get close
to the pain and suffering and physical anguish,
and make comments that
disparage the victim in any way shape or form.
I hope they sue him so that
he is broke for the rest of his life.

edit on 10Fri, 17 Jul 2015 10:29:46 -0500am71707amk175 by grandmakdw because: format

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Nowadays:

1000 word pic.

Art:Bansky.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

Even if there are not laws
in that area requiring bystanders
to provide assistance,

the victims and their families
have a great lawsuit on their hands

to sue the photographers
for mental anguish for commenting
negatively on the victim(s)
and being intrusive on the site of the injury,
also for posting it publicly
where the film will exist for all time,
causing future mental pain and suffering
for the victim and family.

People need to start suing these monsters
who stand by, film, get close
to the pain and suffering and physical anguish,
and make comments that
disparage the victim in any way shape or form.
I hope they sue him so that
he is broke for the rest of his life.

I agree. Civil his ass. Let a jury decide what's right. That would be a fun one to sit on.

I stopped to help a handicapped guy who fell from his scooter and into a deep hole just the other day. His Kujo dog tried to bite my face off when I got close, and I didn't know his handicap or injuries.

It was way scary. Every scenario from seriously injuring him trying to move him, to seriously injuring myself, to being throat ripped by Kujo, to being sued for any any all of the above including killing Kujo, ran through my head.

I said F it, what am I gonna do, not help this guy? Not an option, I'll deal with it.

I don't expect everyone to feel the same, and once you start to help, you can't stop. If the person is conscious, you should always get their permission to help.

Luckily, he was fine, just in a hole and without use of his legs. He seemed pretty tired, don't know how long he was down there.

I sometimes wish I was the type to sit on the sidelines and film stuff. I've seen some stuff.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
He would have more to worry about than jail if it was my teen who died..what a disgusting Pos.
I hope the charges stick and he spends some time in a very uncomfortable place.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I certainly would have tried to help if I just saw a car crash. I have seen some pretty bad accidents, and in every case people that see the crash stop, get out of their cars and rush to help. I have. Maybe it's a southern thing. If I see that enough people stop to help, I just keep going and call 911.

This is exactly like the last episode of Seinfeld. And they all went to jail..

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: OptimisticCynic

originally posted by: intrptr
Let that be a lesson to y'all, don't film stuff you see, you might get arrested.

Get it?

Thanks for your Troll contribution today

Cops think everyone with a camera is a troll.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Everything for a good youtube shot or sell it to some news coverage. .. Sad and it will call karma over you not knowing where it came from.

If the arrest implied looking at horrible car accidents with grieving relatives I'm all for it..

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Pretty sad when apathy reaches the point where it's necessary to enact laws requiring bystanders to help people in need of assistance.

I can't imagine seeing something like this and NOT trying to help someone whose life is in danger...

edit on 17-7-2015 by Murgatroid because: Added link...

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw
You want to create a law that allows me victimise myself for money? And all I need is a friend and a camera, you say? Like real life 'Jackass'? Awesome.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Being that I have medical training I have a "Duty" to stop and render aid. Here in the States we have the Samaritan laws that are put in place to protect those who render aid and cause more harm by doing so. The average Joe citizen doesn't have a duty to act but if you touch the door handles on the car you're acting therefore you need to help, not film and attempt to benefit.

You arent Jake Gyllenhaal and Nightcrawler was just a movie.

Some people..

Good find HoundDog! Thanks

edit on 17-7-2015 by wastedown because: grammar nazi evasion

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: wastedown

I won't watch the vid, but would not be suprised to hear someone yelling "World Star" while jumping around laughing like an idiot! Our society is sick and obviously pharmaceuticals can't fix it. Maybe it is time for a culling...
just sayin

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
definitions.uslegal.com...

To constitute depraved indifference, the defendant's conduct must be 'so wanton, so deficient in a moral sense of concern, so lacking in regard for the life or lives of others, and so blameworthy as to warrant the same criminal liability as that which the law imposes upon a person who intentionally causes a crime. Depraved indifference focuses on the risk created by the defendant’s conduct, not the injuries actually resulting.

codes.ohio.gov...
2305.41 Duties to disabled persons definitions.

As used in sections 2305.41 to 2305.49 of the Revised Code:

(A) "Disabled condition" means the condition of being unconscious, semiconscious, incoherent, or otherwise incapacitated to communicate.

(B) "Disabled person" means a person in a disabled condition.

PLUS - Tresspassing.

edit on 17-7-2015 by fshrrex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

In my State, this would have been called "Depraved Indifference" and is an arrestable offence. This guy had a duty to help, or notify 'Responders' the second he stepped anywhere near that car. For example, if a kid was drowning in a pool and I walked over to the edge and watched him drown. The question would have been posed, ' Could you have rendered aid ? Would rendering Aid endangered yourself ? "

If the answers were, 'Yes ' & 'No' I would be charged with it.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I remember in driver's ed, we were taught that if you saw an accident, you had a duty to stop and render what aid you could while you waited for help to arrive. It was taught like it was the law.

This guy deserves something. How you could see two people in need just watch them die is beyond me.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DEANORULES24

The guy should have been arrested!
Kinda reminds me of the last seinfeld episode.

Under what charges? Must a person help in this situation and if so what law compels that person to do so?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
What a piece of waste.

I for one am sick of this cultural trend of pulling out your phone and filming whatever drama may be, instead of intervening, instead of being compassionate, whip out the phone and hope you got a viral video.

It'll only get worse.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join