It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man filmed a fatal car crash instead of helping. Then, Ohio police arrested him.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Not real sure what to think about this.

Others who were in the area tried to help get to the teens, but Pelton didn’t offer any assistance.

“He went right in after the crash, before the rescuers or police arrived,” Sivert said.

According to a police report cited by the Northeast Ohio Media Group, Pelton can be heard in the video referring to the boys trapped in the car as “idiots.”

“He opened a back door and leaned in to film the boys and then walked around to the front door as he continued recording,” the Media Group reported. “At no time did he try to help either of the boys, the report said.”

Pelton posted the video to Facebook, police allege, and later tried to sell it to multiple TV stations.

all above quotes come from This man filmed a fatal car crash instead of helping. Then, Ohio police arrested him.

additional sources.
Police: Man charged in connection with recording aftermath of car crash that killed teen
Lorain man arrested for entering car, filming fatal crash in city

you know if the guy would have stayed across the street and record it, i wouldn't have thought much of it. but to make the comments that he did while recording and poking around in the car, then trying to sell it, (and not for one minute do i believe that he was trying to get a donation for a charty as he said in one article, well maybe his favorite himself.) without offering help is just kinda sad. arresting him maybe over the top, or could it be karma. hard to say. at best i think it was a pretty sad what he did, and being arrested, if it helps shame him i think way to go.

you know that it is a law to render assistance on the water that can reasonably be done.

+23 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I may get flamed for my thoughts on this but I don't particularly care.

I'm glad he was charged with something and I hope it sticks. Absolutely disgusting behavior, and then to sit there and pretend that he went into the car to offer help but didn't because....reasons?

The names he deserves to be called aren't allowed on ATS so I won't even bother trying.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

you know like i said, filming across the street wouldn't have bothered me one bit.
opening the car and filming, then trying to sell it, well that is just a sorry POS.

no concerns for others than himself.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

The guy should have been arrested!
Kinda reminds me of the last seinfeld episode.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Exactly. It's one thing to be removed from the situation and filming. That's commonplace, for better or worse.

He inserted himself literally right in the middle of the situation to get better video of it. D-bag.

I know that "photography is not a crime." Neither is being an s-bag of a human being. Doesn't always make either one in the right, though.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

The mentality of some cell phone users is trying to record an event they can post on YouTube and hope it goes viral. They're oblivious to the world around them. How many times have we seen people walking across a street reading or texting on their cell phones! How many kids video someone getting the crap beat out of them, but don't try to break it up? This guy cared more about getting his video rather than helping someone in need.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Although i find it disgusting, and certainly wouldnt do it myself. I find it just as disgusting that L/E pulled a charge out of their ass to make a criminal out of the guy for something the media and the paparazzi do all the time.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Let that be a lesson to y'all, don't film stuff you see, you might get arrested.

Get it?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
sounds exactly like the movie "Nightcrawler" where the guy films (and even stages/sets up) crime scenes and bloody accidents without helping - all so he can sell the footage to news companies

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
I may get flamed for my thoughts on this but I don't particularly care.

I'm glad he was charged with something and I hope it sticks. Absolutely disgusting behavior, and then to sit there and pretend that he went into the car to offer help but didn't because....reasons?

The names he deserves to be called aren't allowed on ATS so I won't even bother trying.

Quoted for agreement. I also hope hes charged and that it sticks and let that be a warning to any other pieces of sh*t like him.

His parents must be so proud.
edit on 17-7-2015 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Let that be a lesson to y'all, don't film stuff you see, you might get arrested.

Get it?

if thats the only lesson your learned from this then i suggest you get off ATS for a while.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

I believe that unless one happens to be a professional journalist, and there are already first responders on scene, that the only reason one should approach an incident site like this at all, is to render immediate aid, ascertain the disposition and situation of casualties, do a car by car head count, so that you can direct any emergency services to the site where the most seriously injured, and critically urgent casualties are.

In serious circumstances, like a broken petrol line and running engine coming into conjunction to represent a fire hazard, it may even be appropriate to get a casualty out of a vehicle, despite the fact that doing so is risky, owing to the probability of neck injuries from impact, being made worse by moving the casualty. In that instance however, its die one way, or maybe die another, so moving the casualty might be justifiable.

But just charging over and then walking around, coldly filming screaming kids, and moaning victims without offering or rendering aid... I am glad the individual got arrested. Ghoul is the word that comes to mind.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

Get it?

if thats the only lesson your learned from this then i suggest you get off ATS for a while.

Thank you, officer. "Stop filming and go home, theres nothing to see here."

Trying not to stereotype…

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Just to point out the obvious..we are all taught to leave it to the professionals, most fully aware that by trying to help you could do more damage (fractured neck). It may not have even occurred to him to help cos it would go against what he knows /taught.

But I would say he doesn't seem like this type. He seems to be doing it for gain (donations) and his condemning of them as idiots shows lack of empathy (although they were idiots).

I like to think I would dive in and try to rescue them just incase of an impending explosion, but I could also have that overriding thought that I could permanently damage them if I do so. You don't know until your in the situation.

I don't believe it was to teach others about road safety as this would never be your initial thought process. He should be arrested as I disagree with his conduct. Although in this day and age if he helped the guy and caused damage he would get done for manslaughter regardless of his intentions.

Some food for thought.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

Get it?

Thank you, officer. "Stop filming and go home, theres nothing to see here."

Trying not to stereotype…

Did anyone say not to film stuff? No.
Did anyone suggest that maybe you should try to help people rather than film them dying? Yes

Get off your conspiracy high horse, come back down to earth and stop reading more into this than there is. Sheesh

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Did anyone say not to film stuff? No.
Did anyone suggest that maybe you should try to help people rather than film them dying? Yes

Did "police show up and arrest man for filming"?

Cop walks up , grabs camera, "you're under arrest."

"Whats the charge?"

"Not helping".

Mmm hmm, you see whatever you want to behind that.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Here's a proper word for him. "GHOUL"

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

More reason for me to have lost faith in humanity

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I know what exactly what to think of this.

There needs to be a new law,
and I am normally small government

If someone films another being injured
be it an accident, a beating, a shooting, whatever;
and the person filming does not call for help first,
or render assistance if no police/firemen/EMT
are on the scene;....then
any and all profits from the film
must by law go to the victim.

That way people can stand by with glee if they want
and film if they want,
but if they don't call for assistance
or render assistance if professionals are not present;
then they may not profit from it, by law.

People today whip out their phones and start recording
when people are injured or in pain;
when someone starts to beat or injure another person,
rather than trying to stop the hurt, or call for help,
and they record and comment in the background.

We are living in a sick sick world

which is encouraged by the media
because the people doing the recording
get their 15 min of fame
or actual money for behaving like
an animal and just recording,
rather then like an human being trying to stop the violence.

There have been bystanders for eternity.

However, filming the violence for "fun" or "profit"
is taking the inhumanity of by-standing to a new low.

I think that the ease and profit in filming has actually
encouraged more people to be bystanders and
more people to "enjoy" watching violence by proxy.
A symptom of a society in decay, in my opinion.

Finally, someone being punished
for standing by while others suffer
making comments to "enhance" the monetary value
of the recording.
Instead of calling for help or trying to assist
the injured

I hope the victims or if they die,
the family sues him
and win hundreds of thousands
of dollars
and the amount of what
the family wins in a lawsuit
goes viral.

For the emotional pain and suffering
and the humiliation that the
person will have to endure
forever (these films never go away)
because the person filmed simply
for profit and never called for
help or tried in any way to
assist.

edit on 9Fri, 17 Jul 2015 09:56:36 -0500am71707amk175 by grandmakdw because: addition format

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join