It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MoD 'covered up pictures that PROVE UFOs exist'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Curious to know exactly how one can produce detailed line drawings of the sighting, when the negatives were not available and no prints were taken with which to produce the line drawings from...i wonder if all MoD artists have telepathic abilities or just the one in this case?
edit on 18-7-2015 by MysterX because: typo

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Curious to know exactly how one can produce detailed line drawings of the sighting,when the negatives were not available and no prints were taken with which to produce the line drawings from

Prints were allegedly taken from the negatives , the story is the Daily Record sent the negatives and pictures to the MoD and Pope says he had a blow up of the best picture on his wall in the office.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

He claimed there would be mass UFO sightings during the 2012 Olympics.

He actually said no such thing.

Speaking earlier this month, he said: 'It has been a widely held belief in Ministry of Defence circles that "aliens" have been able to detect us for decades via TV and radio broadcasts.

'What once seemed like science fiction is steadily being realised by central governing bodies as distinctly real.
'If aliens have studied our psychology, they may choose to appear in our skies on a significant date.
'The closing ceremony of the Olympic Games is one date being widely circulated by conspiracy groups
www.dailymail.co.uk..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">www.dailymail.co.uk...

He is usually referred to (and refers to himself as) a "senior MoD official"

I've not seen him refer to himself as a "senior MoD official" perhaps you could provide a link to that.

After a quick search, it seems that I was wrong, and you are correct on both counts.

I know for a fact, though, that several television programs have referred to him as a senior official at the MoD (I can dig up links later, if need be), and as the memo I posted earlier says, he seems to have willingly accepted the title.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Thanks for the clarification.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Gortex,

Thanks for the link to another interesting bit of information.

Yes, its a reproduction of a real photograph that is no longer in existence, so people will jump all over it and cry "fake! hoax bin! faaaaaake!" It's certainly not conclusive evidence, but its not being presented as such. My understanding is Nick Pope is sharing how a photo he personally had in his possession during his days in the MoD went missing, and that it was to his knowledge a genuine unidentified flying object or UAP, whichever. Do I have that right?

If that's the case, its still "he said she said" and if you don't believe Nick Pope, then that's that. I do find it interesting, however, and feel that it ties into the idea of a cover up. Then again, it could have been lost through incompetence, or it could be an IAP that was classified and involved in secret testing that Mr. Pope was not privy to, or it could be something else altogether. We will never know, I'm guessing.

I bet the guys who turned over the negatives were extremely frustrated by how it all went! I know I would be!

peace,
AB

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
It's an interesting story, that's it. Too many unknowns for my liking & the fact that Nick Pope is involved tells me something is not quiet right with this one.
How did the MOD get the negatives in the first place? I guess they must have been just handed over.
I don't doubt someone saw something, but the whole thing has too many unknowns for me.

I don't believe anything Nick Pope says. If I see him on TV or something, I just sigh and wait for him to stop feeding me more lies.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

My understanding is Nick Pope is sharing how a photo he personally had in his possession during his days in the MoD went missing, and that it was to his knowledge a genuine unidentified flying object or UAP, whichever. Do I have that right?

Hi AB
Correct.
The thing with this case is if the pictures contained something sensitive like a secret test or aliens and the MoD were made aware of it they could slap what is known as a D-notice on it , basically close the story down , the removal of the picture from Pope's office may be an indication of that.

The pictures exist , or exited as questions about them have been asked in the House of Commons and the MoD have commented on them but now all we have is the recreation and the line drawing.
The mystery continues.

edit on 18-7-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

And ultimately, whether the photograph actually showed something unusual or a F-117, it's all meaningless. There's no evidence; it's been destroyed. The witnesses can't be contacted. In the end, it's all rubbish. Just another media event to fill Mr. Pope's pockets and expand his popularity in UFOlogy.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Kojiro

To you it's meaningless to me it's an interesting mystery , different strokes....

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

It's entertaining to see these endless discussions, and they always go nowhere.
We need to face facts people, if it can be faked then it's not going to be believed.

A couple of decades ago (before digital photography and freely available editing software able to create almost any image you can imagine) people still didn't trust an image. Faking has been around almost as long as photography has.

Unless something becomes a common, everyday occurrence, scientifically verified by multiple sources, it's not going to become reality.

We can have these debates all we like, but there is no photo and no video out there which will ever offer "proof" of anything.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

A mystery that has no witnesses and no evidence isn't much of a mystery at all. It's pretty much crying over spilled milk.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   

The mystery has evidence it's just you don' see it , the evidence is there to show the images and negatives existed and were in the possession of the MoD , something was photographed and either for fair or foul reasons the images disappeared.

I'm making no claims as to what was photographed but it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that the hikers saw something they weren't supposed to see and the MoD slapped a D-Notice on the case.

Perhaps not all of the milk was spilled.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

The mystery has evidence it's just you don' see it , the evidence is there to show the images and negatives existed and were in the possession of the MoD , something was photographed and either for fair or foul reasons the images disappeared.

I'm making no claims as to what was photographed but it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that the hikers saw something they weren't supposed to see and the MoD slapped a D-Notice on the case.

You mean like an F-117 which the purportedly recreated object looks like? Oh yes, very impressive. Even if it's proven beyond reasonable doubt that the Ministry had these negatives and destroyed them, the obvious conclusion is easy to ascertain considering that the F-117 was the go-to aircraft for classified missions.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
What kind of UFO is this?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: yuno44907

The missing photograph kind.

(post by okantonio removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
For anyone interested here is the Channel 5 (UK) Documentary featuring Nick Pope's story.

It is actually the least interesting of the cases discussed.

There is an interview with Rendlesham witness Jim Penniston. Although in the reconstruction it seems strange to depict the US troops carrying their M16s with them off base.

Plus a run down of the very strange Bob Taylor UFO 'assault' from Dechmont Woods in 1979.

Not sure how long this will last on YT so if you want to see it then view it soon.

edit on 21/7/15 by mirageman because: ETA

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Hmmm... I wonder if Nick Pope was ever interviewed on camera or had his photo taken in his office while the alleged photo was still on the wall.

Either way, though, a photo of something flying around isn't anything but that. Doesn't say where the thing came from or who is driving it or what's it's doing there. Test of a black project aircraft? Sure, why not?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
It's curious to see how some of the older UFO pics appear to me at least, an older model UFO. Incidently, this photo seems very fitting of a newer model UFO yet not quite as modern as those infamous triangles. Funny that. Seems as though them there aliens go through a similar R&D timeline as we simple terrestrials on this here rock. As above, so below......right? Nudge, nudge. Right?

Thanks for sharing.

I actually witnessed one of the black triangles flying low and silent over Tucson AZ at 6:00 in the PM (plenty of daylight) in April, 1998. It took up 45 degrees of the sky *it was gigantic*. Everyone stopped on Houghton Road; got out of their cars for a look see. It was reported in Phoenix as a 'black triangle flys over Phoenix area'; but not in the local news here. It flew right over Davis Montham Air Force base (a TAC A10 base). Very odd. The person I was with in the car (WITH ME) had no memory of this; stopping the vehicle and getting out (along with many others). Were their memories erased? No smart phones at the time unfortunately.
edit on 21-7-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join