It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

did texas cops hang sandra bland in her cell?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: masqua

You would think that someone entrenched into the #blacklivesmatter movement would have easily gotten bail money...or are most of the #blacklivesmatter people jobless which is why they have so much time to berate everyone from random people to presidential candidates?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
"She should have been more courteous".

"She should have just done what she was asked."

This, my friends, is what is known as "boot licking". If you ever questioned the meaning of the term....that is its very definition.

Whats even worse...the boot licking is taking the form of "blame of the victim".

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

she was going to be bailed. she was "found" hanging just a few hours from getting out of jail. that is one of the things that is so suspicious about this whole thing!

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: masqua

yes, she had made calls. her sister was on the way to bail her out the very same day she was found hanging. that is one of the many things that stinks about this case. she knew she would be out in a couple of hours and she suicides? not very likely.

and do not forget. the local sheriff was fired from his previous job for racist behaviors and actions!

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

and you believe them? and lets say that is true? they take anything from her that just might allow her to commit suicide of hers, but leave a large plastic bag?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

This, my friends, is what is known as "boot licking". If you ever questioned the meaning of the term....that is its very definition.

Whats even worse...the boot licking is taking the form of "blame of the victim".

i would say there is a time and a place for things. arguing with a police officer during a traffic stop is only going to end bad for the civilian. it is better for you if you are cool, because you can have your say in court with an attorney present and not get handcuffed, knocked down, and arrested.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: blackthorne

If you go find the video that is making the rounds today (on Breitbart) you will hear Sandra say to the officer (sarcastically) "stop resisting masta" as she demonstrates her self-imposed racial anger. She is the racist. She is confrontational. The traffic officer is nothing but polite and inquisitive and he senses Sandra Bland's confrontational attitude so he continues to investigate. She repeatedly talks impolitely and you can hear how she switches back and forth between an angry voice and a whimpering voice while she claims that the officer is hurting her wrist. As soon as she thinks she has achieved a small step with the whimper she immediately switches back to insulting the officer. She is not being mistreated. She is not being hurt. In fact, she is picking a fight with an officer of the law.

What happened in the cell? I don't know. Nor do you. My personal opinion based on age and experience is that Sandra Bland was an emotionally disturbed person who took her own life.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

i would say there is a time and a place for things. arguing with a police officer during a traffic stop is only going to end bad for the civilian. it is better for you if you are cool, because you can have your say in court with an attorney present and not get handcuffed, knocked down, and arrested.

I agree with you from the perspective of common sense.

BUT...i have to support people who are doing what is within their rights, even when its stupid to do so. Because that is what makes it all tick. That whole "and when they came for me, there was no one left to speak for me" kind of deal.

So, while i wouldn't like argue with an officer....someone who suffers an ill fate for doing so demands that I protest on their behalf. Lest the next time it be me.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

good points.

i'd still take my chances in court over taking my chances with a police officer in a traffic stop.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

good points.

i'd still take my chances in court over taking my chances with a police officer in a traffic stop.

Me too. But know this: when you change your mind on that, Ill be there to protest the way you are treated. Brother.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

thanks man,

let's hope that sanity comes back and none of us ever have to confront a law enforcement officer in a heated discussion.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

And if her family doesn't see suicide as likely,

just my observations - but families dont often admit that thier relatives were suicidal

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Obviously it would have gone better for Ms. Bland ...but is it better for society as a whole to allow this kind of LEO behavior. In the end, servile civilians get stomped on by the boots they lick.

I think it's important to remember that trading civil liberties for safety and security is not the answer. Sure... she could have been passive and submissive... but is she required by law to not be irritated? or not express her irritation? NO! Does she have the right to question the officer about why she is being detained? Yes! Does she have the right to expect civil treatment from an LEO regardless of how she speaks to him? Yes!

More importantly... do we as citizens have the right to expect LEOs to remain calm and follow procedure during all activities performed while on duty? Yes... of course we do. If the LEO isn't capable of maintaining his/her composure while dealing with an irritated citizen then he/she should be relieved of duty.

It goes without saying that things would have gone better for her if she had been passive.... but where does it end? How passive should we be before finally saying enough is enough!

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Generation9

uh, no. almost all people in law enforcement who have seen this have all agreed that the cop was the one who is at fault. he was the one who escalated the situation by egging her on and ordering her to do things that are not part of proper procedures.

plus, it has now been shown that the department had edited the dash cam video. there is in fact in one spot one can see the same car twice taking the same turn! and there is a tow truck driver that gets out of his vehicle repeatedly! if they did this, what else can they have done?

as to the cell? she was getting out in a couple of hours. her sister was on her way. why would she then suicide?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Just wanted to throw a thought out there:
What if Ms Bland really did have her head slammed to the ground as heard in the video. Then while she is in her cell, she gets a brain clot or something related to the head-slamming concussion type blow?

Maybe the suicide is an attempted cover up for a murder by police. It would be far less costly for the lawsuit to be just about a cop acting poorly than cop who killed her and very convenient that she couldn't handle the events leading up to her incarceration and so she took her life.

What say you ATS?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Blarneystoner

for something as small as a lane change ticket you are much more likely to be successful pleading your case in court.

if someone kicks in your front door you are in your rights to defend yourself and your family. then yeah i see escalating your defense.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
i guess a question we should be asking ourselves is, should police be asked to provide a customer service experience. If we are a people being policed voluntarily, and voluntarily paying the taxes that fund the officers....it seems to me that we are the customer, and they are the service provider.

Now...i get how that would be kind of funky when put into play. But the bottom line is: an officer should not be allowed to give you a "lawful order" without cause. He can make polite requests all day long...but a lawful order should only pertain to life/death, or the continuity of law/evidence.

Community Involvement

There is something to be said for working side by side with your community. Whether it be you having a team in the Relay for Life event, or you sweating your ass off while serving ice water to the firemen in the community...the PD's in America need to approach the concept of "community involvement" seriously.

I know it may seem odd to ask officers to do charity work in the inner cities they are patrolling. But only if you aren't viewing it as a customer service scenario. You absolutely would want to be with your customers. But you wouldn't care to help animals that you are shepherding. I think therein lies a key difference in mindset.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

good point.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

a reply to: Blarneystoner

for something as small as a lane change ticket you are much more likely to be successful pleading your case in court.

if someone kicks in your front door you are in your rights to defend yourself and your family. then yeah i see escalating your defense.

I'm just not a big fan of the ... "grin and bear it" strategy.... while at the same time I understand that it's a practical strategy. I've always tried to be respectful of LEOs whenever I've been pulled over. However, I do remember once when I was pulled over that when the officer reached my window I was cussing up a storm. The officer took it in stride and followed procedure as he was supposed to do. Had he decided to become offended and exacerbate my irritation, the traffic stop may have gone differently.

My point is that we as citizens have the right to expect our LEOs to rise above that kind behavior. And I don't think anyone is served by saying that it would have gone better for Ms. Bland if she had been submissive.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

You know what makes me really angry?
That she was described as "combative", but that they couldn't say how she was "combative".

This perfectly shows the attitude of policing in America, and how the police expect you all to bow down and kiss their feet, and if you dare to even question their authority they believe they have the right to beat you into submission.

when the cop pulled her out of the car he took her out of view,I believe purposely,because she stated she was going to sue him.He purposely took Sandra out of view for the very reason nothing he did would be on video,whatever he did to her he knew it was her word against his.
there was nothing she said that deserved that situation to rise to the level that it did he could have handled it differently...the leo took it personally way too personal.
I was told during a traffic stop to put my cigarette out,I just put it out without thinking that he really had no right to tell me to do so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join