It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

did texas cops hang sandra bland in her cell?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: blackthorne

The MSM got what they wanted from over reporting cases that didn't deserve the coverage already?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
As a minor hoodlum we were taught on the street NEVER GET RUDE TO COPS.

Have you people ever heard of a cop messing with a gangster?

NO!

Gangsters know to be courteous

I keep telling these young people if a cop stops you JUST DO WHAT HE OR SHE SAYS!

I was rousted 10’s of times back in the day AND NEVER did I wolf at a cop

And NEVER had a problem and I was doing wrong!

Cops are human so if you’re human to them you’ll get by

That’s the goal when a cop stops you

Forget your ego and live and don’t get put in jail like this poor unfortunate but ignorant woman!

btw why didn't she get bailed out?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
btw why didn't she get bailed out?

Because she was deceased in her jail cell?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: masqua

before that?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
This has made the news in Australia. That does not happen too often with cases such as this.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I guess you mean over the weekend, right?

She was arrested on Friday and dead by Monday, plus she was travelling from Chicago to Texas where she got busted for failing to signal a lane change.

What I still don't know is if she was able to call her parents after the arrest and before her death.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This stuff is amazing...fired for being a racist police chief so he ends up elected county sheriff. Sadly, this isn't all that odd.

Waller County's sheriff had been suspended, accused of being a racist, as a police chief eight years ago, fueling more speculation about what happened to Bland. In 2007, Glenn Smith was suspended for two weeks without pay by the Hempstead City Council for complaints of racism against him and four other white officers.

Smith was later fired as police chief the next year. He became the nominee for Waller County sheriff the following year. At a news conference on Thursday, Smith said he was not a racist.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I doubt they murdered the woman but it’s possible therefore they should do all the investigations possible.

But I repeat that people NEED TO STOP FIGHTING COPS!

There are lives at stake on this issue.

DON’T TRY TO BE A TOUGH GUY OR GAL WITH A LEGAL KILLER

And that is what a cop is

If this poor lady just got out of the car like she was asked, answered the questions she would have got a warning and went on her way and this thread wouldn’t be

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Bland admitted previous suicide attempt.

Bland disclosed on a form at the jail that she previously had attempted suicide over that past year, although she also indicated she was not feeling suicidal at the time of her arrest, according to officials who attended the Tuesday meeting with local and state leaders investigating the case.

Rep. Sylvester Turner, D-Houston, told the Chronicle that officials at the meeting said Bland's suicide attempt was related to losing a baby. But Turner said Bland's mental health history still remains "a little bit fuzzy."

Turner said Bland's disclosure about her suicide attempt to jail authorities should have led to increased supervision by jail staff. And it illustrates "the need to make sure we provide the care and the interventions for people who are having behavioral and mental health issues when people are coming into our county jail system."

Link

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Why do Jail cells have anything that you could hang yourself on in the first place? That is the real question.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

However, at 7:17 a.m. CT July 13, the video shows an officer stopped by her cell for several seconds. Bland told him she was fine, investigators said.

Less than an hour later, a female officer checked in. In the video the deputy is seen bending down, standing up and then running for help.

"The jailer looked through the window and observed Miss Bland hanging from her privacy partition in her cell," said Capt. Brian Cantrell of the Waller County Sheriff's Office. "I'd also like to reiterate that she was found in a semi-standing position with ligatures (bindings) surrounding her neck.

"Ms. Bland was then placed on the floor for jailers to perform CPR," he said.

Five minutes later, paramedics went in but Bland was already dead. The Harris County medical examiner later ruled her death a suicide, hanging via the black plastic bag used to create privacy for cellmates.

Link

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
BINGO!!! a reply to: RoScoLaz4

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Wtf?

".,.black plastic bag used to create privacy for cellmates."

I reiterate.

WTF!?!

That does not compute.

What if one develops beef with their cellmate and wants to use a little 'privacy' to fix that while they sleep?

This smells.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
Why do Jail cells have anything that you could hang yourself on in the first place? That is the real question.

Good question...what is also of concern is she told them she had had a suicide attempt within the last and not only did she have the tools to her own demise (supposedly) she was not put on suicide watch.....this whole story is one big pile of stinking manure

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Booking papers show that she was not acting suicidal nor thought of as a suicide risk at the time of her incarceration. While this does not prove that she didn't hang herself, it also raises the question of whether or not somebody else could have murdered her in her cell.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: masqua
a reply to: Willtell

I guess you mean over the weekend, right?

She was arrested on Friday and dead by Monday, plus she was travelling from Chicago to Texas where she got busted for failing to signal a lane change.

What I still don't know is if she was able to call her parents after the arrest and before her death.

She called someone......

VOICEMAIL LEFT FROM JAIL SURFACES

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: blackthorne

it's no secret that there are some bad law enforcement officers out there. the worst thing anyone can do is try to argue with the police at the scene. the time to speak is in court with an attorney representing you.

stay calm
be polite
don't answer any questions without an attorney who represents you is present.

simple steps really.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Every cell I have ever been in has a camera but I guess that would not be proper for a womans cell. Oh well I say she killed herself because nobody would come bail her out and was depressed anyway. New drugs make you like that.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
People keep saying she should have been more courteous... but she is not legally required to be. The police however, are required to legally justify their behavior. According to local Houston attorney Gerald Treece, ".... under the Fourth Amendment, the citizen doesn't have to say anything, It's the government that has to explain its conduct is reasonable under the Fourth Amendment."

She shouldn't have been arrested in the first place, there is no legal justification.

DPS said its trooper did not adequately explain consequences to Bland and also broke policy. However, Treece did not see grounds for her arrest on video.

KHOU Houston

LEOs should be held to a higher standard of conduct and trained to de-escalate rather than exacerbate an irritated citizen.

She didn't commit suicide.... There is no way a plastic garbage bag would be in the cell with her. This poor woman was murdered for failing to signal.
edit on 23-7-2015 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
She should never have been arrested in the first place.... whole thing is utter BS.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join