It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian group is ‘rebuilding’ a full-scale, working Noah’s Ark

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Those of us who cant afford an Ark can simply go to high ground and dig a J_shaped underground shelter from basic materials,23" verticle shaft 8' horizontal shaft 5' ceilings making sure the floor of the safe area is higher than the roof of the tunnel leading to it by 3 feet minimum which will create a water-safe air-lock for you and your family to ride out the storm in under the temporary deluge,you need about 7-8+ of overburden overhead of your safe box .Someone is going to have to tend to all those animals when the show is over right?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: berenike
If that's the case might this group be better advised to not build a wooden ark?

Is God likely to provide information on what sort of craft would survive the Fire? - because it would make far more sense to build that.

The thing is is that they were probably advised by angels to build an ark to allow angels to record all the hatred and scoffing that is now being directed at these Christians.

Everyone scoffing then will be judged accordingly. The scoffers are so ignorant they walked right into the trap and couldn't see it coming a mile off.

The real fires and spiritual fires are burning across the planet right now. The only way to protect your family is to pray to Jesus Christ. Example: Real fire in Canada right now and spiritual fire (anger) in Greece.

If the rumoured 'kill shot' solar flare does hit this planet, its pretty much game over for billions of people.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tristran
The thing is is that they were probably advised by angels to build an ark to allow angels to record all the hatred and scoffing that is now being directed at these Christians.

Everyone scoffing then will be judged accordingly. The scoffers are so ignorant they walked right into the trap and couldn't see it coming a mile off.

The real fires and spiritual fires are burning across the planet right now. The only way to protect your family is to pray to Jesus Christ. Example: Real fire in Canada right now and spiritual fire (anger) in Greece.

If the rumoured 'kill shot' solar flare does hit this planet, its pretty much game over for billions of people.

You call people ignorant yet every reference you make is one of myth, fairytale, superstition or fantasy. Angels, Arks, spiritual fires, etc. None of those things have any existence outside your mythology. No evidence of any of them being real at all can be shown. Yet, everyone else is ignorant but you, right???

Such a position defies all reason.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Anyone who thinks the flood happened and the ark happened needs to look up the word metaphor.
Oh and can we have more crying of percicution please?.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Tristran

Just adding more opinion to your religion eh?.
Just because you think it is true doesn't mean it is.
Add in a few unicorns to your story because it needs something better in it.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent
If Christians saved everyone and everything with the last ark how did we end up with so many different religions and evil after the cleansing?

edit on 07731America/ChicagoFri, 17 Jul 2015 01:07:26 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Don't make me talk about the elephant poop over 30 days.

LOOOOOOOL...I never even thought about that problem
Well I suppose Moses and his family...could have shoveled elephant poop overboard. But that's just elephants...how about hippos,rhinos,giraffes.

Maybe all of the animals were holding it in...for promise of "great relief" once the flood passes

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   

If that's the case might this group be better advised to not build a wooden ark?

Is God likely to provide information on what sort of craft would survive the Fire? - because it would make far more sense to build that.

Is this 'kill shot' solar flare primed only to hit the scoffers?

I'm not pretending to know better than the Angels, but I think it would be kinder to arrange for fire-proof protective Arks to be built rather than luring people into scoffing at the impractical Biblical Ark that is being replicated.

I'd like to think something will be done to save the animals.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Old news. I can't believe anybody is dumb enough to donate to a cause like this. What a complete waste of money. I'd bet the farm that thing would never survive in the open seas. First, how would you even feed the animals and clean up after them with a crew of 8? It's physically impossible and that's just the beginning of how illogical that concept is. The story was obviously a metaphor.
edit on 17-7-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: admirethedistance
I can't wait to see what their excuse is going to be when they realize they can only fit a fraction of a percent of all the species on Earth on this thing (assuming it even gets built).

Typical, that they would waste 20 million on this joke, rather than using it for Christian things, like, oh, I dunno, feeding and sheltering the homeless.

THIS x1000. Sad that these fundamentalists would rather try to prove their religion and push it as fact on everyone, rather than do good deeds as Jesus taught. This is just sad. Anybody donating to this should be ashamed. Christianity wouldn't be dying if they raised 30 million to help folks in need rather than justify their faith, but I really doubt that they'd get the same amount of funding for that. Sad but true.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Lets hope this time they dont put two male lions on it .

speaking of that...why would god have to kill off every animal but 2 of them....did the rest commit some graven sin?...couldn't god, "the all powerful", figure out a way to kill off the humans only?, I don't know why he would have such a lack of creative alternatives..."pun" intended....and did every baby and small child have to be put to death, were they also filled with evil sin?.....sounds like he has a lack of empathy for human or beast.
edit on 17-7-2015 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-7-2015 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
What?? I am in agreement with others that 20 million would be better off feeding the hungry and housing the homeless.

But be careful to pass judgement. I see people all over driving $60k and living in $400k houses while there are hungry and homeless in their very own city.

Most folks do NOT drive $60k automobiles, and seriously, comparing 300-400k for house with $30 million for an amusement park ride type thing that doesn't even remotely benefit society is irrational. Plus you are assuming that these people do absolutely nothing to donate to charity or help the needy. Most folks I know donate when they can afford to and they don't drive 60k cars or own an expensive house. It's about having the means to make a difference. $30 million verses a couple thousand a year at most? It doesn't even compare.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

Old news. I can't believe anybody is dumb enough to donate to a cause like this. What a complete waste of money. I'd bet the farm that thing would never survive in the open seas.

Not to mention the amount of people who donated money toward this. I guarantee they will all NOT fit in that thing.

There's gonna be some unhappy donors when TSHTF and this thing sails.. If it ever does.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

It's comical how people that do not blindly believe in the story of Noah, despite the mountains of contradictory scientific evidence are always called hateful. It's like all critical thinking and logic is supposed to go out the window in favor of fairy tales, otherwise you hate all Christians. People are just using their logic and knowledge of science to understand that something of that magnitude is virtually impossible. People have been scoffing at fundamentalist Christians for years, you don't need an ark to prove that. The reason this happens is because they constantly attack science in favor of myths, not because folks hate their religion or hate god or whatever other silly reason you can invent. If they didn't create this modern day crusade against science, nobody would scoff at them.

Besides, surely god and the angels are all laughing at these people already, because they follow a storybook more closely than god himself. They promote literal versions of genesis while ignoring the teachings of Jesus in regards to judgement and empathy and attack science blindly and ignorantly.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Who, exactly, is this hurting?

Some group of people want to build an Ark? Happy trails, guys/gals, have fun.

As for the crane? Don't think Noah might possibly have had some labor saving devices on hand?

Live and let live. It's their money to waste. I will laugh my ass off if it starts raining the day its finished.

The amount of WTF's that'll go around will be fun.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

There are better causes to raise $30 million for. Who does it hurt? The folks that the money could have potentially helped instead of wasting it on an amusement park attraction. That is what most churches do with the money they raise, but these evangelical fundies care more about converting non believers and denying science than actually promoting the positives of their faith.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

The taxpayers of Kentucky may be hurt by this for one.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: seagull

The taxpayers of Kentucky may be hurt by this for one.

nice "get" on this "K".....promoting their faith at taxpayers expense....but that's par for the course.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I wish people would at least stop talking about this thing sailing. It wouldn't nor would it ever have been intended to sail. It was intended to float.... nothing more, nothing less.

I love how everyone is so quick to label it as a myth... Yeah it's a myth that is corroborated by practically every culture on every corner of the earth in one form or another. It more than likely has some basis in reality... How much is anybody's guess.

Jaden

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Really, cause science has ALWAYS been right about what's possible...lol...

Jaden

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join