It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious question, funny or sadistic (you can say both)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I'm kind of disturbed watching this video, then seeing the comments below. Yes, I know most people commenting on youtube are idiots, but this seems over the top apathetic, else I'm seriously lacking some body language skills deciphering what's really going on in each person's mind.

Check this out:

I don't see someone who is purely playing actor, or playing miserable, sarcastic, etc... yes, he's obviously projecting humor to be a sport and for his public image, but damned if underneath that he doesn't genuinely look at Jimmy like and think some things in this clip along the lines of -- you're a tool, are you really going to go there, do you not see my real expressions underneath this face, are you really so apathetic, and so forth --

I admit to having issues SOMETIMES with some humor. I seem to have circuits that activate and close down depending on what was done through the day, just prior, stress levels, and so forth. Still, I've watched this clip 3 times and the same goes through my mind. A playing of humor in vibing off an audience who is instructed to laugh on cue, while really thinking Jimmy is a fool.

Who the hell asks a 77 year old man to suck helium? The guy is pushing alzheimer's age degeration any year now, and you wanna give him helium? That would hurt to see that in person. Am I over reacting here?

I see comedy, but I see more tragedy at the same time. It just looks like a train wreck, with ninja cover moves to make it all okay.
edit on 15-7-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

I think youre over reacting a little. Take it for what it is- comedy and harmless fun.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JarheadFidelis

Okay so that I'm clear, Morgan Freeman seems to be having fun to you. That's what you see?

Just making sure my mind is a little jacked up, and that's all there is to it.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
You're definitely reading too much into it.

Freeman was playing the "straight man" to Fallon's buffoon.

Morgan even gave a chuckle at the very end of it.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Yea well, a diagnosis of PDD-NOS early on, I just thought the shrink had to slap something on me just cause. Parents always said Asperger's, but I thought they were looking for a lame excuse. Definitely got some issues reading people. I guess the compensation is to over-read at times.

So be it. Thanks guys.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Morgan Freeman is definitely in on it IMO and having a good time.

No guest ever appears on any nightly show that aren't aware of what they will be doing before hand. He had to ok this before he even went on stage. Freeman is great at playing the straight faced/laced guy. He just starred in Ted 2 for goodness sake. If one was to be embarrassed... But seriously... I just saw an interview he did (for Ted 2) where he said he takes any role for money. Funny, tragic, sad, serious, etc. he said he will do them all for the money.

I think he's a good guy and I think he was honestly having fun with it and playing his part.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

It's a bit uncomfortable, but it's just supposed to be funny.
I've never hung out with morgan freeman so I don't know his body language and how his eyes look when he's "acting" or when he's feeling hurt.

Seemed he was just playing along, but didn't exactly want to do it.

No deep hurt or anything like that.

I think it's undignified to make someone known for their voice to change it like that. Similar to how comedians don't want to do their act in an interview. It's slightly disrespectful.

I never liked Jimmy Fallon.
I didn't think it was funny. It was bla bla bla...

But I can definitely see other people thinking it was hilarious. It's not offensive or anything.

Morgan was Acting anyway....

So Neither...

edit on 15-7-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Yeah, you are reading too much into it.
What really ticks me off though is EVERYONE on this planet practically knows what a voice sounds like on helium. There are millions of videos of it. Can we all just get over this physics of what happens already and start seriously making a dent in the millions of wasted liters of helium???
It is in serious short supply, and if we ever want to try and give a slight damn about the future, it should be stock-piled for future MRI machines and important research tools.

Fill your balloons with your own lungs, and play 'keeping off the ground' or sit on them and pop them, stop filling them with helium which once in the atmosphere is practically lost forever.
*end rant*

edit on 15-7-2015 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Well that's for sure. I must be projecting my own thoughts into his mind. I think Jimmy is very cheap and the fact that he's on the late show seems to indicate how low the bar is for comedians. No depth or anything in his humor.

Seems to complicate my issue, in that I can't tell sometimes if it's just #ty humor, or I'm not getting it and it's actually supposedly hillarious. I get a great deal of humor, but sometimes the energies are being utilized elsewhere.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Jimmy is not funny to me. Never was.

We agree on that.

Cheap is a good word.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
oh crap, I forgot to eat today.

hmm, now I have to test this out after getting a meal in me.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Am I over reacting here?

Yes.

I seriously doubt Morgan can be forced to do anything. He's at a point in his career where HE calls the shots, not the other way around. He likely mentally wrestled with it a bit at first, then decided it would be funny. In other MF humor, he does much the same, play the straight man to buffoonery. Kind of his schtick when it comes to comedy.

Bottom line, if he didn't WANT to do it, he wouldn't have. He certainly wouldn't have bowed to pressure from Fallon (as he likely has little idea of Fallon's work or status, other than show host).

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Morgan Freeman is Epic.
and yes everything on a "talk show" is known before hand, and then it's up to the actors, to act....
but aww... He's done better things.

In this song he is at the beginning and the end too..

[Intro: Morgan Freeman]
As the war between light and darkness continues
Heroes and villains become harder to identify.
Kindred spirits separated at birth,
Fighting for their place in time to be solidified.
The clock ticks faster and faster
While time runs a marathon
In this babylon.
But see, the end is only the beginning,
The beginning of the calm before the storm

[Morgan Freeman]
As the mask of deception falls off the face of humanity
Unveiling the grim reality of duality
In which everyone is a casualty,
No one will be exempt.
Truth has many shades.
It's not a matter of black and white... but gray.
Although many, we are one.
So in the final analysis,
Could it be that we are fighting a war that can't be won

top topics

join