It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great White shark rescued after it was stranded on shore at Chatham, Massachusetts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Witnesses said the young Great White beached itself on the sand bar trying to catch seagulls , luckily for the shark concerned beach goers came to the rescue dousing the animal with water until the harbor master helped return it to the depths.

Well done them

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Did it have a North Carolina or bust sign ? Lol

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I know I'm grouchy today, but it looked to me like a bunch of idiots that live through their phones, and some professionals that actually helped.

Seriously, they couldn't have at the very least formed a bucket line, to get more water to it faster?

Good for the pros, and the what, two regular folks that helped though.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Can only imagine the stories he's telling his shark friends...

I was minding my own business catching a bite to eat and these humans abducted me and did it experiments!

No Harold, I swear, that human was at least 200 pounds!
edit on KAmerica/Chicago7310000002015-07-15T15:59:59-05:00k15Julpm by Kentuckymama because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Kentuckymama

Right.

I know it was thinking bad things toward the people who were trying to save it's ass.

Then it was thinking 'I need an agent'.

WTG 2 those who helped!!! Big

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
What a bunch of pansies. I would have asked everybody to grow a pair and help drag it in together. It looks brain dead from lack of oxygen and will likely die. You pour water over whales and dolphins, not animals with gills.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
What a bunch of pansies. I would have asked everybody to grow a pair and help drag it in together. It looks brain dead from lack of oxygen and will likely die. You pour water over whales and dolphins, not animals with gills.

You didn't notice the teeth?

Plus it seemed a bit pissed off.

Edit -

( i saw a different video earlier and he was a bit agitated. )
edit on 15-7-2015 by highfromphoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Did it survive? Past underwater resonance weapons caused many whales to beach in large grupos situación láter autopsies reveallingüística lungs destroyed.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: highfromphoenix

Edit -

Yes, teeth. The opposite end that you would be pulling from. It's real power and agility is found in the water. Pulling it backwards on land and remaining aware of it's movements would create a highly unlikely scenario of being bit. Try grabbing an alligator snapping turtle, now those you have to watch out for.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Manso
Did it survive? Past underwater resonance weapons caused many whales to beach in large grupos situación láter autopsies reveallingüística lungs destroyed.

It was tagged and dragged out where it swam on it's own power. We actually have a great number of Scientist and Organization, including The Boston Aquarium and the Atlantic White Shark Conservancy that come in a moments notice to help and monitor. There are always dolphins, whales, turtles etc that wash ashore and some pretty dedicated people to help.

I think the folks did the best they could given the situation. A Great White is nothing to fool with, it is no Sand Shark. I have heard many tales of people thinking a shark is dead and losing a leg in the folly.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

That was awesome! I'm glad they tagged it, I was hoping they would.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
One of my worst fears is being attacked by a shark. That said, the whole time the people were just standing around, I was thinking "Just grab the tail and drag the sucker to the water". Couldn't have been that heavy. Glad to see they finally got it back in the water though.

Just stay away from the beach, ok Bruce?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Aussies just grab em by the tail and drag em back in, keeps the tourist population down if we save em.

edit on 15-7-2015 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Edit -

Yes, teeth. The opposite end that you would be pulling from. It's real power and agility is found in the water. Pulling it backwards on land and remaining aware of it's movements would create a highly unlikely scenario of being bit. Try grabbing an alligator snapping turtle, now those you have to watch out for.

Yes, I was the idiot who stopped to help some poor Good Samaritan who was trying to move a smallish snapping turtle off the road. Poor guy was in his business suit. I hadn't yet tried moving a snapper, and realized really quickly that it's not like moving box turtles. The shells are razor sharp and those necks are long and flexible!

We looked like quite the stupid pair out there poking at it with sticks and trying to drag it really quickly before it had a go at us.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Edit -

come on man, you saw these morons cheer when the buckets of water were thrown on it, you expect these idiots to be able to put there minds together and complete this task. and then the guy drags it backwards through the water.
my bet is it's dead....from mental trauma

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

First off, no idiot that I know stops to help someone.

You must have been a tomboy growing up, not many girls would try and handle a snapper.

a reply to: PLAYERONE01

come on man, you saw these morons cheer when the buckets of water were thrown on it, you expect these idiots to be able to put there minds together and complete this task. and then the guy drags it backwards through the water.

Shh...

Sometimes the gene pool needs skimming.

edit on 15-7-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Oh definitely a tomboy.

I stopped to help the poor guy when I was older.

When I was a still a girl I was unhooking water snakes at the local reservoir. That was hilarious. A teenage boy had somehow gotten a poor water snake on his hook and was lofting the poor thing in the air screaming like a girl and shouting "water moccasin!" I simply went over, grabbed it behind the head and unhooked it and dropped it back into the water. Even if it had been a moccasin, it wasn't going to be able to do anything.

edit on 15-7-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Now here is a story about regular people with regular jobs and regular lives doing wonderful things.

There is so much negativity in the world and seeing this reminds me that most people are good.

See a shark beached and stuck and their first instinct is to help it, not hurt it or kill it.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kentuckymama
Can only imagine the stories he's telling his shark friends...

I was minding my own business catching a bite to eat and these humans abducted me and did it experiments!

No Harold, I swear, that human was at least 200 pounds!

Hilarious! I almost fell off the toilet!

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
And nobody thought to mount a frikin "lazer beam" on this shark?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join