It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Murray Accidentally Stops Robbery In Phoenix, Arizona

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

A robber was apprehended today in Phoenix, Arizona after stopping to talk with none other than Bill Murray.

“I saw this man on the sidewalk running towards me with a bag in his hand. Then he suddenly stopped when he saw me. He asked me if I was the zombie Bill Murray from Zombieland. I told him, ‘sure, why not’. Then he started telling me how much he loved me, and how Ghostbusters is his favorite movie, I dunno, and some other things. I was polite, I told him that was very nice of him to say. Then kind of out of nowhere, police showed up and tackled the man,” Murray said. “Some people might call me a hero, but I’m no hero. The real heroes today are the men and women of the Phoenix Police Department.”

Can Bill Murray be any more of a bad a$$???

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Looks like a satire site to me.

36-year-old Phoenix resident Paul Horner was at the ATM when the robbery happened.

Copyright © 2015, All Right Reserved. Proudly owned by NBC President & CEO, Dr. Paul Horner.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I loved how he responded, "Sure, why not." Very nonchalant !

I just developed a bigger crush on him. (swoon)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Sounded like one of those stories at first. Imagine the fellow in prison telling his story. "Busted by Bill Murray." Guess star power really exists.

edit on 15-7-2015 by Septimus because: small edit

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Bill Murray is so cool that people forget they are in the middle of committing a felony just to speak with him.

This needs to be memed

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ

A robber was apprehended today in Phoenix, Arizona after stopping to talk with none other than Bill Murray.

“I saw this man on the sidewalk running towards me with a bag in his hand. Then he suddenly stopped when he saw me. He asked me if I was the zombie Bill Murray from Zombieland. I told him, ‘sure, why not’. Then he started telling me how much he loved me, and how Ghostbusters is his favorite movie, I dunno, and some other things. I was polite, I told him that was very nice of him to say. Then kind of out of nowhere, police showed up and tackled the man,” Murray said. “Some people might call me a hero, but I’m no hero. The real heroes today are the men and women of the Phoenix Police Department.”

Can Bill Murray be any more of a bad a$$???

The really interesting man is the thief, not Murray or the cops. Who does that ? Stealing something then stopping to admire the Mona Lisa. Makes me think of all those figures of gentlemen thieves in literature.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Bill Murray in King Pin....so good. That may actually be my favorite comedy...such an original idea.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBandit795
Looks like a satire site to me.

36-year-old Phoenix resident Paul Horner was at the ATM when the robbery happened.

Copyright © 2015, All Right Reserved. Proudly owned by NBC President & CEO, Dr. Paul Horner.

"Paul Horner" pops up in quite a lot of their stories.

Also note the link - nbc.com.co

Fake site! Fun, but fake.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
Bill Murray is so cool that people forget they are in the middle of committing a felony just to speak with him.

This needs to be memed

Could be the new chuck norris of the inet.

Even chuck norris stops to speak to bill murray.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackmetalmist
I loved how he responded, "Sure, why not." Very nonchalant !

I just developed a bigger crush on him. (swoon)

Hands off, hes MINE

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

This needs to be memed

I don't always get tackled by the police, but when I do, I'm chatting with Dr. Peter Venkman.

JAK

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBandit795

No, this one is true. Just like in 2013. And again in 2014. It's like a day which he keeps reliving.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

the calibre of criminal that " forgets " he needs to be running away - just so he can talk to bill murray is pretty low

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: imod02

LOL!

Totally wishing it was me in that picture

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

LOL!

Dam dam dam I though he was gay, dam

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I do like Bill Murray. Mad as a box of frogs, and cool as a cucumber. If I did a robbery & saw Murray, I would probably do the same thing

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I mean obvious fake, but the guy is tops in my books. He's been my favorite actor for as long as I can remember.

Don't know why, but I really liked him in Rushmore. It's not a great movie, but he nails the role.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

LOL!

Me too, but replacing bill

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It was no accident. He's actually living Groundhog Day and knew it was coming.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: JeanPaul
It was no accident. He's actually living Groundhog Day and knew it was coming.

OMG!!! YES!!! You just made my day.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join