It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Contributors Almost Fight Over Opinion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I thought this was pretty funny myself. It seems that Fox News Contributors Geraldo Rivera and Eric Bolling got a little upset with one another on air over their difference of opinion regarding the Kate Steinle issue. Apparently Geraldo felt they were sensationalizing it for political purposes while Eric Bolling and Jesse Watters had the opposite opinion.

What I found most interesting however was how both Geraldo and Eric basically accused each other of being Right Wing Shills pushing bias within the news. Here's a quick quote from them:

“It is exploiting and sensationalizing –” Rivera said before Bolling cut him off.
“From a guy who exploits and sensationalizes everything,” Bolling retorted.

Are you talking to me?” Rivera shot back.
“You’re lucky that you’re my friend. I’d knock you out right now.
That’s absolute BS.”

“I exploit and sensationalize?” Rivera asked him.
“What do you do? Where do you get your stuff from?
What right-wing pundit has given you your script?”

So Eric accuses Geraldo of sensationalizing everything while Geraldo accuses Eric of getting his reports from a Right Wing Pundit Script. I personally think they're both right.

What a couple of clowns!!

On a side note, is it just me or does Jesse Watters always have some sh*t eating smirk on his face whenever he says anything??? The guy just seems like a little snide weasel all the time.

So what do you people think??? Is the Fox News Propaganda starting to be too much for even the hosts over at Fox now??? I think it's very telling that they both throw accusations at each other for being News Hacks and sensationalizing the news that they report on.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Jaques:
All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts,
His acts being seven ages.

As You Like It Act 2, scene 7, 139–143

-Bill Shakespeare

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

That's the most raw show that FNC does... I enjoy it...

It doesn't take long to see where lines are drawn, and occasionally it get's a bit dirty..

Nothing wrong with a clash of opinions and some unintended honesty breaking through in this PC world...

In the end it means little, but it does expose nerves doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

AL Capone’s secret room............................

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

Yah, I enjoyed it. It was probably one of the most real moments I've seen on Fox in a while. I do feel bad for the Female co-host though. She tried at first to smooth things out but they just ran right over her like she wasn't there.

Geraldo sure seems to get riled up pretty quick about some things. Jesse Watters didn't seem to happy to have Geraldo disagree with him either.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

As expected, the deck is stacked on that show... you just have to view it realizing that you will most likely be overwhelmed with the POV that the channel aligns with...

no different with the other channels... pick your poison I guess...

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
No need for a double

edit on Tue, 14 Jul 2015 23:02:13 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

Mostly I thought it was interesting that they both attacked each other with accusations of sensationalizing the news which is what they are also always defending themselves about when others make those same accusations. But now internally they are both accusing each other of it and both getting defensive.

I find that to be a like an inside look into what they think deep down but keep hidden because it's their job to tow that line. But when the gloves come off they are quick to let some of their more honest opinions out in the open. At least that's what it seemed like to me anyway.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Thought it was a bit funny to watch Geraldo going off.. "Hey, You talking to me?" haha
Star for entertainment value.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

in that open forum, we do get a glimpse...

To be honest, the FIVE reminds me of our own ATS Live shows... minus the channel bias...

We had some drag down discussions, but it was pure honest opinions.. and we all respected each other, and picked up those who fell to the floor, dusted them off and carried on...

Not so much on MSM... If the Top Floor wants a message sent via the show, it usually is...

In the end, it's a product, and that product has to sell....

On the main channels, it's all about influencing folks, #2 is money.... to keep the influence rolling along...

Their enemy, is folks who take the time to THINK for THEMSELVES... not be so ready to be spoonfed info...

The concept of the show is fine, it's the grubby paws of those in charge that doom the effort to failure...

Bring Back Bob Beckel!!!!! He was the opposing voice who didn't give a shyte... Geraldo is still fuming over the wondrous discovery of Capone's vault... on LIVE TV... lol

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
How fitting that Geraldo Rivera would be at the center of this heated debate.

Listen. When I visited my grandmother (1995 +/- 2 year), she would have dinner ready by 5:00pm. The whole family would sit at her giant table, and she'd turn on fox news. When I was 14, I noticed something. Geraldo Rivera was a TOOL! My entire family would watch as Geraldo (very prominent in the 90's) would ridicule people on television. It was IMO disgusting to watch, but only I felt this way. I had no way of knowing, back then, that that kind of programming was just that: programming.

And here he is 20 years later, still a complete incoherent jerk.

Mini rant? Please forgive me.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: GUITARPLAYER

AL Capone’s secret room............................

LMAO!

Anyways, I would have thought Geraldo would be Trump's guy since they are friends, hard to believe he thinks the Steinle story is sensationalized since Trump is riding it to better rankings within the GOP candidates.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Kind of hard to believe I could actually agree with both of these guys at the same time.
I guess when your right, your right!

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Watch Chris Cuomo argue with his talking heads on CNN. He always makes sure to push his liberal agenda down everyone's throats.

This is all a bunch of BS. No matter which channel you choose to waste your time watching.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnTheSmith
How fitting that Geraldo Rivera would be at the center of this heated debate.

Listen. When I visited my grandmother (1995 +/- 2 year), she would have dinner ready by 5:00pm. The whole family would sit at her giant table, and she'd turn on fox news. When I was 14, I noticed something. Geraldo Rivera was a TOOL! My entire family would watch as Geraldo (very prominent in the 90's) would ridicule people on television. It was IMO disgusting to watch, but only I felt this way. I had no way of knowing, back then, that that kind of programming was just that: programming.

And here he is 20 years later, still a complete incoherent jerk.

Mini rant? Please forgive me.

And got a smackdown laid on his candy a__ by OZZY

Seriously though , Fox hires em in to try and present examples of "left wing" bias . The more belligerent they are , the better.
edit on 15-7-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

That's what happens when you work for a news company that cares more about ratings than truth.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

That's what happens when you work for a news company that cares more about ratings than truth.

So do tell which news company tells truth over ratings?

Geraldo would shill for illegals even if convicted of war crimes and atrocities. Not exactly balanced on that issue but he had no trouble calling out thugs of another mother.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

I'd say that different news programs are corrupted differently by this. Though, honestly, I'd say that CNN is the most likely to promote truth over ratings, but even THEY have been guilty of not doing that. But Fox News is the worst offender of all of them. After all, Fox News LOVES to rub it in everyone's faces that they are the highest rated news network.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Exchanges like that make for compelling television, like it or not. The fact that we are discussing it shows they have hit their target.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Geraldo would drum that guy up. He a boxer.....And as long as Geraldo keeps moving to the left sticking that jab in his face…sticking and moving...sticking and moving he would take that guy out in the 2nd round.

Btw Geraldo is no more sensational than the average media outlet

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join