It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned Parenthood Sells Dead Baby Parts

page: 60
<< 57  58  59   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I hate abortion. It repulses me to think that a woman would do such a thing to an emerging life in her womb, a life that is half her, a life that has potential.

But, I am not for making it illegal again, because I know that a woman that would do such a thing would do it whether legal or not, even in a back alley with a coat hanger. My mother and grandmother told me about horrific things that happened in their day to women that chose that path, so, no...let these women live and die with their own conscience.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist

All I want is for people to accept responsibility for their own actions.

THEY ARE !!!

Before organizations like Planned Parenthood, people accepted the fact that sex carries a significant risk of pregnancy. That fact of life has not changed. I don't understand why a growing number of people think that sex no longer has consequence, simply because medical science can now kill an unborn child with little risk to the mother.

Planned Parenthood (Family Planning in the UK) Provide contraception

for all.

It has changed women's lives for the better.

With contraception sex carries little risk of pregnancy.

Therefor I would say that, that IS taking responsibility for

one's self
Wouldn't you???

As with everything, sometimes things fail and a pregnancy will occur,

At that stage a responsible woman seeks a termination, in line with her

having already been responsible by using contraception ... Yes??

Our split in opinion occurs where people like you insist that no abortion is taken lightly. That's plainly untrue, and when you attempt to belittle and dismiss people for their valid concerns, you do not help your cause.

Are you an authority on peoples *thoughts*

HOW DO YOU KNOW IF A WOMAN DOSENT GIVE THE PROBLEM SUFFICENT THOUGHT?

Are you now with the 'thought police'

Those kind of replies make me MAD!!!

You ask for a solution...my answer is to stop telling people it's ok to kill their mistakes, and instead make the most of them.

There is only one solution .... and it is for the individual person, it is THEIR lives.

Before making decisions for others .... "Walk a mile in their shoes"

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You're not wrong.
My libertarian side tells me the government has no place in the matter, beyond ensuring health & sanitation standards in clinics. You can't legislate morality. But then again we do have laws to preserve bare minimums of morality.

If we could all agree on the point life is conceived, the legislative side of this would be easy peasy.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

There is literally no issue in the world where there is unanimous agreement on. Sometimes you just have to put your foot down and say, "There this is where we set the standards," and then you just let the naysayers deal with it. Can't make everyone happy is what I'm getting at.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

No need to go militant feminist, I was only responding to your question of whether or not I engage in sexual intercourse for reasons other than procreation.

No need to debate your assertion that babies are solely the woman's domain, either, it's beside the point. All I was saying is that as a man, I am aware of the risks I take every time I have sex, and am prepared to accept the consequences.
Even if it's inconvenient.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I am not sure what I think about abortion. It's a complex issue with serious consequences in either direction.

I think the most grievous trespass is to take another life without provocation.
I think having a baby is one of the most weighty decisions in life.
I think life begins well before exiting the womb.
I think the government has to let people make their own bad choices.
I think unborn babies deserve as much protection by the law as anyone.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

All I was saying is that as a man, I am aware of the risks I take every time I have sex, and am prepared to accept the consequences.
Even if it's inconvenient.

Every woman is also aware of that pregnancy can result from sex, and by default MUST accept the consequences. whether prepared for it or not, AND will deal with it, even if it's inconvenient.

I wasn't "going all feminist", I really didn't understand how your statement related to my post.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I am not sure what I think about abortion. It's a complex issue with serious consequences in either direction.
I think the government has to let people make their own bad choices.
I think unborn babies deserve as much protection by the law as anyone.

I'm sure you realize that your positions contradict each other. It IS a complex issue and MOST women deal with those complexities when they find themselves with an unwanted pregnancy.

As I've said in this thread, I hate abortion. I don't know of anyone who likes it... I think once conception happens, that thing is alive. Just like any fertilized egg, it's on its way to becoming a person. But ultimately, the person who hosts that "life" has the decision as to what to do about it.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

originally posted by: queenofswords

“In health care, patients sometimes want to donate tissue to scientific research that can help lead to medical breakthroughs, such as treatments and cures for serious diseases,” the press releases continues. “Women at Planned Parenthood who have abortions are no different.”

In other words, "while I have chosen to kill this particular human growing in my womb, please accept its tissues and organs and any other pieces you may find useful, and give it to scientific research that can help save lives."

Yeah right. Typical PPH response.

What, do you think they grind up bones for bread and stew the meat for their PPH satanic potlucks or something?

Of course it would go to medical research.

Actually, it's not always medical research. Senomyx got slammed for using 1970s aborted fetal kidney cells in testing flavors for Pepsi and Nestle in 2010-2011. The cells have been cloned since collected in the 70s. The cells don't actually go in the drinks/food, but they are used for researching flavor profiles. That's pretty freaky and gross to me.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

All I want is for people to accept responsibility for their own actions.

THEY ARE !!!

Before organizations like Planned Parenthood, people accepted the fact that sex carries a significant risk of pregnancy. That fact of life has not changed. I don't understand why a growing number of people think that sex no longer has consequence, simply because medical science can now kill an unborn child with little risk to the mother.

Planned Parenthood (Family Planning in the UK) Provide contraception

for all.

It has changed women's lives for the better.

With contraception sex carries little risk of pregnancy.

Therefor I would say that, that IS taking responsibility for

one's self
Wouldn't you???

As with everything, sometimes things fail and a pregnancy will occur,

At that stage a responsible woman seeks a termination, in line with her

having already been responsible by using contraception ... Yes??

Our split in opinion occurs where people like you insist that no abortion is taken lightly. That's plainly untrue, and when you attempt to belittle and dismiss people for their valid concerns, you do not help your cause.

Are you an authority on peoples *thoughts*

HOW DO YOU KNOW IF A WOMAN DOSENT GIVE THE PROBLEM SUFFICENT THOUGHT?

Are you now with the 'thought police'

Those kind of replies make me MAD!!!

You ask for a solution...my answer is to stop telling people it's ok to kill their mistakes, and instead make the most of them.

There is only one solution .... and it is for the individual person, it is THEIR lives.

Before making decisions for others .... "Walk a mile in their shoes"

I'm sure the woman does give it thought. I am more concerned with the freak doctor that is going to turn the baby at risk to the woman, leave the head just inside and slit the throat, or crush the head in. Women need access to safe abortions early and it is their decision. The doctors performing these late stage procedures have very serious blood on their hands. I just don't know how someone could do that. My mother almost died from a back alley abortion in the 60s. But that fact does NOT change what I remember seeing on my sonograms VERY early. My 4 lb babies were VERY alive and still are. It is VERY complicated and not something that can be simplified into pro-choice and pro-life. I am pro-choice and VERY horrified by what these doctors are doing.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Losonczy

I am more concerned with the freak doctor that is going to turn the baby at risk to the woman, leave the head just inside and slit the throat, or crush the head in. Women need access to safe abortions early and it is their decision. The doctors performing these late stage procedures have very serious blood on their hands. I just don't know how someone could do that. I am pro-choice and VERY horrified by what these doctors are doing.

And you KNOW that for a certainty??

It is my opinion that is all hysterical hype by the anti abortion league

in order to promote revulsion and their agenda.

Personally and over many, many years through family illness's and surgery

and yes abortions too ... I have met many doctors and surgeons and I would

bet my life on it that none of them were capable of such butchery. Not to

mention the 'Hypocratic' (spelling??) oath they take.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Just another example of the hypocrisy of some :

McConnell Voted In 1993 To Legalize Fetal Tissue Donations After Abortion

Now he's trying to defund Planned Parenthood over the practice.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Just an update on this story. The California Attorney General (and possibly the US Attorney General) is opening an investigation of the Center for Medical Progress to see if they broke the law in making these recordings without the knowledge of the Planned Parenthood staff.

Four Democratic congresswomen on Thursday asked Harris and U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch to determine if officials from the Irvine-based Center for Medical Progress broke any laws when they posed as workers for a biotech company while recording Planned Parenthood physicians without their consent.
Lynch has said the Justice Department would review all the information surrounding the videos and determine what, if any, steps to take.

Sacremento Bee

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Shouldn't this thread, and the newer one, be moved into the HOAX bin?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I've been saying that since page one, but the staff obviously don't agree.

It's good that the "Center for Medical Progress" is being investigated, though.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Maybe they''ll hoax both threads if there's an indictment. One can hope.

As to the threat of more videos to come...well, it's the short-attention span U.S.A...so interest will probably taper off with each one.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
well, it's the short-attention span U.S.A...so interest will probably taper off with each one.

You're probably right. As it is, most people posting here don't really believe that PP is selling dead babies, they just don't like the idea of abortion (as if anyone does) and they are offended by the harsh way doctors talk about body parts and such. You know... abortion isn't politically correct among this crowd.

The entire "pro-life" (or anti-choice) crowd is USING this video (and the others from the past) to make abortion seem even more distasteful than it already does. This isn't about defunding PP, because they wouldn't stop there. It's about outlawing abortion and denying women the right to their own bodies.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
It's about outlawing abortion and denying women the right to their own bodies.

Exactly.

That and they're running out of statistically insignificant divisive issues to separate the packs.

new topics

top topics

<< 57  58  59   >>

join