It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Local LEAs Forced By Politicians to NOT Cooperate With ICE Enforcement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Folks, I am absolutely furious after reading this article and discovering that according to The Justice Department, these sanctuary cities giving refuge to criminals within the illegal immigrant have put policies into place that forces local law enforcement to NOT work together with federal agencies like ICE. A wildly successful federal program to monitor and capture immigrants who commit any number of crimes , and subsequently deport them was brought to a halt in many cities by politicians who said that the federal agencies were casting to wide of a net.

This infuriates me mostly because this goes directly against out national security interests. These types of policies are precisely the reason there were major intelligence breakdowns leading up to 9/11 and led directly to laws that were meant to help agencies share information to keep our homeland secure.

Now we have cities willfully disregarding federal law and local governments flaunting their blatant disrespect for the security of the American people.

This issue alone should lead to a revolt against the politicians who continue to display their ignorance when dealing with such critical issues.

Here's a brief excerpt from the article and link to the original story.

"But to critics, the program cast too wide a net. In large, Democratically controlled cities like Chicago, San Francisco and Los Angeles, politicians said the program deported too many immigrants guilty of minor crimes, like traffic violations and non-violent offenses like theft and burglary. In response, some 200 cities created "sanctuary" laws to shield immigrants by prohibiting local police from cooperating when ICE sought to pick up an inmate."

Official article: www.foxnews.com...
edit on 14-7-2015 by beyondtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondtruth

We ever stop to think they are protecting the people who smuggle drugs and workers into the country?

Sending them back to do it over and again?

Should be a clue…

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Has anyone here lost a friend or family member to drugs or a drug overdose?
Drug trafficking/pushing is NOT a victim-less crime. It is NOT a minor crime.
It is MURDER.
Protecting or releasing drug dealers is every bit as much of a crime.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Maybe I can see that strictly from an illegal border crossing situation, but many of the people in this country illegally actually came in to the country on a legal visa or work permit.

Your idea also limits most of the focus on Central and South American immigrants when in reality more people are illegally entering the country from China than from Mexico.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondtruth
a reply to: intrptr

Maybe I can see that strictly from an illegal border crossing situation, but many of the people in this country illegally actually came in to the country on a legal visa or work permit.

Your idea also limits most of the focus on Central and South American immigrants when in reality more people are illegally entering the country from China than from Mexico.

You are going to have to post some serious ordained and sustained facts on that post...

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

www.nationalreview.com...

www.wsj.com...

m.ocregister.com...

www.newsmax.com...#!newsmax/article/490962

Here's a start. You could always do some research for yourself. I pulled these articles in less than three minutes on my slow glitchy phone

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

And they are all the far right sites.

They will work with ice, if ice has a warrant out for them.
The guy in San Fran should of had one but he didn't.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Lol just because far left news sites are not posting it doesn't make it not true. Besides the articles that I posted refer to official statistics in a report that I will post once I get access to my computer.

I realize this is a touchy subject and I'm not out to wind anyone up except that I am trying to show others what the media is failing to show and that intelligence sharing is failing between local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies just as they did prior to 9/11 and its all based on misplaced ideology that immigrants are only looking for work and a better life. Don't be so foolish.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Also. The program that the federal government was running would not work based just on having a warrant. You can be arrested for a crime and be released and not have some warrant. The way the program should work is when local law enforcement have an illegal found guilty of certain crimes, this disposition is supposed to be reported to ICE. Based on this information, ICE and Justice Department then has the discretion to deport the individual based on the severity of the crime, the individuals criminal history, and his or her legal status.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

We ever stop to think they are protecting the people who smuggle drugs and workers into the country?

Sending them back to do it over and again?

Should be a clue…

Sorry but your post is a bit confusing. Who is protecting the smugglers. And, sending whom back? Do you understand how smuggling and trafficking operations work? The people that are really profiting from these things never cross into the United States. They have mules with little to no criminal record and after they get popped and put in jail, a line forms for hundreds more willing to attempt to get across the border. This is the same psychology as getting children to become soldiers. Destroy well being (think Leslie's hierarchy) and then instill a singular purpose to fight a common enemy. A timeless tradition to be sure.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondtruth
a reply to: Gothmog

www.nationalreview.com...

www.wsj.com...

m.ocregister.com...

www.newsmax.com...#!newsmax/article/490962

Here's a start. You could always do some research for yourself. I pulled these articles in less than three minutes on my slow glitchy phone

First link : Only speaks of the "upticks" in Chinese illegal immigrants
Second link: Refers to immigrants in general. (does not refer to illegals)
Third link- same as second . speaks of immigration (does not refer to illegals)
Fourth Link - I could not find a link to the subject matter on that huge list of links

edit on 14-7-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

And they are all the far right sites.

They will work with ice, if ice has a warrant out for them.
The guy in San Fran should of had one but he didn't.

He didn't have a warrant that "we know of".

We have no idea what is real and true.

They fix anything for an advantage.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

No they are just not spinning it. This wasn't solely the fault of San Fran. ICE knew where he was going ans knew what they needed to do to get him back, and it didn't happen.

My old man just retired from the bo po like 3 years ago, we had a long discussion on this issue.

More the willing to admit that most of the blame goes to San Fran, just not all of it.

ICE doesn't get to sit back and say they had no way of getting him back.

edit on thTue, 14 Jul 2015 18:43:19 -0500America/Chicago720151980 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on thTue, 14 Jul 2015 18:43:48 -0500America/Chicago720154880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join