It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patterdale Pups turn 6 weeks old...and I have survived!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   
My little fur grandpups are 6 weeks old. * sniffle *

They are already growling at the UPSman, digging out gopher holes, and running to me for safety whenever the train rudely interrupts their playtime. They are both fearless and afraid at any given time, weighing options at every turn:

Mama watches them carefully from a distance:

I adore this bunch of pups! Each has its very own personality:

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

When I was in my early teens we had about 8 german shepherd pups to take care of... I remember those days seeing them grow up for about year as a very fun and pleasant period in my life. Just being around the innocence of these young animals is such a treat.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Awwwww, precious little pups! Are you keeping them all??

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Adorable!
Recently I acquired a Bernese / Black Lab cross that looks just like those. I got her at six weeks, by the following week, she was torturing me with sharp puppy teeth. I became her litter mate. She chewed me up for about a month (constant pain), but now she's the sweetest girl ever, and mostly real gentle. About 50 lbs, and 4 months old now

Now that she's managed to win over my Shihtzu, I have to teach her "gentle" again. She has no idea how strong she is.

I named her Nyx, after the goddess of night.
Mine looks so much like your mama dog. So pretty.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

We are now keeping 2. The other 2 will be rehomed to loving families. I would keep them all if I could. 6 Patterdales would be tiring!

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Mama is Moxie an her name suits her. She now plays more of a mother than a food source. She makes sure she sits off to a distance but always close enough to be right there if needed. She is beautiful and very proud oh her girls.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: zatara

No matter how badly I am feeling or sucky my day has been, one minute with these precious goofballs lifts my spirits. The things they do, their silliness, there wagging tails....I am a proud Gran.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Keeping 2 little ones will keep them from chewing on you so much - they have each other.
Nyx was brutal during her 3rd month.
So glad she gained compassion and then got gentle. She's even great with kids now. Raising her with a 15 lb dog is tricky - he attacks her when she gets too hard on him.
I worry about him scarring her pretty face, and worry about her ever getting tired of his attacks....so glad she's a combo of gentle patient breeds.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

This is Max, their dad, grooming one of the pups. He is a bit over 2 yrs old and weighs 20lbs. Moxie is just 2 years old and weighs 14lbs. Pups will be somewhere in that range.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

So cute. It's amazing how much they look like mine, but in miniature

Both the parents of mine were about 100 lbs.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

that's about 2 1/2 months old
edit on 14-7-2015 by snowspirit because: pic sideways...

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

We have an Aussie Standard that weighs 80lbs. She doesn't realize how much bigger she is than the pups.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Looks like there is some Patterdale in there!

Max and Moxie are both purebred Patterdales. Max is from American lineage but Moxie is from Scottish lineage.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Its possible.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I love the husky in your avatar! Is it yours?

Ultralight, it's nice that you will be able to keep a couple of the pups. Animals do bring so much joy no matter how down we are or what we are going through.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

No, the husky's not mine. Had to have the pic though, if I come across a pup that looks like that, I want it!
Although, I live in a farming community, and huskies look a little like some predators.

I might get a pyrenees some day. There's a couple of them around already, and they protect the sheep. People trust them when they're seen out of their yard, being known as guardian dogs, they chase away the coyotes.
Big fluffy beautiful white dogs.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Being a city girl, I love farms and farm animals! Most people will look at chickens and think it's just chickens. I see chickens and think, "Oooooh, look chickens!!!!! I was always a cat person myself, but if I had a dog, it would probably be a white Samoyed husky.

edit on 15-7-2015 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

top topics

join