It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the universe one big process ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: gosseyn

Because we we have things around us, or are affected by them, does not mean we are connected. We have a proximity to other things, and we need things to survive, but a proximity or need is not a connection.

You can call it a connection, or you can call it what you want, or not call it anything, you can choose to ignore it, but the facts remain facts whether you ignore them or take them into account. At this point you're arguing over semantics, or rhetoric.. But you know what they say : "when the wise designates the moon with his finger, the idiot looks at the finger", just like my cat.

No need for you to respond to this, I am tired of your little battles of rhetoric, it leads nowhere. And I just know that at some point you will just stop responding when intellectually cornered anyway.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

"Connected" is an easy term to throw around. Of course, once asked where and what this connection is, one can never simply point it out; He can only devise some grand picture in his imagination, talk about it, and hope that people will believe it. Rather, the connection is an illusion, something one can only think up, usually by appealing to gods and "observers" and new age dogma, but never any actual connection.

My friend, you are wrong on all accounts. Let me sum it up for you scientifically...

Gravity
We are connected by gravity. One of the fundamental forces that extends infinitely. Every single particle in your body has a gravitational field which extends out and affects the particles around it, so they are loosely connected by gravity. The sum of all the particles in your body creates a gravitational field which forms part of Earth's gravitational field. Earth's gravitational field is connected to the Moon's gravitational field. The Earth and Moon are connected to the Sun's gravitational field, and the Sun's gravity affects pretty much every planet in the solar system. Beyond that, it is certain that the sum of all gravitational fields that exists in our solar system extends out infinitely and affects other stars and objects. The entire universe is loosely connected via gravity. No matter how great or small, even if it's microgravity, it is connected.

Electromagnetism
We are connected by electromagnetism (magnetism in general), one of the other fundamental forces that extends infinitely. Every atom in your body is electromagnetic. In fact, all matter is electromagnetic. Every particle of your body has an electromagnetic field which interacts with the electromagnetic fields of other particles around it. Either attraction or repulsion, either way, the magnetic force is influencing everything around you. Keep in mind that magnetism is additive. That means that two magnets, when combined, will combine their strength (with a little loss because they can't occupy the same space) and become one stronger magnet. So every atom in your body is magnetically connected, and their combined magnetic field creates one large magnet. Even the air around you is electromagnetic, so your skin is electromagnetically connected to the air around you, and the air is electromagnetically connected to everything it touches (that is why sound is possible). Your body's magnetic field combines with Earth's magnetic field, and the Earth's magnetic field connects with the Moon, and the Sun, and it extends out into the solar system, and also into the entire Universe. No matter how great or small, it is connected.

Light
Light is electromagnetic. All things are loosely connected via light. I should say visible and non-visible electromagnetic radiation. You can see me, and I can see you, because we are connected by the visible light we emit and or reflect. Everything we see is connected to us via light. There is light passing between everything. There is not a single place in the entire universe that is completely void of some form of light, be it microwaves, radiowaves, ultraviolet radiation, etc., it is everywhere. Don't be fooled into thinking light has no effect on you. In order for you to reflect light, it must first be absorbed into the particles of your body, and then radiated out by your particles. Most of the light is absorbed into your particles and never radiated out, but instead converted into thermal energy (heat) and transferred to other particles near by. So it is safe to say the light emitted by the stars at night is absorbed into your body, and no matter how large or small the amount of light, it is a connection. Not to mention all the light from all the stars, and the light that connects all the stars. Again, I am not just talking about visible light, and what you can see with your eyes. I am talking about all electromagnetic radiation, and the connections it makes between every object in the universe. You will not understand the importance of this unless you really think about it. Don't forget, parts of our bodies create light as well, especially our fingernails, and our hands.

Electricity
Electrons, which are needed to form the particles of our body, can be shared and passed onto other objects and persons. These electrons pass through our body at nearly the speed of light on a daily basis without us knowing. These same electrons are responsible for your senses, and your mind's thoughts, and your muscle movements, and your life, and they can be passed into a metal door knob in the form of a mini bolt of lighting if you collect enough of them. They often are absorbed into Earth from your body. They pass through your electrical wires, through your electrical devices, and into Earth. They are collected in the clouds, and released into Earth in the form of lightning. When we step foot on Earth, our bodies are electrically connected to Earth, and we are "grounded". These electrons are shared between people, and things all over the place. Electrons are one of the main building blocks for matter, and many forms of matter share these electrons. So technically, these objects are ONE object. The funny thing is, nobody really knows what an electron is. We know it is energy, but what is it really, and what does it really do? Also, the Sun emits electrons and protons. A lot of those electrons are blocked by Earth's magnetic field, but they find their down to Earths surface sooner or later. The electrons from other stars do the same. So the electrons of our body could possibly have originated from the other side of the Universe. We are connected in that aspect as well.

---------------------------------

... and that is just the beginning. I haven't even mentioned how we are systematically connected.

So what were you saying about this "connection being an illusion"? The fact is, separation is the illusion.
edit on 14-7-2015 by More1ThanAny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I'm still waiting for you to mention a single fact, or anything other than far reaching conclusions. The fact is you are not connected to anything, and the last time you were was when you still had an umbilical cord.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: More1ThanAny1

You are wrong on all accounts. Your favorite theories do not in any way show that we are connected. If it's so easy, why not show me where this connection is, instead of only speaking about it? Because there is no connection.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

You must be confused. Everything I just mentioned to you is observed and confirmed scientifically. It can be measured with instruments and studied through experiments. If you want to do the experiments and observations your self, go for it.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
He questions the connections as he absorbs my thoughts from long distance via matter and light.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

You've shown the opposite. Light can go between us because we are separate. We can share electrons and gravity because we are separate. If we are connected we wouldn't have to share at all.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Why can't we just call this a miracle?

I mean, we are living beings communicating with one another.. WE are living beings, we are alive, on a microscopic sense we have millions of cells all of which are ALIVE...

We are a complex organism...

I keep myself from getting heads aches by just saying this is a miracle, and in a sense if you track the research we have on LIFE itself, it is a miracle...

Now to the question, The universe has allot of order in it's process, this is what I can say factually, gravity holds every pretty much together etc. the small instances of chaos out there is still following a order it can just be seen easier within its core, or it may only exist in the core.

Our bodies cannot function without energy. Energy is something Electricity per se', is something we can create but we do not understand it's nature.. This is what really fascinates me with mankind, we have no problem producing and using energy but we do not care if we understand it's nature, same goes for gravity, the sun's fusion, oh I am guessing I can think of others things atoms I suppose.

I think that is where we are limited...

So if we have energy running thru our bodies, where does that energy go when we die?
We know energy does not die, it goes somewhere else. SO I suppose it is safe to say that when we die we become part of something, we may not be coherent of it, considering we no longer have a brain organ, your ego will no longer exist I am afraid, along with you consciousness, perhaps a subconsciousness will exist yet considering energy in itself is a purest form of life "stimuli" in a sense you will continue to live on, coherent or not.

Electrons surround us, I think in order to try and understand our reality further is to look at it on a subatomic scale, you will see laws of physics broken.....

Even our most intellectual scale of science is flawed..

I think until further notified the Universe just is, and I do not have neither does any other human being obviously the mental capacity to understand what it is, or how it works..

So I just live day to day, I do not learn much anymore, The things I want to learn about no human being can teach me, or anything alive for that matter I suppose..

It's a miracle isn't it?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

You've shown the opposite.

Not exactly, my friend.

Light can go between us because we are separate. We can share electrons and gravity because we are separate. If we are connected we wouldn't have to share at all.

We are not separate, we are distant. One end of an electrical wire is not separate from the other end, both ends are connected, only distant. They are both one object, and our minds have only formed the idea that there are two ends and distance between them. Just as we formed the idea / illusion that our bodies are separate with distance between.

We don't share electrons, we are the electrons.

We don't share gravity, we are gravity.
edit on 14-7-2015 by More1ThanAny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent76

You can call it a miracle, or magic, or god dreaming, etc., at this point what name we give to IT is just a matter of convention. Words are just words, they are devices to represent what we find in reality, but they are not the things they are meant to represent. So if 'miracle' works for you, then keep using it. The only problem that might arise is that the word 'miracle' is linked to abrahamic religions, so if you use it to communicate with someone, they might get the wrong idea of what you want to express, they might automatically integrate into the word what they have been taught and the whole context in which they have seen the word before.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
Everything in the universe is just moving all as one movement - as you say everything is connected. Who is making the planets move? No one, it is just happening. Who is making the tree grow leaves? No one, it just happens. Who makes the clouds appear? Again, it is just happens.
The human is the only apparent thing that believes it is doing something - the mind (language) is playing tricks. The human thinks it is separate from life - when really all that moves is just moving.
Another way of saying that everything is connected is, nothing is separate - no one is doing anything and there actually is no one - no individual volition.
All that is happening (moving) is simply just happening - there is no separate doer.

Isn't the doer then the universe itself ?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
It is the process the consists of all processes...

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
We aren't sharing because we are separate so there is no ability to interact as there is no commonality would be a counter thesis.

edit on 14-7-2015 by starswift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: gosseyn
a reply to: Bicent76

You can call it a miracle, or magic, or god dreaming, etc., at this point what name we give to IT is just a matter of convention. Words are just words, they are devices to represent what we find in reality, but they are not the things they are meant to represent. So if 'miracle' works for you, then keep using it. The only problem that might arise is that the word 'miracle' is linked to abrahamic religions, so if you use it to communicate with someone, they might get the wrong idea of what you want to express, they might automatically integrate into the word what they have been taught and the whole context in which they have seen the word before.

It does not matter how others perceive it..

Words and their meanings confuse enough people as it is...

Fact of the matter, is it is unknown, and we do not even come close to understanding it.. With whatever words or word you choose.. The word miracle thou by definition is something like this: A miracle is an event not explicable by natural or scientific laws.

Since our scientific laws cannot explain it just record it, I call it a miracle by definition.. The biblical association is not pertinent to what I mean, and if people think that is what I mean, the only thing i have in common with them is the air we are both breathing..

Words are a little more meaningful in my opinion thou, then how you view them.. I do not want to have a conversation about my opinion on words, yet without written communication we would still be illiterate and we would not have progressed or evolved intellectually as we have now.. I do see your point you make thou, and I understand what you wrote, I like to be as focused as I can thou when I use words to describe the views and analogies I am processing in my mind..

now to the MLB all star game...

Good luck on your journey.

edit on b322015-07-14T19:32:27-05:00America/Chicago73176 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The one Singularity is of infinitesimal space composed of pure time we observe as all the past. It's structure is the source for the spatial dimension of depth. The ONE Singularity is engaged in infinite velocity kinetics employing infinite angular diversity. The "wake" of this kinetics is the structure that is the infinite expanse. The infinite expanse is pure infinite space without any time. The infinite expanse is the source for the spatial dimension of height and all future time. The implosion of the expanse of infinite space, down and inward, from everywhere, towards everywhere, targeting return of this "wake" to the Singularity, produces the spatial dimension of width, all the infinite number and lengths of spans of time, the infinite set of the finite geometries of space.

That is merely the space-time foundation.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Because there is no connection.

There is no connection because there is nothing separate - the universe is not two or more things.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Are the cells in your body connected to you?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   

A wire is a wire. I've not met one person who thinks one end of a wire is not the same wire as the other end; not one. Maybe you've formed that illusion, but I guarantee no one else has.

Or are you saying the universe has ends, like a wire?

At least test your hypothesis. Make actual physical contact with a grizzly bear, instead of imagining it. Your connection to it should become apparent. Cut off your hand and tell the doctor it is still connected to the body because "everything is connected". Unplug a light and turn it on. Unplug your internet or turn off your wifi and download a file. If you're the same as the sun, varying only a by matter of distance, see how close you can get to it.

Perform just one experiment that proves you are connected to one other thing. It should be simple given your faith in your principles.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: MrMaybeNot

Are the cells in your body connected to you?

I am the cells in my body.

Where does "you" and the cells in your body connect?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

The universe is many things. Earth is one thing. Jupiter is another. The sun is another thing. It looks like the universe is in fact many things, and not one. Unless, of course, you've seen it from the outside, which you have not. You're simply guessing.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join