It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shut up and take it

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Danke

I see so many extremely paranoid people worrying about the government watching what they do. So even if they are, how is that hurting you?

Don't you think history is to blame for that paranoia.
And wouldn't a benevolent gov. be more sympathetic
towards the fact.

Nero blamed the Christians and Hitler blamed the jews.
Who will the next anti christ blame? Both of them?
It won't be the muslims you can bet on that. And you might
also notice the succession from Rome to the Third Riech
to the USA via project paper clip. This is the third forwarding
of an anti christ gov. I may be paranoid, but am I paranoid enough.
To coin a phrase from Phage.
edit on Rpm80615v05201500000018 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Why do you think the government cares about what you do? I see so many extremely paranoid people worrying about the government watching what they do. So even if they are, how is that hurting you? The only answer I can come up with in most cases is illegal activity. Which is understandable at that point as to why you would be so paranoid.

I agree with you that our government doesn't give one Fava bean about the individual American citizen. It is our collective body, which does indeed pose a threat to them. Simply because the American people are once again sick and tired of taxation without representation. Our supposed representatives, do not represent their constituency. They represent the businesses and corporations that grease their palms and pad their pockets.

I do disagree with your ideas that my failure to want this said government, unlawfully spying on me, in my home, walking down the street, at work, while dinning, or taking a crap, is blanketed in my fear of being caught is some illegal activity.

I am an old woman, brought up old school, and I am quite modest, by today’s standards. I do not delude myself by thinking that this naked old arse is eye candy for anyone, including an old buzzard twice my age. I do however reserve the right to display it to whom “I” choose. It is not public property for a paranoid government. The words I say privately and intimately, again, is only for the ears of the persons I wish to hear them.

It is not my paranoia that is the problem, which I don’t have, by the way. The problem is the government’s assault on the privacy of its citizenry. The “government’s” paranoia is the problem. It is natural, and as it should be, for the government to fear the people. That is what makes them at least pretend, and try to convince us, they are doing the will of the American people.

There is nothing natural or normal about it, when the people fear their government. It is a blazing neon sign that there are existing problems, and big trouble ahead. I hear many people echoing your refrain, “You shouldn’t care if the government spies on you, if you have nothing to hide”.

My question to you is, where do you draw the line, because if you give an inch, they will take a mile. You may not have anything to hide, but do you reserve the right to take a crap, without surveillance? Do you reserve the right to have intimate relations with the person you love, without being watched? People are not criminals that expect the right to their privacy. Your animosity should not be towards the citizens that demand their rights. Your animosity should be towards the government that is stealing those rights and running roughshod over the people.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I see so many extremely paranoid people worrying about the government watching what they do. So even if they are, how is that hurting you?

Aha. Well... I see a paranoid government watching the people and think we should help them overcome their delusional disorder.

Bitte, gerne.

edit on 6-8-2015 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

I think it is becoming clearer that the next group to be sacrificed as scapegoat are the migrants entering Europe and the undocumented people crossing into the United States from Mexico.

If world markets and currencies collapse, we can expect like clockwork the scapegoating of the poor and those who are financially dependent upon the financial support and welfare funds of the national governments.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Tristran

Prob wasn't the best idea to put that AI near Yellowstone. Just a heads up.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapriti

I think it is becoming clearer that the next group to be sacrificed as scapegoat are the migrants entering Europe and the undocumented people crossing into the United States from Mexico.

If world markets and currencies collapse, we can expect like clockwork the scapegoating of the poor and those who are financially dependent upon the financial support and welfare funds of the national governments.

And scapegoating is the easiet way to go for
any government. I agree fully.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join