It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

multi regional or replacement (out of africa 2) hypothesis which one do you believe and why

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Phantom423

Like what is the qm of the placebo effect?

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Just a story, but there was a professor of QM at Yale who said on the first day of the semester: "You signed up for this class because you want to learn something about quantum mechanics. Well let me tell you right now that at the end of the semester you will know less than you do today. But - you'll understand the reason why too."

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Lets dial it back to a simpler mutation like the various hemoglobin ones. Almost all are a single changes to the codons (good old SNPs again). Which result in the change of an amino acid. These have suprisingly large implications (a single nucleotide change in the wrong place will change the type of amino acid, which will change the functionality of something very important). HOW this happened? Does not matter, why? There is no WHY. However they have SOME benefits. A couple of the changes make people more resistant to malaria (it is why they got passed on, depsite some of them having less than fun side effects (sickle cell anyone)), or others allow you to survive at higher altitude (again it is why it got passed on). HOW the mutation occurred is beyond the control of the species. It was probably a transcription error, or perhaps a radioactive spider bite. ... wait no.

Now lets dial into BRCA1 and BRCA2. Breast cancer is almost always a late life condition (if you look at the average lifespan of humans in the last thousands of years), hence we breed before it exhibits. Indeed many carriers likely died with out an issue (an odd sentence if ever there was). I will also point out men get breast cancer too (my study for my Bioinformatics post graduate diploma was in BRCA synthetic lethals, I had about a dozen men in my genomic database who had gotten breast cancer!). There is evidence that the BRCA mutation may have led to increased intelligence (purely speculative). SO again there was an advantage, especially if you died before cancer happened.

Now the concentration of the mutation in certain Jewish communities? That could be due to insular marriage habits. Just like Tay–Sachs (which is not just a Jewish issue).

So a correction to what you said:

We all have the BRCA genes, the mutations which give a higher chance of breast (and ovarian, and prostate) cancer are a higher percentage in Ashkenazic Jews. There is an Icelandic variation too,

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I have no problem saying my OP was off. I am more talking about the title of ooa not explaining what happened. That like you said the descriptions are faulty not the science.

I do have a problem with people who think it's not an opinion. Which you almost never point out (that it's your opinion not from authority)

You also fail to change and have a discussion about how man was able to evolve and survive and adapt to the conversation.

Food drastically effects brain growth. Changing diet and being able to eat more protein was a big change. We needed to cook food to do so to soften it. Or eat sashimi.

What if fire caused our survival.when everywhere but the polar regions were in habitable?

Tell me what is the probability of finding bones in a rain Forrest of hunter gatherers from 100's of thousands of years ago?

Yes my thesis was poorly written. But I have admitted this. I can't edit it.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Yes reality has produced some shockers. As a Chemist and biochemist, I tend to handle my science (or avoid handling sometimes
). A kilogram of my API is still a Kilogram of my API, Heisenberg be damned.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

IF you actually read what I wrote. I said Out of Africa is the most likely answer/scenario.

When you prove your points, or try to. We will talk. Till then ta ta

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Quantum mechanics is all well and good on the sub atomic scale. How about the molecular or larger
I'm a Synthetic Organic (and Physical Organic) Chemist. My mechanisms are approximations, my product is there no matter what.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I already did.

Main one.

Your data is incredibly limited for the time span. Also climate and habitat are a problem for preservation.

I also said ooa is the best and most researched theory.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Yet you also said you side with the multi regional theory. Post the proof.

Oh and that article on mt-Eve? No that is not evidence, it shows a lack of understanding of what she represents. As you've proven throughout the thread.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Some things like super position have been achieved on a larger scale.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

This has what to do with the OP ?

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I do because I believe human beings evolved because of knowledge vs physical traits. While it was certainly both, I believe our survival and evolution was achieved from cultural knowledge more than any animal.

I don't need to post proof. I never made a claim.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

You stated that works in the qm world ....oh never mind. Your here to argue.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

LOL - I get your point!

But you also said this about the hemoglobin gene:

Does not matter, why? There is no WHY

Shame on you! You're a good scientist. Of course it matters. There is a WHY - somebody will figure it out - because it is important.

Yes you're right about the BRCA genes, however, even if it's amplification, there is a mechanism behind that amplification. I don't necessarily believe in random processes that produce a permanent change. The WHY might be obscure, but I think it's there.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Your personal gnoses is yours. Yet you have yet to prove it so. Thus it remains a UPG and nothing more.

You are actually expected to defend your point of view in this forum. Like I said this is not the Skunk Works.

Thus beyond your belief, what proof do you have?

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

The fact it mutated is the important part, chances are we can't work out why a historical mutation first occurred. Was it a transcription error? Was it caused by a chemical or radiation based effect? Did Aliens do it (its ATS I will give the kooks a bone). What is more important than why, more importantly in these condition causing mutations is the HOW one fixes, or mitagates it.
'
In the case of the various hemoglobin mutations (there be lots) there are multiple mutations, in different spots. Some you never notice, they don't make the protein do anything too differently, its when you swap a polar for non polar, or rigid bend causing for floppy amino acid, that you get problems. First year Biochemists study the effects (on the carrier) of this. Because they are simple. Honors students get to research into the more esoteric ones. I find interactions between genes in the apoptosis scape to be more interesting. They certainly are the best chance to selectively kill cancers.

As someone who's made (for clients) experimental chemotherapy agents, I'd love to remove the toxic little blighters as the first line defense, and introduce gene silencing (to use Synthetic lethality) as the go to tool. Anyone who has made a chemotherapy agent,or reads the side effects, knows why I say this. Cat IV chemicals are no joke.

I'm a scientist in an industry, not academia. My job is to get the result. Only when my API manufacture screws up, do I go after the why. Timelines and budgets superseed the ivory tower.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

No I am not here to argue, you are reading too much into things. IF you can't keep up. Bow out.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I did prove it. Human beings survival trait is knowledge. The expansion of early humans and their communication of ideas (probably through marriage cults like in domestic scale culture) caused survival, knowledge of food and techniques of cooking and hunting passed between even different species. These things also create military tactics, building etc..

The mind is a special difference in hominids in general. As far as we know it's a huge leap. The mind and memory create padagodgy which creates dominance in our case. We learn faster than anything we know of.

I believe the passing over eons od travel and survival in many climates and disaster is what is the true evolutionary tree of humanity.

But I don't say it's true.

You have to remember our minds are not tuned the same. My flaw is pure reason. Which is a flaw if you have read people like Kant.

So yes. My biology is off.

However your what and why guides biology is not even developed IMO in relation to the mind and human knowledge in the surviva and dominance of the race.
edit on 25-10-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

No you did not prove it. You did not prove how this influence evolution. Nor did you prove this shows the mutliregional hypothesis.

You use the word belief. Sorry gnoses are not scientific arguments. This is about science.

So again, proof. Scientific proof neighbour. Do you have it? Specifics matter. Those who claim they do not, are the type of person who crashes a probe into mars because they don't know their imperial from their metric

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Lol. No you have it wrong.

I know I am not the person to create a Mars probe.

Your the guy that forgot to bring a balanced crew and they crack, or can't figure out how to communicate with an unknown "alien" because you can't "speak" the language.

I can play the ad hom game too.
But a discussion doesn't always involve proof.

Your acting like the guy the proves everything with statistics.

90 percent of us agree that's crazy.
edit on 25-10-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join