It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Debris Causing Global Warming?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: SPECULUM

Nearly 4000 man made objects are locked into perpetual orbit around the earth, reflecting and beaming concentrated energy from the Sun, helping to increase overall global temperatures, and the more we continue to launch and orbit these objects, the more concentrated our exposure and intensity of the sun?

(

Are they magnifying glasses or reflective objects? I was pretty sure most objects in orbit tumble, or spin, so wouldn't a reflective object actually DEFLECT sunlight more than radiate to Earth? it would have to be just the right angle to reflect light onto Earth while every other angle would repel the light from Earth.

when ISS and other satellites come over head they flare extremely bright light,. Sometimes so bright its blinding if looking through a lens. Its seems most all space objects have very shiny mirror like surfaces and most of the larger stuff can be seen with the naked eye at night as they pass over
edit on 12-7-2015 by SPECULUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SPECULUM

They flare. What does that mean? It means the light is not continuous. What does that mean?

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

They flare. What does that mean? It means the light is not continuous. What does that mean?

It means that where ever the sun is always shining, So does the debris.

So if the sun is always shining on the north and south poles... that's all it requires

edit on 13-7-2015 by SPECULUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   

the Sun is always shining on the North and South Poles.

No, it's not, and I am beginning to lose patience with your determined embrace of ignorance. You are simply wrong. The idea that space debris warms Earth is nothing short of imbecilic.

edit on 13/7/15 by Astyanax because: enough is enough.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Nearly 4000 man made objects are locked into perpetual orbit around the earth, reflecting and beaming concentrated energy from the Sun, helping to increase overall global temperatures, and the more we continue to launch and orbit these objects, the more concentrated our exposure and intensity of the sun?

(

Are they magnifying glasses or reflective objects? I was pretty sure most objects in orbit tumble, or spin, so wouldn't a reflective object actually DEFLECT sunlight more than radiate to Earth? it would have to be just the right angle to reflect light onto Earth while every other angle would repel the light from Earth.

when ISS and other satellites come over head they flare extremely bright light,. Sometimes so bright its blinding if looking through a lens. Its seems most all space objects have very shiny mirror like surfaces and most of the larger stuff can be seen with the naked eye at night as they pass over

Tell me, exactly how long is the ISS visible every night to you?

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   

So if the sun is always shining on the north and south poles... that's all it requires

You do know the earth is tilted about 23° on average making that literally impossible right?

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

So you are saying that the miniscule amount of mans garbage in space, is not affecting the climate?

Are you some kind of Space Debris Denier?

Then you are really not going to like my idea of taxing Space Debris

and trading in Space Debris Credits.........

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

No, it's not, and I am beginning to lose patience with your determined embrace of ignorance. You are simply wrong. The idea that space debris warms Earth is nothing short of imbecilic.

Imbecilic?

Aren't you the one that stated that space debris would shield the earth from sunlight?

You're the pot calling the kettle black.........

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

the Sun is always shining on the North and South Poles.

And you know this how?
How do You know?...I asked the question in my Op and you've proved nothing. Wheres your Facts?

Its because you know nothing
edit on 13-7-2015 by SPECULUM because: of Sally

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

No, it's because the entire idea is utterly absurd to begin with.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: admirethedistance

Yes you are

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: dusty1

Aren't you the one that stated that space debris would shield the earth from sunlight?

Yes, that was me. But let's take a look at what I actually wrote.

Astyanax
a shell of debris round the Earth would shield it from sunlight

Are you telling me that's wrong?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: admirethedistance

Yes you are

My, what a witty, clever response! Did you learn that on the playground during recess?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join