It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underhanded Advertisements

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
It never fails recently when i load up the main page to log in a AD with the X hidden comes up and blocks the LOG IN BUTTON. You cant do nothing but reload th epage and hope it does not pop up again. Will Someone fix these things or at least tell th eadvertisers to stop placing them offset?

edit on 7/11/2015 by semperfortis because: Corrected all CAPS

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
It never fails recently when i load up the main page to log in a AD with the X hidden comes up and blocks the LOG IN BUTTON. You cant do nothing but reload th epage and hope it does not pop up again. Will Someone fix these things or at least tell th eadvertisers to stop placing them offset?

I would think that the HTML is placed in situ by the website.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa Ihaven't seen the diet pepsi max game in about 5 days, but that one is the worst. The jeep one can be as bad. You have to refresh to remove it. I don't think it's on purpose though. What company or ad server would want you very mad at them? ATS would not want you mad at the ads. I think there was another post about this in board business.
Where SO asks about problem ads.

edit on 11-7-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

Here it is SO's aad hitlist

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
They do it on purpose. The more loads the more $$$. It really is sneaky and really should be illegal
because it limits your movements on a public website, which shouldn't be allowed.

The citizen and consumer has lost WAY too much power in this world and the corporations and Governments have WAY too much of it. But that's because of the citizens and consumers --they never complain and they just put up with it thinking they can't do anything about it. But they can. But never will.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

If thats the case then maybe the admin can force th eads to shrink or be smaller? or better yet force the X/close icon to where it can be pressed.

@relda. I suspect SO might be un aware and I post outside that thread to specifically get attention after my post there in that thread has been over looked. Its not a dig at anyone though. they are busy and i totally get it.

edit on 15000000pppm by yuppa because: wanted to claify s view.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa
True. Might help

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Please Use This Thread for complaining about ADs

Closing

Thank you

new topics

top topics

join