It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's all pray this idea for hellish airplane seating never becomes a reality

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Chiming in here: Not a fan. I would avoid an airline which had seating like this.

If it were only with my friends and family, sure...total strangers?

No thanks.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
That picture was claustrophobia inducing. It was a trigger I'll probably need therapy now. Who do I blame?

Joking aside, I couldn't imagine paying to fly like that, might as well get a swarm of drones to carry me around instead, or just fedex me across the country, couple of holes in the box, yeah.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: jonnywhite

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
This is the future.
Too many people.
Corporations treating you like cattle.

Get used to it,or find another rock to live on.

Depressed lately?

I don't think I am depressed,but I hope I am,for all our sakes.
If my vision of the future is what happens,depression will be the least of our worries.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
To me it does not look much different than taking a commuter train where you get four people (2 facing 2) on two flip over seats.

This was funny:

It imagines a future in which the legs and arms of strangers on a connecting flight to Atlanta are constantly grazing one another.

They do now. 3 people, 6 arms, 4 armrests. You do the math.

edit on 10-7-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

They are also looking into vertical seating. I can only imagine how bad of a wedgie you would haver after the flight.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 15731America/ChicagoFri, 10 Jul 2015 14:15:32 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
I saw where someone had a patent for standing up like on a subway...

That was Ryanair and probably a joke since you can't stuff more than 189 souls into a B737-800.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42
Also known as the "guantanamo stress position" seating arrangement.
Think I will pass.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ivar_Karlsen

you can't stuff more than 189 souls into a B737-800.

So that means you can infinitely stuff every politician in the world into a B737-800, if souls is the only limitation.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

They would fit in a shot glass at that point.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Exactly, lol
I can only imagine how much money they spent in studies to see what the public thinks about this arrangement when in the end the Airline Oligopoly could care less.

edit on 27731America/ChicagoFri, 10 Jul 2015 14:27:54 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

looks like a frequent flyer I've seen an airport

today people want bigger more comfortable seating not 'too close' for comfort

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Its crazy ain't it?
I would last approx 5 mins with my dodgy back before I started complaining.
Of course that would be when the hostess comes and drugs me up and puts me in restraints for disturbing the other "happy"passengers.

They had it better long ago in the era of zeppelins-OK they used the wrong gas in those days,but now we could use non flammables-execpt people need to arrive in hours rather than days in our time of instant everything.

We are doing it wrong IMO.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

originally posted by: Ivar_Karlsen

you can't stuff more than 189 souls into a B737-800.

So that means you can infinitely stuff every politician in the world into a B737-800, if souls is the only limitation.

The limitation is that you cant evacuate more than 189 passengers within the required 90 seconds.

Edited to add: In case of an emergency where you have to get everybody out right away.
edit on 10-7-2015 by Ivar_Karlsen because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-7-2015 by Ivar_Karlsen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

I can only imagine what the next more economical progression will be.

edit on 42731America/ChicagoFri, 10 Jul 2015 14:42:07 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
That picture was claustrophobia inducing. It was a trigger I'll probably need therapy now. Who do I blame?

Joking aside, I couldn't imagine paying to fly like that, might as well get a swarm of drones to carry me around instead, or just fedex me across the country, couple of holes in the box, yeah.

Never mind the claustrophobia, all those aircraft are/were, (especially Lord king's version of BA), those 727's are/were like sardine cans. Besides, what about a crash? where are you going to stick your head...in somebody else's crotch? or is it a case of kissing somebody else's ass goodbye

Anyway, talking about crash, what happened to the thinking that everyone should be seated facing opposite the direction of travel to "improve survivability" Those aircraft researchers must like to do comedy as well.

edit on 10-7-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
Its crazy ain't it?

They had it better long ago in the era of zeppelins-OK they used the wrong gas in those days,but now we could use non flammables-execpt people need to arrive in hours rather than days in our time of instant everything.

We are doing it wrong IMO.

Agreed, fly all over the world stuck in these stupid tubes..and see next to nothing, and, they want to build even faster planes with no windys at all...give me the supertrains anyday.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
"I got the idea when I dropped a box of plastic forks" - inventor of this thing.
Is it just me or is this the same basic seating scheme they already use, with the middle row turned around and offset? The only real difference is that you're in direct visual contact with two people in addition to still having two peoples heads next to you. 4 strangers instead of 2. Every passenger becomes part of a system of overlapping pentagrams of unwelcome interaction. I sense a conspiracy.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

Good one!

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Yeah and I chuckle when I have to pay $100 extra (over thje $150 I already paid for him) at the gate to fly my one pound dog because the price of fuel went up a penny.

Also, FYI, the low price thing? Not real.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
What about the fifth element.

You get in a bigger than luggage compartment, while cris rock in drag is off bangin a random air waitress.

ALL POSITIONS!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join