It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All people are sinners.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: danielsil18

I dont meant to say you are wrong...just giving a word that fits the description...you're talking to a guy whose ultimate deity is a musical instrument.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Benderisfunny

Awesome! I wish you and your family all the best. That's, exactly, what I do also. I have all mine close, that's what matters to me. Not silly scripture from eons ago. Na, right now, family, money, good vibes! In the end........I deal when I hit that. All good and positive vibes laced with diamonds!! Live Life! No restraints. Only Good Vibes and Times! If, I can change it, I will. If I cant........Oh Well! Stay Lifted!

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: C21H30O2I

Its reassuring to me that the people here, yourself included are not, as a group, up in arms and starting up the old persecution train...I can't believe this simple complaint about a guy screaming at me in guitar center could have ended up as such a satisfying topic of discussion. I just want to thank everyone here for being as restrained and understanding as they have!! GrEat group of people for a philosophical/theological discussion!!!!!!

edit on 10-7-2015 by Benderisfunny because: Typo

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

** quite right ricky. all the most interesting people are going to hell, so we will be happy to join them 😊 since g-d made everyone imperfect, he cant be so smart himself, and from what ive heard heaven is full of goat-fornicating homosexuals, so we can safely give that a miss ...

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Depends on what you call a sin. Not everyone has the same opinion as to what constitutes a sin. I think I am far from perfect, but not everything I do that is wrong is a sin by definition under the religious doctrine. I do not think religion is necessary. To many that is a sin. The concept of heaven and hell is just semantics for 1/0, good/bad, +/-, yin/yang, etc.

There is no proof that can be offered by any religion to the existence of heaven or hell, so I wouldn't worry about it to much.

We all are given the ability to understand right from wrong. We do not need 10 commandments.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree
This was all framed around what some old guy was going off on me for, and I was relating it to that context. sort of using Christianity as a frame of reference for what somesome, like that old guy would consider to be sin. For me personally, it comes down to simple common sense and courtesy.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Depends on how you define sin. There is subjective sin and then there is objective sin.

Subjective sin is how some people think something is wrong since it is not their preference.

Objective sin is where every the action is measured on how it effect the whole creation and is found to create suffering to the majority for the good minority/single.

Some souls do try to avoid objective sinning to limit suffering they cause in others and try to increase helping others so suffering becomes less.

As long as I do not screw up to badly this life and lessen suffering more than the suffering I create then I will be happy with this life. Every soul that do that is a hero in my way of thinking. I have meet some souls that are doing a really heavy lifting when it comes to easing of suffering and those souls I just want to hug when I see them. They shine so much on all levels.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benderisfunny
It seems as though there is a real battle going on between Christians and everybody else on this forum. Personally, I am non spiritual to the point that atheism is to organized a religion for me. But if I were to cast myself in the light of how a christian is supposed to live, I would have to judge myself a sinner. Too bad it seems as though people who publicly cast themselves in that light want to scream about everybody else's sins and shortcomings without first looking to themselves. All are humans, no one is perfect, and from my experience in the pentecostal church, this tends to be overlooked. That being said, if hell does exist, I fully expect to see 99.9% of humanity burning right along wit me. In other words, see you in hell, cause that's where we are all going.

Sinners, yes. Hell, no.

Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." Apparently, God didn't make Hell, or He would have said so, yes?

John 1:3 "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made." If God didn't make Hell, no one else did either.

There you have it, Hell refuted in ten seconds.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: MasterKaman

** quite right ricky. all the most interesting people are going to hell, so we will be happy to join them 😊 since g-d made everyone imperfect, he cant be so smart himself, and from what ive heard heaven is full of goat-fornicating homosexuals, so we can safely give that a miss ...

Yeah, wool makes me itch, don't want to be going to a place full of sheep.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

You Got It! I don't want to hurt a soul. I just want to live my life to the fullest! And I don't want to get caught up with to much out of my control! Worrying, whether , you're living your life, like others expect or words expect, Nah, I wish everyone riches! I used to bellyache about this and that. Right or wrong, living under a watching eye. Done, with all that. Me and mine, Friends, Love, and good times. Right Now! that's all that matters to me. After all of this? We'll see. No worries, Don't care, Right now, I know I'm good, I feel good. If, someone wants to take my free spirit away in the end, Bring it.

I live for right now, this immediate location. If, I can change it, ya know I will. If I cant........Roll On! Thanks for this post. I wish, ya all health and wealth!....> Stay Lifted!

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Spot On! I don't know anyone, going the way of pearly gates. All, everyone of them is going south of heaven....If, you live by the book..I'm changing the game I play. Gonna play my way. and It, feels great.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Jesus said he came for sinners
not for the self-righteous

Way to twist your LORD's words!

31And Jesus answered and said to them, "It is not those who are well who need a physician, but those who are sick. 32"I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance."

According to Jesus, he also walked among righteous individuals, like his mother, Mary, and father, Joseph, and of course, John the Baptist.

This is the account of Noah and his family. Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked faithfully with God.

Truly I tell you, among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist

not for the perfect

48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

not for the judgmental

Yes, Jesus, supposedly, came for the judgmental sinners too.

As a matter of fact,
Jesus said that those people
WILL go to hell.

Nope.

edit on 10-7-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

a reply to: grandmakdw

I know its not everyone, and I have become a better person for forsaking that group of people. Again, does no one see that I always say most, and not all, and only compare to my experience? I realize there are good people who are christian. There are good people who are of all faiths. Its just hard to reconcile with personal experience.

I understand. Really.

Your experience would be extremely hard to reconcile from.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

a reply to: DISRAELI

Just putting it into the context the old man at guitar center was yelling about. If all sinners go to hell, as he was yelling, and we are all sinners, by his logic we all go to hell. There may be other outcomeoutcomes, but that is not what he was yelling, and not what the church tried to beat into me. Understand, I don't even believe in an afterlife. To me, we are walking fertilizer until we die. We do what we do, then its over. Just like fish, or or trees.

What he said was true. We are all sinners. You. Me. Everyone else who posts here. No one is perfect or free from sin.

Only one man ever was - Christ. That's why His work on the cross was so important. He died and rose. He was perfect and blameless of all sin, and through that, we may all be forgiven. But it's a two-way street. He waits to forgive, but we have to accept that sacrifice and that truth, and we have to go on seeking forgiveness and being humble before Him.

It's the second half of the equation. Otherwise, He says Himself that even though they may call on Him, He will spit them out saying He knew them not. I wonder which side of the coin that man in the guitar shop and your parents and former preacher will be on. Perhaps they have repented; perhaps not. I can't say.

So no, not every sinner will go to Hell.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Christ could have sinned when no one was looking.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: danielsil18
a reply to: ketsuko

Christ could have sinned when no one was looking.

Had He, He would not have risen.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
The Christian faith starts on the basis that all people are sinners.
But that doesn't have to lead into "all people end up in hell". Other outcomes are possible.

And I, an athetist, believe all beings are born perfect.

Hmm interesting n'cest pas?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd
That leaves you having to explain why everything goes wrong afterwards.
If we look at the human race and the way it runs the world, something has obviously gone wrong somewhere.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Or, everything is as it's supposed to be.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: windword
The state of war in Gaza and many other places around the world is a very odd definition of "everything is as it's supposed to be".
But each to their own taste, I suppose.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join