It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Americans live under a type of marshall law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I'm asking this since the American military and the US govt supported marshall law under the
The Philippines During Martial Law

sad to say, but i believe American warlords believe in one thing, conquer but don't defeat.
edit on 0700000018282015-07-10T08:28:18-05:00281807am8 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
I'm asking this since the American military and the US govt supported marshall law under the

sad to say, but i believe American warlords believe in one thing, conquer but don't defeat.

You may want to edit a bit. It's Martial law.

Martial law is the imposition of the highest-ranking military officer as the military governor or as the head of the government, thus removing all power from the previous executive, legislative, and judicial branches of government.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: musicismagic

You may want to edit a bit. It's Martial law.

Martial law is the imposition of the highest-ranking military officer as the military governor or as the head of the government, thus removing all power from the previous executive, legislative, and judicial branches of government.

I tried to edit.

Anyway, I lived there and was stationed there during that time. I believe it can happen to the streets of American through fear.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I like marshall amps, but I have a crate.

As for martial law, nope!

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

I like marshall amps, but I have a crate.

As for martial law, nope!

I 've got a Marshall amp too. A 1985 with some bad ass brit made celestions.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
As long as the McDonalds and other fast food outlets are functioning, many Americans won't notice the difference.

As long as the NFL, baseball and basket ball matches are all up and running, Americans won't care.

Stick all their movements on a computer called JADE2 and they will happily 'FaceStalk' their way into the JADE2 Prism (Prison) holding a burger in one hand, a 6Pack in the other and watching X-Factor.
edit on 10-7-2015 by Tristran because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

They already do. Not so you notice, though, if you go with the 'program'.

But really, where can you go and sit, stand, park or sleep without it being someone else's property? You can do anything you want, just don't stand, sit, park or sleep too long in one place.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

They already do. Not so you notice, though, if you go with the 'program'.

But really, where can you go and sit, stand, park or sleep without it being someone else's property? You can do anything you want, just don't stand, sit, park or sleep too long in one place.

And all Americans break federal law every day

www.washingtonsblog.com...
www.cracked.com...

That makes the government able to arrest anyone at any time, Martial Law.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Thanks for the links. I agree, we are all in trouble at some time or other. My post was directed more at the "homeless" aspect. Average people break the law six times a day, impoverished people break the law six times an hour.

I also note not to be out on the street too late, just like in Marshall law. After midnight its just you and the cops out there. They will find you. You will be accosted.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The US is much to large with far to many people for any type of martial law. They could pull it off in a city maybe for a short time but, the US simply is not capable of enforcing anything at a national level. Not to mention the devastating effects on the economy and the massive costs. And of course, what would be the point?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

They don't call it Marshall Law anymore, they call it "Lockdown", just like in prison.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Forget Marshall law, I'd rather live under Lily Rule. Yes, that's HIMYM joke.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I think we can. As long as Martial Law is enacted in the right places and for the right reasons.

First and foremost I think people must understand that Martial Law isn't designed to inhibit civilians and prevent them from living 'free' lives. But rather, it is designed to obtain control in an otherwise hostile environment.

There is a lot of violence in todays streets. - And I cam assure you, that many other countries have it MUCH worse.

There is a growing, and valid concern in regards to Terrorism; whether it be domestic or stemming from other countries etc. -and not only that, but there is so much gang violence throughout the U.S. that it seems to be borderline unstoppable. (for lack of a better word) But in retrospect - when we look at something such as the Baltimore Riots earlier this year; innocent civilians were being prevented from going about their daily lives, and Business owners were losing money and having their property destroyed.

I can go on and on about this - But in conclusion Martial Law isn't about a 'Gestapo' type Police Force rounding up innocent people; for the sake of imprisoning them and/or sending them to a 'FEMA' camp, or whatever... It's more about protecting the countries assets and its massive population - The USA is a big county! and I shouldn't have to tell you that if a hell breaks loose, and the population craves revolution and wants to revolt against the machine - in the form of Criminal activity, etc. - I would have ZERO problems with having a Militarized Police force coming in a handle it. It's as simple as that!

edit on 10-7-2015 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Most people would not have a problem with it, and the one's that know it is wrong and want to be free will be labeled as terrorists and traitors and sent to a camp or disappear. .

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
That depends how you define "live". Survive? Yes. Continue our lives, feeding ourselves, having children...yes. Enjoying freedom, practicing the right to free speech, being opinionated, etc...NO WAY!

top topics

join