It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two dead in drive-by shooting Crazed gunman in convertible Mercedes opens fire in Bavaria

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You know my story, this brings back bad memories...

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
maybe it was his initiation into the bavarian crips or something

Verbrecherleben

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: YouPeople

Yes, and with that here's the headline: Two dead in drive-by shooting Crazed gunman in convertible Mercedes opens fire in Bavaria

On trying to hijack the thread yet again to the US and gun politics. Never mind the tragedy eh, what about you? You just crowbar yourself into the topic, nice. It frames your mindset well.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Mark Harris

Nope you got me wrong. I just wade through the BS and point out hypocrisy .

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Or there is that narrow minded backwards "we love the amendments so much we want to sleep with them on a regular basis" mindset that you Americans have that us Europeans do not have, nor do we want.

Things like this are rare over here, but they do happen, and usually with legally owned weapons, gun control does work....it may not for the US because "even ur grandmamma is packin'", but it works for us.

The worst part is, what "guns" we can own isn't that different to what you can own in the US, we just think differently, more civilised in my own opinion.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

Yeah we sleep with our rights because we enjoy them and don't give them over needlessly.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

As long as you make them breakfast in the morn with a cup of tea, and a courtesy wipe.....

I have no problem with US gun control, what works for you is your own prerogative, and if it keeps your funeral directors in a job then pip pip tallyho, those kids would have just grown up sprouting more gun loving maniacs people.

ETA: I'm sorry Greathouse, I've been drinking and I'm probably not the most civil when doing so. I have nothing against the USA, or its people, I just have a difference of opinion in these matters, I've been on the bad end of a gun massacre over here and it's a touchy subject at the best of times.
edit on 12/7/15 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk

As long as you make them breakfast in the morn with a cup of tea, and a courtesy wipe.....

I have no problem with US gun control, what works for you is your own prerogative, and if it keeps your funeral directors in a job then pip pip tallyho, those kids would have just grown up sprouting more gun loving maniacs people.

Look , I just reported my own post. I seem to be the center of attention and it is taking this thread off-topic . So I asked Staff to remove it .

If you would care to start a different thread on the subject I would be more than happy to engage you .

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Read my edit in the previous post

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Mod note:

Stick to the topic, folks. This is not about America and the Second Amendment no matter how anyone tries to spin it.

Thanks

Do not reply to this post

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Your read drive by and you think parts of cali or Compton or somewhere in drug cartel controlled Mexico, but looking at those houses your like wait a minute are those gingerbread houses, they actually exist. Bavaria is a pretty picturesque place indeed.

But dam, it seems the rate of crazy is ramping up, or it could be just the ease news travels now a days in our digital age and how every piece of bad news makes front page. Take your pick I suppose. Not even going to bother to read farther into why this happened, to much drama and such stories per day I seem to run into constantly and consistently, decided to keep them at a minimum of 5 per day. This has just reached the maximum.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Well the first question that should be asked but hasn't been yet is, was this man on anti-depressant drugs? I don't believe a normal, healthy human is capable of this. There should be a sub-human class to throw these animals in. However, there is a clear correlation between acts like this and people on drugs for depression.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
My condolences to the victims. Unfortunately this is a story we hear all too often here in USA, in my large metro area, we have had four children wounded or killed since the first of the year. I am happy to hear this is a rare ocuurance in Europe.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Was there any more information as to a motive? I'm curious, because we really don't hear this sort of thing happening often in Europe (and I actually pay attention to the world news, not just whatever American nonsense is flooding everyone's newsfeed). I was even more surprised to read Bavaria. In my mind, outside of war history, it is a serene and peaceful place.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Suspect is 46, was let go from his convalescent-home job about two months before. Upon arrest he started talking crazy, so they took him to the psych ward, where he will stay for about six weeks for evaluation. Nothing about any motive.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

Thanks for the update. I'll keep an eye on it I suppose.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: spacemanjupiter

That's a question rather a few people would love to know the answer to considering antidepressants/antipsychotics have been known to create a chemical imbalance in the brain leading to impairment regarding our mental state and being a contributing factor regarding incidents such as this in the past.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 13-7-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Updated info:

www.sueddeutsche.de...

--The suspect(47, not 46 as I reported earlier) has been having mental issues for over ten years, according to documents found in his home.
--Despite this, he has been a member of the local gun club since 2008.
--The suspect has not waived his right to doctor-patient confidentiality, thus police are unable to interview his shrinks.
--In his residence, owned by his parents, police found 18 cannabis plants growing.
--After his arrest, police found 200 rounds of ammo in his car.

--------------------

Given his long association with the mental health system, I think we can assume he was on one of the SSRI/SSDI group of drugs.

/
edit on 13-7-2015 by starviego because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join