It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids locked up (by Judge) for refusing to have lunch with dad

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

This might be slightly off topic but you should see where i am headed . Quite a while back i recall seeing a program that followed "bad kids" who either by choice or other went to the big persons gaol for 24 hours , these kids although separated from the general population "just" were told in no uncertain terms by the inmates what would happen to them if they ever showed up there again . Oddly enough almost all of them never re offended again . Not saying that is the case here but i suspect there is a whole lot more to this , you know , stuff that wouldn't make a good story .

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622
You mean scared straight the documentary that first aired in the late 70's,and the current tv version beyond scared straight?
if that's the one,it may work some kids,but for most it's just prep school for future criminals..

Anyway back on topic..Like others have said I'm curious to know if the Judge is getting a kickback to throw these kids in juvi detention center..All that would do is traumatize them.Especially if they're good kids whose only crime was disobeying there father.Those kids should at least be with a temporary foster family until this custody fight is over.

edit on 10-7-2015 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
It sounds like the mom is a psycho and this was done to get the children away from her. It seems like it's a sketchy way to go about it, but perhaps it was the quickest way to get the kids away from the mom. If it's been ordered that the mother can't see the kids in the facility I would definitely think there is a lot more to this story. Right on Annee.

Right. Obviously the judge thinks the kids have been brainwashed by the mother against the father, but he's the judge...he doesn't need to send them to jail he could just order them into HIS custody, or put them in a home NOT juvie.

It doesn't make sense, unless he just wants to scare them into seeing their father.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Oh agree there is more to it as well. For the judge to compare the 15 year old to Manson and his cult, and how he's disrespectful, something else *has* to be going on with the kid, but I don't know what it is.

And I recall those tv shows you mentioned. So either the kids *do* have some serious issues with authority and behavior that the mother might be enabling their behavior and that he feels the father can help, or he is getting some kind of kickback.

Why juvie vs a home???

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: LiquesenceThe Judge DOES say that the children have been brainwashed, and even though they ARE minors, it doesn't seem legal for him to order them to have lunch.

Why wouldn't this seem legal? If a judge can order parents to visit children, why can't a judge order children to visit parents? While I think the judge was out of line with the punishment, I don't see a problem with this, at least until a certain age is reached.

I went through a pretty nasty divorce when I was 9 (hell, my dad had to move out of our house on my 9th birthday...talk about a chip on my shoulder that lasted a while--I still hate celebrating my birthday), but if I had listened to and believed some of the things that my mom said about my dad, I never would have wanted to see him, either. But, as it turns out, by the time I was 12 and able to choose with which parent I wanted to live, I chose my dad (not out of disdain for my mom, but because I was tired of moving around and not living where my childhood friends were).

Like I said, the punishment doesn't seem to fit the crime, but at the same time, if you don't enforce court orders, you set a very bad precedent. But, I think something like state-supervised visitations would have been a little better first step.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
IMHO....Kids are pretty good judges of those who say they care about them. They can see thru the BS a little easier than the clouded minded adult. Either mom has poisioned the relationship well for dad. Or dad's a pure dick. The only person that can ruin your relationship with your child is YOU. Kids = weapons of divorce....almost everytime.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Why wouldn't this seem legal? If a judge can order parents to visit children, why can't a judge order children to visit parents?

Are you sure you are not thinking a judge can order a parent to allow visitation.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Geez. This kinda scares me. My 4 year old daughter does not want to visit with her dad. She cries and hides when he comes to pick her up. I encourage her and try to convince her, but my mother's intuition is telling me there's a reason she doesn't want to go, a good reason, but I'm not going to assume what it is. There has been issues before with his parenting and since he is legally able to take her for visits I let him know what she wants and I leave the decision up to him. It's honesty a tough thing for the children and the parents.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ckhk3

Wow, yeah that's really suspect, that she cries and hides.

Have you ever asked her why she acts like that?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: greydaze

You mean scared straight the documentary that first aired in the late 70's,

Although the title definitely sounds familiar i seem to recall it having something to do with 60 minutes Australia . Perhaps it was promoted there .

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Yes I've asked her, and she doesn't give me a straight answer, she also lies about her reasons ( I can tell how she answers the questions because she'll smirk) because she doesn't want me to encourage her more. He's not physically or verbally abusing her, so that's not the reason. Her dad is actually great when he wants to be, but can be very selfish and doesnt make the smartest parenting decisions. I think she just doesnt like the guy and would rather be with me. She doesn't even call him dad but instead calls him by his first name. Maybe when she's older she'll want to see him more.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Well, this is something interesting that I dug up. It's article titled Exclusive Interview: Dad Whose Kids Were ‘Locked Up for Not Having Lunch With Him’

After the ruling, the media lambasted the judge’s decision, uniformly painting Ms. Tsimhoni as the victim and accepting the narrative that the kids were institutionalized for missing lunch. Adding to that impression was Ms. Tsimhoni herself. After the kids were taken from her, Ms. Tsimhoni launched a media blitz, for example telling Detroit’s Fox affiliate that she “felt like I was watching them be executed.”

As with all divorces, however, there are at least two sides to this story. And Mr. Tsimhoni, who has yet to be heard from, has now broken his silence, sharing with the Observer a painful tale of a marital split, a tale that will be familiar to many parents who have felt that their children have been “turned against them” by a spouse following a split.

Looks like this psycho woman used the media to paint a picture of a messed up judge who took her kids away from her and would not allow her or her family to see them while in custody.

Mr. Tsimhoni spoke to the Observer at length. “I’m in shock by what’s happening. My ex-wife lost in court after many times she was warned and as a result she just went out to the media to put pressure on the judge or overrule the judge.

The parents have joint custody, with the mother having physical custody, but the kids refuse to see their dad.

“She is poisoning them, and the judge realized that,” Omer Tsimhoni said.
AJC

Asked what the children thought Mr. Tsimhoni might have done to earn the silent treatment, he searched his memory bank. All he could come up with was the following anecdote . . .

“The one incident that happened was five years ago I had a five-hour unsupervised visit. We were in a park and Maya was circling around the park the whole time, trying to sabotage the visit. Two hours into the visit, the children ended up in her car and she was trying to leave. I tried to prevent her from leaving because it was my time with the children. I was very careful not to do anything but she claimed that I pushed her. She screamed at the children, ‘Call 911! Call 911!’ The police showed up and Maya was screaming and the police confirmed that nothing happened. But in the children’s mind, that’s what happened.”

From that moment on, the children, led by the oldest sibling, have resisted all contact with Mr. Tsimhoni.

Oh divorce, and the nasty things parents will do. It's such a shame kids are put in the middle of everything.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Are you sure you are not thinking a judge can order a parent to allow visitation.

Yes, I'm sure.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Welp, that dad just lost his kids for life. If they didnt like him before, they must want him dead now.

What a dumb world.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Maybe dad is an a hole..I cant believe this sh$t..land of the free.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Actually my reading of it in the local papers the mother has done everything she could to screw things up. Sh always created the problem and now has refused the court orders many times. If the father had acted that way he would have been in jail long ago. The judge did the best he could to get their attention.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Dumbass judge should have ordered counseling to get to the root of things if anything, not jail time. Moron, way to set their feelings in stone, Judge Dipsh&^%.

Regardless of which parent is to blame, plunking kids in a scary environment as a punishment for not wanting to see the other parent is just going to make things significantly worse. Bitterness & anger, when allowed to fester, is like a point of no return.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I just wanted to point out that the judge is a female. ...and everybody's calling her a male.

Carry on...

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

I know two close friends that were fingered by their former wives as having did "things" to their joint children. The guys had absolutely no contact with the kids and they were poisoned by the mothers to the effect it was not until the kids starting thinking on their own that they reconciled with their dads. Meanwhile, one maligned father is still paying on 36k of lawyer and court costs and the other fled to Mexico.

The father's have rights that are trampled by every one.

Oh, I forgot to add that neither of my friends were officially charge such that they were arrested or went to any criminal court because of the accusations by the former wives. In these cases, it is an important factor as far I'm concerned that the family never split up because of the accusations but they came later in the custody battles which the women almost always win.

A friend of mine ended up killing himself a couple years ago over this sort of stuff. Him and his wife got into a divorce and the divorce was pretty brutal. Long story short, the guys wife left him for one of the guys friends. Then his now ex wife started showing up at his workplace and causing scenes until the company fired him to get rid of his ex wife causing issues. Because the guy was unemployed while his ex wife was in a "stable" home with a well paid husband she got full custody of the kids. The guy gets himself a new job, but his ex moves out of state so any custody battle becomes more difficult. He gets a lot of money in savings, jumps through several hoops, and tries to challenge the court order. His ex wife however told their son a bunch of nasty stories about their dad and he wanted absolutely nothing to do with him, and the judge kept full custody with the mother because of the childs wishes. The last thing his ex wife said to him was something about the power she had, and how she was able to make it so their son would never see or speak to him again.

A couple weeks later the guy made some homemade thermite, and lit himself on fire on his lawn because he couldn't take it anymore.

For what it's worth, at his funeral the ex wife showed up and mocked the guys family, and bragged about how she was a better person because she drove him to suicide... a real class act.

A better family court system could have solved some of these issues.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join