It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids locked up (by Judge) for refusing to have lunch with dad

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Ok, I'm almost at a loss for words on this one.

A Michigan judge sent three children to a juvenile detention facility after they refused to make an effort to have a relationship with their father, reports CBS Detroit.

Oakland County Circuit Judge Lisa Gorcyca last month declared the children -- ages 9, 10, 15 -- in civil contempt of court. The children were then taken into custody and hauled off to Children's Village, a detention and treatment facility in Pontiac for youth.

I mean, WOW. A NINE and TEN year old. LINK

A judge ordering kids to have try to maintain a relationship with their father, and when they refuse he sends then to a POS juvenile detention center????

The children's parents, Maya Eibschitz-Tsimhoni and Omer Tsimhoni, have been entangled in a bitter divorce for six years

During a June 24 hearing, Judge Gorcyca told the children that their father has "gone through hoops" to maintain a relationship with them, despite having issues with their mother. The judge reportedly insisted the children make an effort to talk to their father, who suggested they have lunch together. Still, the children refused, according to the station.

"I ordered you to talk to your father. You chose not to talk to your father. You defied a direct court order. It's direct contempt so I'm finding you guilty of civil contempt," Gorcyca told the 15-year-old boy in court that day, according to the Oakland Press

. . .

The 9-year-old boy and 10-year-old girl also refused to have a meal with their father

Now, I've been through and see nasty divorces, and I know that one parent can poison the minds of their children about the other parents (I've seen it first hand), but this is just crazy. The Judge DOES say that the children have been brainwashed, and even though they ARE minors, it doesn't seem legal for him to order them to have lunch.

The Judge then goes on to compare the eldest child to Charles Manson and his cult. I don't know what's going on with this teen, but for the judge to compare him to Manson?

This is quite a situation: The children are apparently brainwashed against their father, the children ARE minors and therefore are NOT able to legally make decisions for themselves for the most part, so where's the line? Juvenile is a BAD place, and it certainly won't do do anything unless he is simply trying to scare them.

This is messed up.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Especially as the kids just seem to be pawns in the parents divorce war.Silly decision from judge.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
He probably did it to make the parents sort themselves out, kinda shock them into it, but to send the kids to such a place is just wrong! He's punishing the kids for their parents mistakes.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
That's probably the craziest thing I've heard in ...a couple hours. These poor kids, I'm at a loss for words.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Sick. It makes me wonder if the Judge gets kickbacks from a privatized Juvie facility... It happens. The more numbers a facility has, the more dollars they get from the government (our tax dollars). So we are paying to have these kids locked up and put through hell.

Irresponsible parenting? Brainwashing? Very possible. Judge going overboard? I would say yes.

- AB

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

I'm not sure how this would do anything regarding the parents, though. He ordered the kids held separately and their mother is not allowed to visit. And if he IS doing to to get the parents to work something out, then they're being used as pawns and that's just wrong.

I think it's just an attempt to scare them into interacting with their father, since there's another hearing July 15, but still uncalled for to lock them up, IMO.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Yes, remember the Judge in, I think, Florida, who was getting kickbacks for sending kids to juvie.

Irresponsible parenting? Brainwashing? Very possible. Judge going overboard? I would say yes.

Totally.

ETA:

My bad, this happened in Pennsylvania, but the judge is serving sentence in Florida. Kids for cash

edit on 9-7-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

Sick. It makes me wonder if the Judge gets kickbacks from a privatized Juvie facility... It happens. The more numbers a facility has, the more dollars they get from the government (our tax dollars). So we are paying to have these kids locked up and put through hell.

- AB

I was thinking the same thing.

www.forbes.com...

www.independent.co.uk...
edit on 9-7-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Anyone that's actually been through the family court system would read this and say 'meh'. The judges are able to do pretty much anything they want. This doesn't surprise me. They think they have some special insight into the situation and play God. It's screwed up. All family court does is ruin lives.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I know two close friends that were fingered by their former wives as having did "things" to their joint children. The guys had absolutely no contact with the kids and they were poisoned by the mothers to the effect it was not until the kids starting thinking on their own that they reconciled with their dads. Meanwhile, one maligned father is still paying on 36k of lawyer and court costs and the other fled to Mexico.

The father's have rights that are trampled by every one.

Oh, I forgot to add that neither of my friends were officially charge such that they were arrested or went to any criminal court because of the accusations by the former wives. In these cases, it is an important factor as far I'm concerned that the family never split up because of the accusations but they came later in the custody battles which the women almost always win.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Looks like we have another judge dipping his fingers in the $$$ pot.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Next thing you know people will be suing their ex for breaking up with them. Can't wait to see the judge say "I ordered you to work it out and remain in a relationship"

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
This does appear to be a judge cashing in on the kickbacks.....the laws are so different from country to country ,where i am family court orders are not worth the paper they are printed on.....

Either way the judge is out of line with this kind of ruling...punishing the kids for the parents mistakes is a recipe for disaster ....

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Oh but it was the children in contempt!!! Seriously though, I hope somehow this judge can see the inside of a prison sometime and it be told her wrong-doings to these children. I'm sure she will be fine.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
What makes me think there is "More to the Story"?

Because there always is.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Yes she does need a dose of her own medicine,it is sad that some judges have an authority complex,as a result these kids will grow up with a large chip on their shoulders.....

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
WOW! I'm with those who say the judge is either getting a kick-back from the juvie facility or has a monumental case of stupidity. This is even worse than our local family court judge.
A friend of ours has two teen children, a 15 year-old girl and 13 year-old boy. The mother of the children left them when they were toddlers and had no contact for about 10 years. When she reappeared in their lives, they had already made a life without her and had no interest in spending time with her. But after she moved to our town in an effort to make things right the father did his best to encourage them to forgive and have a relationship with her. Until about a year ago they did visit with her from time to time on weekends but I never saw any indication that they had any sort of real relationship developing.
Then the mother moved to Florida and began demanding that he send the kids to her for the summer. This year the judge ordered the girl to go to Florida for nearly three months, most of her summer vacation from school. That same judge excused the son from the visit because he is involved in sports and was signed up for summer sports camps. The girl had arranged for a summer job and had several other summer projects (raising chickens and food) that would require her constant attention. But the judge wouldn't budge on the length of the visit and ordered her off to Florida despite the fact that her mother works two jobs and the kid knows absolutely nobody in Florida. The father felt as though his hands were tied and told her that she must do as the judge ordered.
Being a 15 year-old, she did something she'd never done before, she defied her father and the judge and ran away from home to keep from spending the entire summer basically on her own in a city full of crime. When the cops caught up with her, it wasn't her that got blamed---it was the Dad! The judge actually threatened to give custody to the Mom because, "It is obvious you have no control over your offspring."

This young lady is a straight-A student, a leader amongst her peers in community service work and was planning to work this summer to earn money for college. She had begged to have the visit reduced to a couple of weeks but the judge acted like she was being unreasonable.
And just for the cherry on top of this crap-cake situation---the mother owes tens of thousands of dollars in back child support and yet when she petitioned the court for the visitation she also petitioned for child support for the girl while the visit was taking place and it was granted!
I can't remember when I wanted more to slap someone up side the head the way I wanted to knock some sense into that black-robed fool on the bench. It was almost more than I could handle to hear him but I managed to wait until I caught him outside the courtroom to unload on his blind stupidity.
Sometimes it's not the kids that need taking to the woodshed!

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
What makes me think there is "More to the Story"?

Because there always is.

I don't know how there can be more to the story than the judge literally put children in jail for not spending time with their father.

I didn't know we reached a time in the PC world that you can force children to have love and compassion.

There is "more to the story" of why these children would refuse to see their father in my opinion, but jailing the CHILDREN for their feelings. It really is an almost all time low.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
If the mom was using parental alienation then she should be the one being locked up. It is a vile thing and it should all be on her to make things right. Jail time. Fines. Loss of custody.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
It sounds like the mom is a psycho and this was done to get the children away from her. It seems like it's a sketchy way to go about it, but perhaps it was the quickest way to get the kids away from the mom. If it's been ordered that the mother can't see the kids in the facility I would definitely think there is a lot more to this story. Right on Annee.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join