It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis: God Has Instructed Me to Revise the Ten Commandments

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

GUAYAQUIL, Ec. – Pope Francis kicked off the start of a three-nation trip across South America today with his first mass, with over a million Ecuadorians in attendance, in the coastal city of Guayaquil. Delivering the mass in Spanish, the Pope spoke about the importance of family in modern society, saying, “It needs to be helped and strengthened, lest we lose our proper sense of the services which society as a whole provides.”

During his sermon, Pope Francis announced to Christians around the world that God had called upon him, instructing him “to revise the most sacred of texts, the Ten Commandments.” Given to the Israelites by God himself at Mount Sinai, the Commandments include instructions for worship and list several prohibited practices.

Pope Francis said Christians around the world are “faced with ever-increasing temptations brought on by the evils of modern society.” The Pope said the updated Commandments reflect the changing times and include some minor rewording of the existing rules as well as the addition of two new Commandments.

link

Why does this scream HOAX to me ?

This is circling FB right now and everyone seems to think this is the sign of the "end times prophecy/anti christ".

Wish I had acess to better resources ,however i am at work right now.

So I call upon my ATS brethren and Sisteren to help me figure this one out.

Thanks in Advance .

Hope to see this in the HOAX bin by the time i get home.

Kap.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta
Since the commandments are supposedly being revised to be more tolerant to homosexuals and adulterers, that says to me "Somebody is being satirical here".

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
#11: Thou shall be excellent to thy brethren
#12: Thou shall not emulate Bill Cosby, or that guy from Subway
#13: Legalize it forthwith, sayeth the Lord, or at least sayeth the Francis
#14: Whatever

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Click next on the page at the top

F-16s Scrambled to Intercept UFO Over D.C., 1 Pilot Missing

That should be "nuff" said....

HOAX

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

I get it , but it's not the only site reporting it .

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
If it's not satire, the Pope has a serious god complex.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

Link another.....Credible this time preferably

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

originally posted by: Kapusta

Link another.....Credible this time preferably

While Real News Right Now does not contain a disclaimer identifying it as a fake news web site, the above-quoted story is just that: another piece of fake news.
Read more at m.snopes.com...

How about this one?

m.snopes.com...

HOAX
edit on 7/9/2015 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Lol. Look at some of these article titles:
Obama To Issue Executive Order Extending Presidential Term Limits
Obama to Sign Executive Order Stripping Texas of Statehood Ahead of Jade Helm 15
Obama Signs Executive Order Banning Confederate Flags, Memorabilia
Walmart to Burn Thousands of American Flags Following Recall

and my personal favorite:
Following Coup, President Obama Assumes Control of Pyongyang

I kind of think there should be a rule against a satirical news organization from calling itself "Real News Right Now".

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No kidding! Once I clicked next, it was pretty clear....Not to mention this "news" site with no ads, no colors, no author or anything was a dead giveaway to me....But what better things did I have to do with my 30 seconds of research...?

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
What a news day! I like those headlines Fake news is much more exciting
edit on 9-7-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Here's another gem from the site's about page:

R. Hobbus J.D. is an internationally acclaimed independent investigative journalist specializing in international politics, health, business, science, conflict resolution, history, geography, mathematics, social issues, feminism, space travel, civil rights, human rights, animal rights, fashion, film, astronomy, classic literature, religion, biology, paranormal activity, the occult, physics, psychology, and creative writing. He has appeared in countless publications including Time Magazine, Newsweek, Playboy, The Economist, The New York Times, Mad Magazine, Hustler, Guns & Ammo, People, Maxim Magazine, Highlights, The 9/11 Commission Report, The New Yorker, Bon Appetite, Rolling Stone, Car & Driver, Soldier of Fortune, Elle, Nintendo Power, National Geographic, and many more. He has received numerous awards for his work including the prestigious Stephen Glass Distinction in Journalistic Integrity (2011), The Oscar Mayer Award for Journalistic Excellence (2003), three Nobel Peace Prize nominations, one Pulitzer in Investigative Reporting (1998), and two Pulitzer Prizes in Commentary (1996, 2008). He resides comfortably in his modest home overlooking the coast of Nantucket surrounded by his wife and twelve cats.

Nintendo Power? Who lists THAT magazine as a reference for legitimacy? Also, Highlights magazine is in there too. Lol that whole list is pretty suspect.
edit on 9-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

HAHAHA...

He resides comfortably in his modest home overlooking the coast of Nantucket surrounded by his wife and twelve cats.

Whew.....I was worried this author didn't have 12 cats.....Or didn't work for Nintendo Power at some point....What good author doesn't??

The Oscar Mayer Award for Journalistic Excellence (2003)

He won a weiner award....Sure did
edit on 7/9/2015 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Yeah it is a fake news site where the stories are suppose to be so outlandish that they are funny.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Yeah it is a fake news site where the stories are suppose to be so outlandish that they are funny.

Is there a reason you didn't HOAX it before replying? lol.....

For gosh sakes, the site is "real news right now".....Gotta love sites like that that have REAL in their name....Douche news right now would be more fitting because realistically it isn't news, it is garbage...

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Perfect ! Thanks for the work my fellow ATS'ers

HOAX BIN PLEASE

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I just read he drank coca leaf tea as well

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Moved to hoax bin in 3...2...1...

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: macenroe82

I think all this crazy rock star livin' is going right to his head:

It's a good spoof. Well done who ever came up with this little joke. I can imagine the Pope sayin' to the masses at the Vatican as he's dragged into rehab,

"Part the Red Sea, no problem dude"!

edit on 9-7-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Well they do feel they would have that authority if it comes to it.

4. We believe the Catholic Church alone has the authority to give to God’s people an authoritative list of the Ten Commandments. And the Catechism of the Catholic Church does exactly that. At least, it gives us a list as a sure norm for us.

www.catholic.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join