It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Press Banned from Jade Helm Exercises

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra
Read the rest....

We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
- George Orwell

edit on 9-7-2015 by Gothmog because: added statement

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: brandiwine14

However, if this is military training as is supposed to be and on the up and up as stated, then why would anyone want our enemies to know how we fight? How we train, etc...? why would they allow the media to observe then blast it all over the television and internet for our enemies to see?

Military training is conducted on base for those very reasons.

If it is off base in civilian areas then suspicions are aroused why they are doing that and keeping it secret?

You practice where you plan to operate.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

So, a bunch of journos tagging along getting in the way would cause LESS attention? The TSG are IN ON IT, not protecting you from it. Geez, guys, get a grip.

The Texas State Guard is NOT in on it. They are observing to make sure the military does not do anything they are not supposed to. That is why they have been deployed.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

See anything there about training in the US?

Or about defense of the country on its own soil?

No? There you go.

Yes, I do. Therefore I gave you the link to the Act and commentary on wikipedia that follows.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

However, if this is military training as is supposed to be and on the up and up as stated, then why would anyone want our enemies to know how we fight? How we train, etc...? why would they allow the media to observe then blast it all over the television and internet for our enemies to see?

If it is off base in civilian areas then suspicions are aroused why they are doing that and keeping it secret?

Military operations in this country have also been held in civilian areas since the beginning I assure you. You never hear about some of them for the very reason of secrecy . To not broadcast strategy . tactics , and weapons . Ever hear of Operation Red Flag ? Not many civilians outside of ex- Air Force have. And then, it was the late 80s I believe before it became known even though it had been going on for years before that and , basically , in the open. Or Operation Top Gun which only became widely known after the movie of the same name...That is 2 examples of even non-classified operations not being well known.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Robin Sage exercise to run in North Carolina counties July 21 through Aug. 1

Between July 21 and Aug. 1, approximately 100 of these students will participate in this exercise before graduating the course and moving on to their first assignments in the Army's Special Forces community. Robin Sage is a two-week exercise run eight times a year, once for each class of Special Forces candidates.

Nothing major there.

And did I mention Op Robin Sage ? No , I did not... . I have a cousin that had to go through that for Spec Ops.

You mentioned it as a SF or Sp Ops exercise and that it had no press. I go to find that it did have press there and you answer with the above, I am not sure why.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

So, a bunch of journos tagging along getting in the way would cause LESS attention? The TSG are IN ON IT, not protecting you from it. Geez, guys, get a grip.

The Texas State Guard is NOT in on it. They are observing to make sure the military does not do anything they are not supposed to. That is why they have been deployed.

Because the local populace is "up in arms" due to the belief that it is something "bad" . The idea "stirred up" by some .The more you stir stuff (you know what stuff is) the more it stinks....peace.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Military operations in this country have also been held in civilian areas since the beginning I assure you. You never hear about some of them for the very reason of secrecy . To not broadcast strategy . tactics , and weapons . Ever hear of Operation Red Flag ? Not many civilians outside of ex- Air Force have. And then, it was the late 80s I believe before it became known even though it had been going on for years before that and , basically , in the open. Or Operation Top Gun which only became widely known after the movie of the same name...That is 2 examples of even non-classified operations not being well known.

The beginning of what? you could say something general like that for almost anything, doesn't mean it is right or no cause for concern.
edit on 9-7-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

Operation Red Flag was conducted at Nellis AFB, which is 60X100 nautical miles. Also Eielson AFB, 600 acres of land, houses about 430 people, an AF BASE. Again. So, it is military land and air in this case. Topgun: United States Navy Strike Fighter Tactics Instructor program. Began at the naval air station in Miramar and then merged with the Naval Strike ans Air warfare Center, Naval Air Station, Fallon, NV. More military bases. Big ones, No wandering around towns and farms.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Robin Sage exercise to run in North Carolina counties July 21 through Aug. 1

Between July 21 and Aug. 1, approximately 100 of these students will participate in this exercise before graduating the course and moving on to their first assignments in the Army's Special Forces community. Robin Sage is a two-week exercise run eight times a year, once for each class of Special Forces candidates.

Nothing major there.

And did I mention Op Robin Sage ? No , I did not... . I have a cousin that had to go through that for Spec Ops.

You mentioned it as a SF or Sp Ops exercise and that it had no press. I go to find that it did have press there and you answer with the above, I am not sure why.

Can you tell me where I said anything about Robin Sage. Please....

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Aside from the Texas State Guard, I also know there are plenty of irregular Texas militia types 'observing' and providing updated intel. Whether that is just dudes in plate carriers playing army, or real deal types who knows.

Based on the folks I know in the SOF community they are the last people we need to worry about instituting martial law or anything like that. What I am a little more concerned about is the militia types doing something stupid, or some unwitting rancher opening fire on a fireteam that accidentally dropped into the wrong property, etc. Then all the folks who think this is some op to put Texans in prison camps will feel vindicated.

My personal opinion based on my close friend who just got out of the Teams is that the biggest thing to worry about is these dudes hitting on your gals in the bar or getting into bar fights with angry locals (which also kind of happens all the time and usually only if the locals instigate everything or are from another branch). I think we should look forward to the boost to our local economies with the influx of personnel.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Red Flag and Top Gun were known outside the movies.

Practice against the Soviets.

But I'll bet the Jade Helm exercises use gun ships and A !0's against ground targets in close support.

You just think Afghanistan when you think Jade Helm. Lessons learned there are being practiced for in US cities and in urban guerrilla operations. The only thing lacking is the Taliban.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

a reply to: Gothmog

Red Flag and Top Gun were known outside the movies.

But I'll bet the Jade Helm exercises use gun ships and A !0's against ground targets in close support.

You just think Afghanistan when you think Jade Helm. Lessons learned there are being practiced for in US cities and in urban guerrilla operations. The only thing lacking is the Taliban.

That is a bit incorrect for both Operations
Top Gun - To identify the best pilots in the USN and develop new strategies in Air to Air combat.
Red Flag - International convention of pilots and aircraft from all over the world that get together under the same ideas as the above Top Gun. Yes , even during the "Cold War" the Soviets were invited to participate.

In my opinion , Jade Helm would more likely be training for another part of the world.....
Didnt see the latter quote .

edit on 9-7-2015 by Gothmog because: added statement

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

All specialized training Ops are deemed classified. They have already released more for Jade Helm than they have any in the past. But , most have led to a real military operation afterwards.

And....they have had imbedded journalists in prior special operations. They have hired civilian support personnel for this one. So, your point is?

No press or coverage at Operation Sagebrush . No press or coverage at the training in Cali before the war in Iraq (forgot what it was called) . No , the major ones are deemed "classified" . And like I said , more info has been released for Jade Helm than any major training op that I know of.

Oops, it was Sagebrush. I confused it with Robin Sage that was in the article. Operation Sagebrush was in 1955. I don;t know if there was press there. I did look up the training ops for Iraq and the location and provided it, took place on military property. I really have looked up more than enough SF/special ops to find they either had press coverage or took place exclusively on a military base. I am glad for the history, but none has been actually relevant to the original topic.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: intrptr

So you are comparing police operations conducted after a domestic terrorist attack and a race riot to a military training operation? Yea…

They can't let the press witness the, as you call it, "police" training because they practice locking down and sweeping towns and neighborhoods, just like in Boston Bomber. That would reveal too much. Their whole focus is to train for what happened in Ferguson and Boston Bomber, this organization is a direct result of those scenarios, specifically.

But that WAS the police conducting those operations and the Ferguson incident called in the National Guard. Not the Special Forces.

I got news for you, the press won't be allowed to film the next one, either. They aren't even letting them witness the "exercise".

The real thing

Is this supposed to upset me or something?

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

It is stupid. These training exercises happen all the time. There was an even BIGGER training operation that occurred in the EXACT same spots in the early 2000's, but we didn't hear a PEEP about it in the media. Probably because we had a Republican in office when it happened.

Why is it that you guys question this account? There are FORMER military in this very thread telling you how this crap works and you are just blowing it off to talk about some silly idea about encroaching martial law.

It is not some silly idea. I am taken aback by vehement reaction from you and a couple others on a website that is often concerned with law enforcement, non transparency of the government, etc. I get words like 'silly' and 'stupid'.
I don't understand why the political affiliation of the President matters here. Most websites focusing on this are right wing. The MSM has spent very little time on this. They have paid attention today due to the media ban and rightly so.

EXACTLY! That is a HUGE tip-off to the silliness of this conspiracy. The right wing media gets its ratings and viewership from overexaggerating non-existent threats.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

All specialized training Ops are deemed classified. They have already released more for Jade Helm than they have any in the past. But , most have led to a real military operation afterwards.

And....they have had imbedded journalists in prior special operations. They have hired civilian support personnel for this one. So, your point is?

No press or coverage at Operation Sagebrush . No press or coverage at the training in Cali before the war in Iraq (forgot what it was called) . No , the major ones are deemed "classified" . And like I said , more info has been released for Jade Helm than any major training op that I know of.

Oops, it was Sagebrush and there was press. I answered this twice.

Can you tell me what Operation Sagebrush was ? Careful , I knew someone very close that participated.....

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t Now it's 'silliness'. I am getting a lot of static from 2 or 3 people, but no real contributions from them. It's not disagreement either, it is a flood of unrelated information.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog Operation Sagebrush was designed to test simulated combat conditions in an atomic war. And why careful?

It was a huge operation, disrupted an entire state and destroyed entire roads. It would not be allowed to happen again.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

It is stupid. These training exercises happen all the time. There was an even BIGGER training operation that occurred in the EXACT same spots in the early 2000's, but we didn't hear a PEEP about it in the media. Probably because we had a Republican in office when it happened.

Why is it that you guys question this account? There are FORMER military in this very thread telling you how this crap works and you are just blowing it off to talk about some silly idea about encroaching martial law.

It is not some silly idea. I am taken aback by vehement reaction from you and a couple others on a website that is often concerned with law enforcement, non transparency of the government, etc. I get words like 'silly' and 'stupid'.
I don't understand why the political affiliation of the President matters here. Most websites focusing on this are right wing. The MSM has spent very little time on this. They have paid attention today due to the media ban and rightly so.

EXACTLY! That is a HUGE tip-off to the silliness of this conspiracy. The right wing media gets its ratings and viewership from overexaggerating non-existent threats.

You don't say? Thanks for that classified info Captain Obvious. Not for every issue all the time. I have been following and researching this for a long time and really, really want to stay with the original topic.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

a reply to: Gothmog Operation Sagebrush was designed to test simulated combat conditions in an atomic war. And why careful?

It was a huge operation, disrupted an entire state and destroyed entire roads. It would not be allowed to happen again.

Happened in the late 50s . Was rumored to be a prelude to the Vietnam conflict. Held in Louisiana . Mostly in the swamps .Bases around sealed off , and a couple of cities as well . Didnt "destroy" anything as far as I know or was told.Maybe some of the contours of some of the swampland was changed. Nothing to do with nukes ,though. There had been an operation going on at about the same time as sagebrush. was it connected ? I dont know. Basically that was to determine if a soldier could continue operations after a close nuclear blast.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join