It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you remember a rumour that Putin disappeared, THE SAME LIE, that China will collapse.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Dear ATS, don't you think that sometimes we go little too far. Hey I love a good conspiracy as much as the next bloke, but if we go too far we lose the grip on reality.

Some very pro west posters are very active and giddy on China now and I am watching their posts in Amazement.

Just like rumours by some active posters that Putin has disappeared a while back.

Know the truth about China, they are like a business that is going well and opened bunch of stores. So what that management decided that out of 100 stores 18 stores are not performing and need to be closed.

You guys are completely and I mean completely misreading the China market downswing.

I hate to be the party pooper but the USA is in huge financial problem largely hidden from public for now.

Believe you me Americans, you got bigger fish to fry than China.

One guy even said that he wonders if IMF will offer rescue package to China. Good lord almighty and all the AIIB in the world.

That's like saying can Canada Rescue United States.
edit on 8-7-2015 by PredatorCrackling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure Canada can rescue us

Go Canada!!!

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: PredatorCrackling

So this is perhaps why the Europeans failed to acknowledge the collapse for two weeks and China are keeping up appearances.

If China's preparing to set the Yuan as the global reserve, casting off toxic debts and converting to a gold standard would make them no 1.

DDOS attacks would head off any concentrated response from the U.S.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: EA006

So this is perhaps why the Europeans failed to acknowledge the collapse for two weeks and China are keeping up appearances.

If China's preparing to set the Yuan as the global reserve, casting off toxic debts and converting to a gold standard would make them no 1.

DDOS attacks would head off any concentrated response from the U.S.

Wow, you put a lot of faith in computer attacks lol. Let's say I have a bunch of computers in one hand and a bunch of troops armed to the teeth with tactical nuclear weapons in the other hand. Which one do you think is going to win?

If you say the hand with computers you obviously have never experienced the simple fact that bullets have the right of way, like I have.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

I don't get your analogy, you are describing china in both hands...

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

So a thread about finance led to a military response from you.

Maybe i have put too much faith in computers in this scenario.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Putin did disappear from public for a number of days.

China's market is collapsing at the moment.

The IMF has international funds, which are more than any single nation has to play with.

The OP is peppered with falsehoods.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Going after the USA does not prove that china is not in collapse. That is simply irrelevant deflection from chinas issues.

Looking at chinext it lost almost 40% in the last month and Shanghai idea down over 30%. I fail to see how that is anything but a collapse.

I done not understand your store closing analogy. Please explain it with context.
edit on 8-7-2015 by alphastrike101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
If the U.S. Didn't buy China's rubber dog sh*t who would? Thank goodness my investments aren't in Europe or Asia. I am not knocking anyone, hell, I lost my ass in 2008 on US stocks. I just don't want to do it again.
Oh on another note a DDOS attack has nothing on a amphibious landing. Go US Marines.
edit on 8-7-2015 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-7-2015 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Let's see what happens after all the margin calls clear in China.
Unlike Western democracies, that at least have the illusion of competing political parties, a one party state must either admit to it's own ineptness in policy or externalize the blame.
The massive losses incurred of late in the Chinese stock markets are simply a symptom of deeper systemic issues. Not only do you have unsophisticated people losing life savings, but borrowing money ( margin) and going beyond that. I don't know that the economic miracle that has been China over the past two decades isn't hollow some level.
I think we'll find out soon how much was real and how much is just like those collapsing markets.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Hey remember that rumor that Putin disappeared back when he disappeared? What is that suppose to mean? The guy reappeared after disappearing. That does not erase the prior event.

And while China is in a great deal of trouble they should be able to get through it because of the size of their economy. Just as it is pretty much impossible to collapse the US economy. While China has lost 3.5 trillion the US lost 5 trillion during the dotcom bust. And recovered quickly. Although China will have a harder time because it is saddled with a bunch state own companies with massive dept.

China however is going to hurt. It is putting off its debt problems until later so it can focus on stopping the current free fall. And hopefully this will force through the economic reforms China needs to move on.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent
We'll try eh! Hows aboot we send down some more hosers like Justin Bieber?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Yes, Shanhai Stock exchange is in free fall last 2 weeks, but it is still +75% YTD
One year ago it was around 2100 BP, at max it was 5178 and today close to 3400.
As fast it is climbed in from around October last year, so it is making downhill plunge now lol

I wouldn't be too concerned until it is in the area of 2000-2500. (unless you entered in 5000 range of course
)

Well, it is also very important to compare trade volumes of respective rises and falls, to have better estimates if there is net losses in say last 6-12 months. It seems there were pretty high volumes traded on the peaks. Sush that Chinese Stock Exchanges even surpassed American NYSE and Nasdaq.

From April article

China's stock market has nearly doubled over the past six months on hopes of monetary easing, with the world-beating performance luring retail investors who have been opening accounts at a record pace.

Trading turnover on the Shanghai and Shenzhen stock exchanges totaled $1.85 trillion and $1.56 trillion respectively in March, making the two bourses the world's biggest that month, according to the World Federation of Exchanges.

The New York Stock Exchange had a turnover of $1.53 trillion in March, and the Nasdaq OMX a total turnover of $1.1 trillion.
www.reuters.com...

edit on 8-7-2015 by kitzik because: (no reason given)

This fact alone says there was Irrational exxuberance

The exchange's trading turnover exceeded 1 trillion yuan ($161.28 billion) for the first time on Monday, but the data could not be properly displayed because its software was not designed to report numbers that high.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

While China has lost 3.5 trillion the US lost 5 trillion during the dotcom bust. And recovered quickly.

Nasdaq didn't recovered, it is still trading below Dotcom bubble high
Despite all the usual tricks of changing under performing companies with better ones in the index.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
i suspect china is fine ,and the market is being manipulated by the americans to apply pressure against them, just like they are doing to putin,they dont like their mighty petrol dollar being challenged so are destabilizing the entire world at this point.
maybe some of you can see this,

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: kitzik
a reply to: MrSpad

While China has lost 3.5 trillion the US lost 5 trillion during the dotcom bust. And recovered quickly.

Nasdaq didn't recovered, it is still trading below Dotcom bubble high
Despite all the usual tricks of changing under performing companies with better ones in the index.

I was speaking of the economy in general. The Chinese markets will not recover anytime soon but, its economy should be able recover.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Hey remember that rumor that Putin disappeared back when he disappeared? What is that suppose to mean? The guy reappeared after disappearing. That does not erase the prior event.

The way you put this first paragraph together was just awesome. I cracked up 3x over each time seeing it again.

Still, the guy was talking about the rampant speculation in that big thread SO authored. It was far over the top. Today there was a little bit of hysteria and wild speculation in some threads about the markets. I think maybe that's what the OP is about. Simply telling us to keep our perspective.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: stuthealien

Why Americans ? Stock exchanges do rise and fall.
Look at Nikkei all time high almost 39000 and 80% lower 20 years after, from 1989-2009.

Still today, last year, Nikkei trading in the range about 16000-20000. Japan is in recession 30 years, yet japanese having pretty high standard of living. Nikkei crash wasn't exclusively american hideous plot ( may be to some extent, but not only lol )

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Perspective is a good thing. As a matter of fact the Shanghai market is green as of right now. I don't have the tools to know if their government/central bank is intervening but I wouldn't doubt it. It wouldn't be a great surprise to find that the FED or the Presidential Working Group on Markets ( something like that, I've always preferred Plunge Protection Team) was intervening themselves to avoid contagion. The true test will be when the barriers to trading they've implemented are removed.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
China's markets have fallen.....That is a fact.

How they recover is speculation.

By the way....oil can be bought in any currency....however...it is exchanged to USD at purchase because oil is bought and sold in USD.

No country will go BACK to the gold standard. Because it is dumb and limiting and very restrictive to growth.

Also, other countries buy US debt in order to hold our currency in reserve since it is the RESERVE currency for trade and easily converted.

Also, The largest section of US debt is still held by the US. A couple of trillion dollars held by another country isn't exactly an earth shattering problem. Because of this, it is hard for any group of countries who hold large amount of USD to attack our economy because WE own the largest share of our debt....there's more to it by I am tired.

This info is all available on the internet and is easy to read.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join