It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal pics

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Here are a few of the pictures captured by my paranormal team - Dark Knights Paranormal.

Most of the pictures have had the contrast raised to help the anomalies stand out. Some may also have been cropped or zoomed. If this is the case I can provide the original too.

Photo 1 - this was taken recently at the D-Day tunnels under Portsdown Hill, Portsmouth. It has been lightened and zoomed in slightly. It looks like two figures that were seen by our medium friend and myself earlier in the evening. They look like they are wearing green military uniforms.
What do you think?

Photo 2 - this was taken on the same night as the photo above. It was taken on a digital camera in black and white. It has been lighted. In the doorway at the end a figure can be seen standing facing us. I can garuntee no one was down the tunnel at the time as we were moving in a group.
What do you think?

Photo 3 - this picture was taken at fort Widley, Portsmouth. It was taken on a digital camera in black and white. The original is first followed by a lightened copy. To us it looks like a soldier walking carrying a gun. A medium told us of someone matching that description walking about on the same area earlier in the night.
What do you think?

Photo 4 - This was taken on the same night as the photo above. Again it was taken in black and white. This has to be one of my favourite pictures we have taken. There appears to be two figures in this photo. The first is the feminine looking figure in a dress at the end of the tunnel. The second is what appears to be a man stood behind the steel gate. He looks to be stood side on with his head facing us. It also looks like he has an old military jacket on, the type with big buttons. Both figures are resemble two of the known apparitions that are said to haunt the fort.

I have many more that I will upload in the next few days as well as some video evidence and EVPs.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Neat old place.

The second picture is awesome.

The third picture is just a dark area of the wall.

The fourth one...I really can't see anything. Can you help me out there?

You have a ghost hunting team? That sounds like a lot of fun. How do you get permission to hang out in these cool old places?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TomLawless
Neat old place.

The second picture is awesome.

The third picture is just a dark area of the wall.

The fourth one...I really can't see anything. Can you help me out there?

You have a ghost hunting team? That sounds like a lot of fun. How do you get permission to hang out in these cool old places?

Yeah the third is the least impressive. But I can garuntee there is no marking or pattern on the wall. I will admit it took me a minute to see the figure.

The last picture has a white mass at the end that looks like a woman in a long dress. The second figure is behind the gate on the right. The head is just above and to the left of the stop sign.

I am part of a team - Dark Knights Paranormal. We get the locations by contacting the owners. Most of the time they are open to paranormal investigations or commercial 'ghost hunts' for a fee. There are many places that you can go to for free though.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Honestly, I'm not really seeing very much in these photo's that would suggest anything other than a shadow, a recessed point in a wall, or any other more likely scenario than a spirit. The fact that all of these required the viewer to use their imagination in order to visualize what you're describing, and a heavy amount of photo-retouching, isn't very beneficial to the likelihood of the photo's matching your description in the first place.

Sorry, but these photo's aren't really very convincing. (coming from a person who believe ghosts exist)
edit on 8/7/15 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
Honestly, I'm not really seeing very much in these photo's that would suggest anything other than a shadow, a recessed point in a wall, or any other more likely scenario than a spirit. The fact that all of these required the viewer to use their imagination in order to visualize what you're describing, and a heavy amount of photo-retouching, isn't very beneficial to the likelihood of the photo's matching your description in the first place.

Sorry, but these photo's aren't really very convincing. (coming from a person who believe ghosts exist)

I understand where you are coming from. I am sceptical with most pictures I am presented with. I know pic 1 and 3 are questionable but we can not find any explanation for the figure blocking the doorway. The last picture is the same. We have spent 80+hrs at the fort and both of the 'figures' I pointed out are not a part of that tunnel.

I do have a photo of a figure similar to pic 2 that depicts a short figure stood at the back of a theatre. I can post that if you would like?

Also the photos have only had the contrast raised. Does this really effect what could be in them?

Thanks for the reply

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Matt89
I do have a photo of a figure similar to pic 2 that depicts a short figure stood at the back of a theatre. I can post that if you would like?

Absolutely, I'd love to see it

originally posted by: Matt89
Also the photos have only had the contrast raised. Does this really effect what could be in them?

Yes, it can have a great effect. If it were simply a matter of having a low aperture setting, you may have had the opportunity to capture the phenomena in a raw format. However, depending on how you edited the photo afterwards, they could simply be a matter of a small portion of pixels being accidentally excluded or included into the brightening of the total photo itself. At least to the point where something may appear there, where in reality, it was just an anomaly derived from photo editing.

However, you might be able to get more evidence that "something" is happening if you were to try a number of different filters

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Amityville Boy thread

This is an old thread many links are broken but a quick google search will find the Amityville boy pic,although debunked many times,no one has actually proved fake.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: kuhl
although debunked many times,no one has actually proved fake.

Doesn't debunked imply faked?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

I should have said some think they have debunked but it ain't been

Sorry

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: kuhl

Ah I see

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

This is the photo. For reference the smallest person in our team is 5'3 and when placed in the same location the horizontal bar going across the back wall was at least a foot taller. I have a lightened copy too that shows the figure better if you would like to see that one too. We were all stood on stage when this photo was taken. We also had two video cameras on the stage covering the area. In the footage you can see the flash but no amomalies are captured.

As for adjusting the contrast I will take that into mind in future. I know some of the figures we have captured are clearly visible in the originals but are made clearer once lightened.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Matt89

I don't see anything that looks out of the ordinary in any of the pictures you've posted. I think you're just seeing what you want to see.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing your photos!

I love seeing peoples investigation pics.

Photo 4 is interesting when you brightened it. You can see a figure in the back for sure.
At first I was going to suggest it was a shadow from a camera flash behind someone that reached that back of the hall,
but that was before I realized it was from the photo above only brightened up.

Interesting.

If your team ever comes to Minnesota, let me know,
I can set you up with The Palmer House here for an investigation.
We have been there twice, and it was very interesting both times.

edit on 8-7-2015 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Thank you sharing your pictures! It's hard to open yourself/your pics up for scrutiny. Thanks for putting them out there.

I can see what you are describing in all pics but the first.

Do you happen to have pictures of the same areas (ideally same angle, etc) taken that of not show the anomalies? That would be helpful in determining that a shadow figure isn't just a stain on the wall or a fixture of some sort.

Also you mentioned some of these pics seem to have captured known entities. Can you briefly share or post a link to relevant ghost stories or sightings?

Thanks again!

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I'm sorry but I see absolutely nothing at all even with all your zooming and lightening and whatnot. You may be trying too hard to see something that is not there.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: VegHead
Thank you sharing your pictures! It's hard to open yourself/your pics up for scrutiny. Thanks for putting them out there.

I can see what you are describing in all pics but the first.

Do you happen to have pictures of the same areas (ideally same angle, etc) taken that of not show the anomalies? That would be helpful in determining that a shadow figure isn't just a stain on the wall or a fixture of some sort.

Also you mentioned some of these pics seem to have captured known entities. Can you briefly share or post a link to relevant ghost stories or sightings?

Thanks again!

In all honesty I would rather have people question the evidence. Surely if I can win over the sceptics with some evidence then that helps validate it.

I am sure I can dig up the before and after pics for each as we tend to do bursts of the same area.

Here is a link that describes some of the known spirits in the fort.
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I am on a different screen now, and I definitely see the white mass to right on the fourth picture. Not sure I see another figure, but I'm looking.

I'm still convinced that the third picture is a pareidolic effect stemming from the moist, or moldy walls. I'm not some kind of debunker, though. I think what you're doing is very cool, and I hope to see more from you in the future. The UK has some creepy old buildings.

Great stuff.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I can see all things you pointed out in your original post. It wouldn't surprise me if something did inhabit these places as they have a farely terrible past.
I can see what looks like 2 soliders in the first picture very clearly. It must have been a scary, but fascinating experience to walk those tunnels.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Neat pics, but I can't see anything too compelling in these pics. Those you say look like a soldier could quite easily just be a coincidentally shaped stain or shadow on the wall. Struggled to see anything in most of the pics.

Pretty cool that you have a ghost hunting team but might be good to not be so eager to see things in your pics. I'd love to see a real ghost but I always approach things from a slightly more skeptical leaning stance.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I'm not convinced mate, considering every single photo involves a humanoid figure in a corridor. Nothing else? Little bit too perfect, you know?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join