It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supply and demand economics the real killer

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
You don't make any sense.

You said 'failed system every time', who are they?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You don't make any sense.

Where is the truly free market economy that has failed?

There has never been one. Although I suppose the Native American societies that the left wax poetic about might have been close.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

How about the USA for example?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Who needs a list, the numbers speak for themselves. The simple fact that the 1% exist with such an imbalance of wealth in one small number of peoples pockets over the rest of the world is proof enough.

I just do not see how people cannot see the clear sociopathy required for so much of the worlds wealth to be in the hands of so few.

The simple fact that wealth is distributed this way is responsible for more death and suffering daily and than all the world wars combined. It's ludicrous the amount of pain, suffering, and death we allow so a chosen few can horde all the worlds wealth.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

How about the USA for example?

I frankly do not put the United States in the 'failed state' category, but nice hyperbole.

Any actual examples?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

"but I'm doing good"

That's the small mindedness you will encounter.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Clearly your living in a bubble.

I think you need to travel more because there is massive poverty In every metropolitan area in the US and it's because of greed and failed economic policy.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I think you need to travel more because there is massive poverty In every metropolitan area in the US and it's because of greed and failed economic policy.

I travel weekly throughout the United States and occasionally overseas. Call me when you visit Africa or Asia and know what real poverty is about.

Now, any examples for your 'failed system every time' rhetoric or were you just talking out of your ass?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Standard oil. Had the government had not stepped in is a prime example of pure capitalism.

Stop making straw man arguments with comparisons to Africa.

No I'm not waiting until the U.S. looks like Africa to want to improve the conditions of these communities.

Ok let's here you say the same exact things you say in every single thread again....

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

1% is responsible for Africa too, it's fact we have the resources to feed and shelter everyone in the world. This includes all the impoverished in Africa, China, and India.

So all those true poverty places you've visited are all symptoms of the same sickness capitalism has inflicted upon the world.

We in the US are just finally beginning to feel the effects, has been slow getting to us, but it's starting.

We aren't Africa YET, but give it time, and things remaining unchecked as they are and we will be. Most of africa will be dead by the time we get that bad so wonder who we'll be compared to then to say how "good" we have it.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Yeah but he's fine.

He's doing good so it's your fault.

You can bet 100% that that will be the premise of his debate so feel free to respond to my post as if it's him.
edit on 7/8/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Standard oil. Had the government had not stepped in is a prime example of pure capitalism.

Two things. Standard Oil was a company, not a failed system.

Second, funny you should pick them as processed petrochemical prices actually went down in price during their presence in the market place and went up after the breakup since they only controlled distribution and not extraction.

Stop making straw man arguments with comparisons to Africa.

A straw man is an argument based on a non-advanced argument, you advanced the premise of poverty, Africa is indeed impoverished and if you happened to find yourself there you can verify it for yourself prior to screaming to come home to the horrible, horrible United States.

No I'm not waiting until the U.S. looks like Africa to want to improve the conditions of these communities.

So maybe instead of whining about crap on the internet regularly maybe you can work on a new economic system that magically makes everything all warm and fuzzy for everyone regardless of any outside factors.

Ok let's here you say the same exact things you say in every single thread again....

Sure, why not, at least they will not be banally and pedantically negative.

edit on 8-7-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Oh, I would agree that the inner city is a result of greed an failed economic policy, but not in the way you think.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Standard oil is a product of capitalism.

Just admit it man you don't know what your talking about and you don't understand the issues.

Also I will no longer respond to your post we have had this discussion 100 times and I'm not interested in anything you have to say.

Standard oil is a company that took over an entire market because it was a free capitalist market that could be taken over.

See ya!

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Standard oil is a product of capitalism.

And where is the 'failed system'? The United States is still here, 100+ years later.

Just admit it man you don't know what your talking about and you don't understand the issues.

Says the drive by poster who has nothing but hyperbole and wah, wah, woe is me nonsense. You consistently make comments and just as consistently fail to back them up with anything other than your personnel opinion.

Also I will no longer respond to your post we have had this discussion 100 times and I'm not interested in anything you have to say.

The cry of those intellectually incapable of debate.

Standard oil is a company that took over an entire market because it was a free capitalist market that could be taken over.

No, it did not take over the entire market, it controlled a large portion of distribution and its effects on the consumer were actual a net positive.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I admit. not willing to sacrifice myself on a one woman war with the 1% I'm a coward like that. No economic plan is gonna get their stamp of approval either unless it keeps them in their power seat above everyone else either.

If however enough people decide it's time to fight back I'm there. So for now, I'm looking for other like minded people, spreading the message and hoping more and more people wake up to what really ails the world.

If the time comes when a true leader, more capable than myself emerges, then I'll be happy to fight and die for my fellow man. I'm not a leader. But spread the message online, help wake up others I can do.

We're long past the time where politics has any power, votes no longer matter, we're defenseless unless we unite. But I'm not a leader. I'll fight when the time comes, if it comes while I'm alive, but I can't lead the charge. I'm just not that cool.
edit on 7/8/2015 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Thank you for sharing your personal viewpoint but what does it have to do with the premise of the poorly constructed Original Post?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

It was more in response to the idea that posting on the internet isn't enough. For most of us, at this point, it's what we have to find others, and organize or help wake each other up. You called out the original poster for posting on the internet, telling him to get out and do more.

So I was giving an example why I, who like him spends most of my fight online, do so, online. In the modern era, that's where people the world over are, and this is a global crisis. Anything that helps others wake up to the nightmares that plague this world is good, be it online or otherwise.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
You called out the original poster for posting on the internet, telling him to get out and do more.

SNIP

So I was giving an example why I, who like him spends most of my fight online, do so, online. In the modern era, that's where people the world over are, and this is a global crisis. Anything that helps others wake up to the nightmares that plague this world is good, be it online or otherwise.

Understood and I like to think my advocacy for concrete-loafering the government is spread far and wide by a hoard of sycophantic idolizers. One can dream.

edit on 7/8/2015 by Blaine91555 because: snipped needless rude remark

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Salty?

You still and have always had nothing constructive to add to any thread I've ever seen you participate in.

It always almost unequivocally comes down to you making comments like this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join