It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bakers Ordered to Pay $135,000 for Refusing Gay Wedding Service

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: 9thWatcher
a reply to: Shamrock6

Look at the world today, the war has begun, Homo Marriage was just another shot heard around the world.

When did it begin exactly? Where is it being fought? The only wars I see being fought currently are small flashpoints in locations that have traditionally been hotspots in the modern era. Though if you are aware of any major wars going on in the 1st world, do enlighten us.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: 9thWatcher

Some Christians are always looking for a war. None of which they've ever won, of course. Everything they've raged against still exists.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It will be at you door soon enough.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

That didn't answer the questions I asked. Answer the questions or admit that you are just spreading propaganda.
edit on 8-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   

Lulz.

Shenanigans. 15 yard penalty, loss of down.

link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

That would be a good discussion to have over a cup of coffee, would you like to meet somewhere?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

You should know that we at ATS value actual contribution to subjects and not cryptic "War is coming" and "It'll be at your door soon"

What war is coming? Why will it be at Krazyshot's door?

Your little "clever" one-liners add nothing of value to our discussion. Do try to improve your posting habits. I know you've just joined so you're probably confused on how posting etiquette works.

Start Here for some good, basic information on how this site works.

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Shenanigans? Everyone get your broom!

edit on 8-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Look at my profile pic, what do you think?

link   

dp
edit on 8-7-2015 by 9thWatcher because: (no reason given)

link   

I appreciated your princess bride reference.

Sadly, krazy went with South Park instead of Super Troopers with my reference.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Revelation 2:10
Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you life as your victor’s crown.

It's so nice that Christians have a catch-all so they don't have to take responsibility for their awfulness.

When you write Christians and follow it with their awfulness

Remember you are by default referring to ALL Christians:
including Mother Theresa
including Martin Luther King
including the man my church supports in Costa Rica who makes water purifiers for people who live in the mountains to prevent the severe diarrhea and death caused by dirty water
including my Doctor friend who is the only Doctor in the area who has a free clinic for AIDS patients
including George Washington Carver, who was known as a scientist quietly seeking the will of God
including JRR Tolkein who wrote Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit
including the people in my church who feed the homeless and make quilts and sleeping mats for the homeless

So if you consider all of the above to be awful people, then and only then are you are consistent in your assertions.

edit on 9Wed, 08 Jul 2015 09:40:59 -0500am70807amk083 by grandmakdw because: format

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
If you commit the crime, then you must pay the fine. It is truly that simple.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

When will you start contributing and stop harassing me?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Look at my profile pic, what do you think?
Your profile pic is irrelevant. What matters is what you say, and how you say it.

Look, I'm actually trying to look out for you here. Keep posting like you are and you won't have a very long career here. I digress, as I'm moving off topic from the original thread intentions.

Businesses that serve the public, do so with the understanding that they cannot discriminate against people because they're a protected group. Just think of the media uproar that would occur if a business owner refused to serve black people.

Refusing to serve gay people is no different.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: wayforward

What utter drivel!

You are factually wrong in your rewriting of American history too, there were PLENTY of so-called "Christians" claiming they had a right to refuse to serve black people, this happened all over the South. Your notion that it never happened clearly shows your complete bias.

It's a matter of historical fact that Christians were just as bigoted toward black people then as they are toward gay people right now. And just as happened before, they will eventually move with the times and the society around them, because they have no choice.

Here's the deal: you do not get to selectively pick and choose what parts of your Bible you want to follow while claiming your "beliefs" prevent you from being a decent person. If you claim your holy book demands something of you, you better make sure you're following EVERYTHING that book says, otherwise you are an outright liar and a hateful scumbag.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

He's already been banned.

Again.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Let me guess, you're the same fanatical Christian that was banned from ATS just a couple of days ago for preaching violence and terrorism against non-Christians?

Sucks to be you.
How is that watch list working out for you?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

But the bakery was a private business too, serving the public, same as the country club analogy I used. So if the country club can refuse me entry / membership because they don't deem me rich enough, then they too should be prosecuted? I'd say it's their right not to allow me entry / membership and I can live with their choice. I might not like it but hey, it's their loss of business and I'll take my custom elsewhere.

The government has no place legislating what private businesses can and cannot do and who they have to sell to. It is up to the business. Public opinion is of no importance and we are all entitled to our own opinions and to live by whatever code we see fit, as long as we are not harming anyone. Someone getting bent out of shape over that opinion is not a reason for legal action, but we are now all expected to act like sheep and are now forced by law to follow the crowd and be good little drones!

I find it distasteful in the extreme seeing all these "pride" parades showing up everywhere. Displays of S&M, sex toys, oiled up half naked narcissists etc! It has no place in a public environment and that sort of behaviour, by anyone, used to be discouraged or was worthy of an arrest and fine. Keep it behind closed doors!

I honestly don't care who someone has sex with and what kinks they are into, but it has no place outside the home, and certainly not in the streets, where criticism of it is now labeled as "hate".

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

He's already been banned.

Again.

Ah, I'm sure he'll create another account in a matter of hours and be back here claiming his "Holy war" is coming, sounding like a Jihadist and no doubt having his location pinpointed by our lovely friends at the NSA for future reference

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join