It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Born to Be... (Accelerating Evolution)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
At times life can feel predetermined. At times routines can seem unbreakable.

Yet you always have a choice.

Debates rage over whether humans possess free will, but in truth that argument is easily resolved. Your free will should be apparent--for at any moment you're completely free to ignore the insistent commands of that little voice in your head.

Years ago I had an epiphany while reclining in my basement playing playstation. So engrossed I became in the game that it became a meditative act, and thoughts dissolved one after the next as I focused only upon residing within that virtual world.

Yet that little voice in my head refused fall silent. And soon enough it began claiming, "I'm hungry."

"Hungry?" I thought. "Who's hungry? I'm having too much fun playing this game to be hungry."

In that moment I experienced the source behind the age-old Buddhist riddle, "What is it that thinks?"--and recognized the duality between mind and spirit.

That lesson we all should master--for upon evolving its potential, a revelation grows clear: Although your life was determined in advance, although you were sent here for a predetermined purpose to learn specific lessons, you need not wait even a second longer before evolving to even greater heights.

Christians revere Jesus and Taoists respect Lao Tzu. Buddhists venerate Bodhisattvas and Islamics worship Mohammad. All of those individuals they view as idols, as icons, as paragons of morality and virtue.

Yet what they fail realize is at any moment, instead of gazing up reverentially towards those figures who reached such spiritual heights, they could instead stand amongst them.

All it takes is concerted intention. All it requires is unwavering focus.

All you need is the simple desire to remake yourself into a paragon figure of morality--and that all begins with a choice:

Start ignoring that little voice in your head. Start overriding your preconditioned reflexes and biological impulses.

Instead of continuing to obey your mind, start teaching your mind to obey you.

Then instead of sitting back and waiting for life to mold you into a greater form, wake up and start taking control over that process.

Start deciding who you were born to be. Start enacting that vision into life.

Then, by taking control of your own destiny, you'll accelerate your spiritual evolution into the stratosphere.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Trachel

Start deciding who you were born to be. Start enacting that vision into life.

Then, by taking control of your own destiny, you'll accelerate your spiritual evolution into the stratosphere.

Many remain in denial of who they are. They pretend a lot of things, but secretly they are two different people. One keeps up appearances while the other keeps secrets.

If we are to change we need to undo (slowly) who we have become, slaves to desire and un empathetic of others.

Only when we are empty of the world can we begin to be refilled anew in a new way. Just simply taking control is part of the problem. We think we can do this and that, but fall into the same old trap because we haven't dealt with our underlying programmed "nature".

No matter how we pretend, all our decisions have added up to who we really are. Thats the real us, the one we keep secret.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The only solution is to stop thinking.

Deep meditation, thoughtless mind, such as found in TM, brings a clarity back to mind that brings peace and answers not sought. Other forms of meditation can provide the same, but many require a host of prerequisites to even sit on a cushion.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
So, hardcore gaming is a great source of wisdom which you can tap into in case you don't have "the medicine" at hand...

edit on 8-7-2015 by yosako because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Only when we are empty of the world can we begin to be refilled anew in a new way. Just simply taking control is part of the problem. We think we can do this and that, but fall into the same old trap because we haven't dealt with our underlying programmed "nature".

Huge point, this. Only once the conditioned self dies can it be reprogrammed in more positive ways.

Any meditation practices or inspiring books or anything else you could suggest to facilitate this occurrence?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: yosako

Somewhere deep inside, you're an amazing person who's got better things to do with your time and energy than make snarky comments online. Instead of cutting people down, you could be using that same energy to spread kindness and love.

One day--someday--you'll realize it.

Until then, have a beer:

(You already got my star.)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

but many require a host of prerequisites to even sit on a cushion.

Chuckle. Its easy to sit on a cushion and start meditating, harder to stay sat.

Most of us have little patience, taught us by the hustle and bustle of modern life. We want what we want, when we want it, and we want it now.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Trachel

Easier to advise which practice or teacher not to follow. The practice that makes you less aware, more dependent on the teaching of some church or organization you can join or belong to. Following some cult of personality isn't the goal.

The good teacher gives you back to yourself, teaches independence instead of outward dependance on them and their teachings. We all have this innate ability to seek wisdom through our inner path, once we remove the clutter. The real teacher teaches how to find that within everyone they teach. Successful learning makes one less dependent on others for guidance and more dependent on our own antenna to heaven, as it were. Everyone has one of those.

The teachings ultimately should make us dependent on what we already know is the truth from within. Not from us, but through us.

A good teacher and their limited organization don't have many members or followers and big buildings, because once students learn they go off on their own to live their lives.

I learned this and other stuff from someone a long time ago, I don't know where they are today.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trachel
Only once the conditioned self dies can it be reprogrammed in more positive ways.

What are you going to reprogramme it with? And if the conditioned self is dead is there any point reprograming it?

When the conditioning is seen 'you' are out! The one that is seeing the conditioning is no longer part or entangled in the conditioning.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

No matter how we pretend, all our decisions have added up to who we really are. Thats the real us, the one we keep secret.

Hmm, what a coincidence. This is the first post I read. I agree. Not more than an hour or so ago, I was wronged by a kid and his grandmother to the tune of $200. Aspects of the old me started boiling back into reality. Not good. Long story short, I forgave them and myself. I haven't felt the old me since.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Ouch, feeling that pain.

It easy to know the right thing to do, harder to do it.

That is the real work.

The thieves have their reward.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

One can reprogram the mind with the spirit.

The "death" of the conditioned self means the individual becomes liberated from the compulsion to mindlessly obey the dictates of the brain.

The point in reprogramming it is to restructure your instincts towards more benevolent aims. For example I've reprogrammed my mind towards enjoying healthier foods, exercising regularly, and generally being nicer to others.

Your last paragraph nicely sums that up. Once you see how the brain operates it can trick you no longer. Once you know that voice in your head isn't you, you can override it essentially at will.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
can you do one simple thing for us, to prove that the mind is truly superior to the fleshly vessel it resides in?

stop breathing. for one whole day. and post video evidence of your feat here on ats. witness accounts would also be greatly appreciated, testimony that you lasted 24 hours without taking a single breath and still functioned normally.

then i will believe you.
edit on 8-7-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

The only solution is to stop thinking.

Deep meditation, thoughtless mind, such as found in TM, brings a clarity back to mind that brings peace and answers not sought. Other forms of meditation can provide the same, but many require a host of prerequisites to even sit on a cushion.

let me get this straight.

if you stop thinking, you learn more and feel better.

well, geez. why didnt i think of that.

oh right, because you arent supposed to think.

silly me.
edit on 8-7-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
can you do one simple thing for us, to prove that the mind is truly superior to the fleshly vessel it resides in?

stop breathing. for one whole day. and post video evidence of your feat here on ats. witness accounts would also be greatly appreciated, testimony that you lasted 24 hours without taking a single breath and still functioned normally.

then i will believe you.

Interesting argument.

But simply because the body has material needs (and expires if those needs go unmet), that doesn't mean the spirit needs be subservient unto its brain-wrought commands.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
People swap out terms and belief systems for the next. Never not been the case. Things stay the same, perceptions and labels change.

I'd rather just deny all the beliefs, but am certain this, too, is impossible.

Now, in my 30s, after going through rounds of belief systems that seemed to provide clarity, short lived turned into nightmares of confusion and fog... the only one that remains to keep me stable is the belief that we're the result of physical phenomena, forces we don't fully understand, but have base understanding.

Seemingly random interactions happening at all levels of existence, cycled through the eons, under the limitations of physics, inevitably reaching permutations that are advantageous to it's surroundings. Over more eons, complexity begits more complexity, efficiency, simplicity, and so forth.

We are the result of billions of years of evolution of the universe. We are star stuff. I don't claim to have it all figured out, but these notions of "mind" being separate entities from the brain-body organism, seems so incomplete, outdated, and psychosis-prone beliefs. I don't desire, or require these beliefs anymore.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trachel

originally posted by: TzarChasm

then i will believe you.

Interesting argument.

But simply because the body has material needs (and expires if those needs go unmet), that doesn't mean the spirit needs be subservient unto its brain-wrought commands.

then complete my challenge.

but i know you wont. because you cant. because all this spiritual fluff is exactly that: fluff. inspirational drivel to keep the cynicism at bay.

new topics

top topics

join