It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's Stock Market is Failing Fast...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Perhaps certain trade agreements will allow the purchase/acquisition of said goods?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Not quite retail. Don't have the same manufacturing capabilities as China ( EOS). Automotive your fine.

link   
a reply to: EA006

I think the point the other poster was making was readible availability due to in place infrastructure.

link   

The only raw good that I see China having a huge huge handle over is Raw Earth Materials.

All those fancy things we put in smart phones and tablets and basically ALL electronics is prominently mined and held in China if I'm not mistaken.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
geez Tenth that is a bit unnerving.
Desperate times bring desperate actions.
Throw in an equally desperate Russian dictator
(that what he is I don't know why we don't call it as we see it)
and things can get ugly fast.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

Automotive was only one example. In a sustained collapse we will revert to in house production on many items.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

It's interesting to read your comments and see how you're guiding this thread now.

If you get the time can you create that thread or sticky for tenth, I'd like to read into this further.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Yes, rare earths are an issue but there are other sources availble that are much more transparent than China such as Australia, Canada, South Africa and Brazil.

Not to mention a ceratin country invaded in 2002 has abundant resources.

Other processed materials will be an issue in a sustained situtation as production is either ramped up or sourced elsewhere; e.g. plastics, extrusions, steel products.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: EA006

I am a big geopolitical wonk.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

And a capitalist Freemason?....

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Someone posted a thread months ago about how there was a surge in new accounts forstock traders in China (guy at a banana stall trading). Has this huge increase had anything to do with the current predicament or is it all state related. Would like to know if there is any correlation as the plunge does coincide with the surge in accounts been open.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: flatbush71
The weaker the Chinese economy, the better chance the U.S. dollar has of staying the world reserve currency a little longer. The IMF will decide on Oct. 20,2015.

I would say that the Chinese are a little hot about the whole mess.

As they should. Rightly so. You only need to visit bloomberg, to realize the enormous amount of "market" fear they are producing, to have investors stay away from the Chinese market. Question is, are they ready to back it up with nukes.

The market is being manipulated, if you look at the market you will see that Russia has been "piling" up gold. This is to ensure it will hold it's "value", despite the sanktions. However, the market appears to see gold decrease in value ... that's odd, isn't it, when you have a buyer and industrial need. Another is oil ... oil is one of Russias greatest commodities. And there is no "decrease" in the demand for oil. Then you have China ... Russia intends to use China as it's "backup" partner in Trade, in the absence of one elsewhere.

So, the market is being manipulated ... no question about it.

Now, let's see if the Russians and the Chinese chicken out ... or call you up on this Declaration of War against them.

edit on 8/7/2015 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Step 1: make sure the US is weak, financially. Check
Step 2: make sure the American public is not in a position to help government. Check
Step 3: start selling American debt
Step 4: watch as American government tries to get the public to invest in US debt.
Step 5: watch America try to get other countries to buy debt, not too likely.
Step 6: bad news.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: EA006
And a capitalist Freemason?....

Free market capitalist.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: superman2012

What you saying step 6: kill the dollar?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Another (relatively small in impact) concern may be the production of vitamins. They are in everything and Europe lost the manufacturing capabilities for vitamin C years ago when they began to outsource it to China. When the Olympics in Beijing started they had to shut down factories to reduce emissions. As a result the cost of vitamin C was less than water it became 300% more after the Olympics. I know they are no longer in a position to dictate market values like they were once able to but I fear the entire world may have outsourced similar types of products and lost its capability to remain competitive. Very insignificant example I'm using in the grand scheme of things but makes me think what over products there may be with more significant implications.

edit on 8-7-2015 by rossacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

I see.
Thanks.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Rumor is - in October Chinese Yen will become a new world reserve currency.

True or false, what say u ATS?
edit on 2015-07-08T08:40:56-05:00201507bam3107am5631 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: EA006
a reply to: superman2012

What you saying step 6: kill the dollar?

Probably going to be way more steps between 5 and that happening, but, whatever is coming after 5, it won't be good.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012

Step 3: start selling American debt
Step 4: watch as American government tries to get the public to invest in US debt.
Step 5: watch America try to get other countries to buy debt, not too likely.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join