It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misandry in the Media ~Fat, Lazy, and Stupid American Men

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Silly me I thought MONEY walked away the victor in 90% of court cases.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager
How many sitcoms have you watched where the men are nothing more then lazy, fat and stupid? Especially if they are a father. They lie, constantly screw up, and are generally selfish. Have you noticed it in commercials? They are everywhere, particularly in any commercial that has a cleaning product, shopping, cooking, or food.

I know a lot of good men. And a lot of good fathers. The one common trait that they all have in common is thick skin. Not to say that they don't have emotions (they know well enough to hide them) but that they understand that in our society they stand alone. No one is there to help them and they'll hardly be praised.

The unfortunate fact is that women make up 80% of consumer spending. So most marketing of consumer goods is geared towards women. And boy do they know how to market. Sitcoms and commercials perpetuate each other like a flushing toilet of never ending misandric dung.

I was going to post this thread a while back, but didn't find the time. However, since a commercial I saw from the toilet paper "Angel Soft", I felt compelled to make sure I wrote this thread:

"Happy Father's Day, Mom"? This is a commercial that tells mom's how much they are appreciated, on Father's day! This was the tipping point for me as that day it seemed like every other social media post was "Happy Father's day to all the 'good' dads out there, and the moms that have to play both roles". Can you imagine something like that on Mother's day?! I cant. I'd be just as irate as I am now, and probably more. But no one bats an eyelash at this. (FYI: $21.2 billion was spent on Mother's day for 2015, while just $12.7 billion was spent on Father's day for gifts)

Angel Soft's ridiculous commercial;

This youtuber has a whole 22 part series called "Misandry in the Media" where he points out the double standards in how the sexes are portrayed in commercials. As he reiterates in his videos, "it's not that one commercial in itself is wrong, but that so many commercials portray men as idiots".

YouTube Channel: Vinnie Mac

Here is one of his videos. Take it with a grain of salt, he has made so many of these that his anger becomes more obvious with each video.

Misandry in the Media, Part 14

I've grown tired of misandry that is praised throughout society. Women on Tumblr posting "I drink male tears", or always hearing feminist shout "all men are rapists".

I've felt it, That awkward moment when your walking down an empty hallway and a woman is walking towards you, (God forbid it's dark) Your guilty until proven innocent. Or the snark look when you don't hold a door, or being ignored and denied a simple thank you when you do.

Chivalry is dead because misandry is thriving. I know I stopped holding doors open, except for the elderly, or adults with kids. A young woman, forget it. I'm not going to waste my time. More men are going MGTOW and living for themselves, and I don't blame them.

Ghost

Here are some of the best MGTOW contributors on youtube. Some excellent videos;

Thinking Ape

barbarossa

Monkey

Spetsnaz

Spetsnaz is hard hitting; here is one of his videos, "The Disposable Male". It shines a bright light on the perspective of males in society, their disposability, and female privilege as a result. He says some harsh truths that are tough for a lot of men (and maybe women) to hear. He starts speaking at about :40

Ghost

I could not agree with you more. It's true, and it's largely why I don't do cable TV anymore.

Getting most of my stuff online or at movies...I can choose what I watch much better.

Men and Fathers deserve respect. Those who shirk their responsibility, well not so much.

Equality is screamed from the rooftops...there are so many fronts men are treated like crap...child custody is only one of them and that would be a topic changer.

But agreed, with the OP, bravo!

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I'm no victim. We all make our own lives. You sir appear to be in fear of women and the media and need someone to blame. maybe I'm wrong, you appear that way. Me, my family, my children, my business, my extended family....none of us are being harmed by this supposed misandry. It does not exist. Not be afraid. Live your life.

then you never experienced what it's like to go through a divorce. never had your children taken from you because you don't have a vagina. never had your home taken away from you and half of your income for 20+ years taken from you. never had your retirement ripped in half and taken from you.

your belief in misandry is not required for it to be real.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab
a reply to: amazing

I'm no victim. We all make our own lives. You sir appear to be in fear of women and the media and need someone to blame. maybe I'm wrong, you appear that way. Me, my family, my children, my business, my extended family....none of us are being harmed by this supposed misandry. It does not exist. Not be afraid. Live your life.

then you never experienced what it's like to go through a divorce. never had your children taken from you because you don't have a vagina. never had your home taken away from you and half of your income for 20+ years taken from you. never had your retirement ripped in half and taken from you.

your belief in misandry is not required for it to be real.

But are we talking about Custody and Divorce laws in the US and the world? I don't think the OP was really about that...that's a very narrow, specific topic that requires it's own thread. I agree that there is an issue there, especially in the US and our law system needs to change and our custody and divorce law needs to be revamped. But I don't think that's what most men's rights groups and anti feminists are about.

If you go to the A Voice for Men's website right this minute, you'll see only one divorce specific item and a couple of marriage articles but nothing about custody or how to be better legally prepared for either custody or divorce.

Those two should be the biggest topics regarding misandry and men's rights but...sadly it's generally nothing more then a poor me victimhood club with makes me puke and an anti woman club. They'd rather whine about Imperator Furiosa then discuss important topics.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

I do not feel so sure that all women are better at parenting than men, nor that all men make better leaders and authority figures.

But to answer your question, these are what I point out at inconsistancies in our system and claims to gender equality-

-Women have the right to genital integrity. A woman may have her genitals physically altered (female circumsion) as an adult if she chooses, but males do not get to choose that for themselves, the choice is made for them.
A parent that wanted to do this to their newborn girl would be prohibitted - the child is protected.

-Women have the right to vote without having to first agree to risk their life.Women simply have to reach the age of 18 to have the right to vote, while men must register for the draft.

-Women have the right to decline parenthood. In case of unwanted or accidental pregnancy, they have the options of abortion, or adoption, without any permission from the father. A woman who puts a baby up for adoption because she feels (for any reason) unable to be mother, is seen as making an honorable self sacrificing choice for the ultimate well being of the child. A man who declines parenthood is stigmatized as a deadbeat, even if he leaves the baby with the birth mother. (not having the right to give it up to chosen couples) and remains legally responsible for it financially. Mothers who put a child up for adoption are relieved of all further responsibility for it, financial or otherwise.

- Women have the right to be assumed primary caregivers of children. In order to have equally shared custody, a man must undertake a costly legal battle with the difficult task of proving their worth and ability. (obviously you know this intimately!) As much as we are used to this system and ways of thought, in some other countries, in case of divorce or breakdown of relationship between the parents, equally shared custody is automatically assumed, and a legal battle only goes into effect if one parent wants to have more rights than the other.

- Women have the right to call unwanted, coerced sex, rape. (You pointed this out already though)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Unfortunately, topics like this receive practically no attention, even on sites like ATS that are supposed to discuss taboo topics. Kudos to the OP.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

This is why I say that Facebook consolidates conformity. It casts a shadow of cowardly passive aggressive conformity.

I think there's a guy in a dark realm somewhere looking at a crystal ball marvelling at our foolishness, that's probably where the idea of Facebook was initially spawned. I can see it, some robed liche laughing maniacally.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Art imitating Life Imitating Art. . . or something.

But even if it was just targeting men the knock on effect is double standards on women who "aren't allowed" to be flawed. So it helps no one in the end.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO
Noone is talking about being a victim, just that everything is being targeted and being made much more difficult on PURPOSE and you think it is all too be taken in stride.

Grow yourself a pair and allow yourself to realize we do not need this garbage controlling every facet of society, you likely think you are above it lol.

The deniers are the ones I visit who think the constant battle is somehow what should be, and the harder the better, right ?

Oh, and tell us all how the children are unaffected and the entire outcomes of EVERYTHING are not altered by all the varieties of crap spewed at us, we don't need your opinions.

Why is it, that you are programmed to believe that as long as you somehow survive your wars that everything is ok ???

Growing a pair, a REAL pair means doing something about dam near everything, PREPARE.

Chess is best played with a sledgehammer.

edit on 19-7-2015 by yosako because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join