It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An unexplained picture I took

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

Every time you get into a car or ride a bicycle, pretend your mode of transport doesn't have any wheels. Why? They haven't been invented. Now you have to invent them, fabricate them and fit them. That's where we are on ATS Aliens, angels and demons not withstanding...

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The ooollllddd dragging the shutter to the extreme trick? I used to work with pro photographers and i asked this guy standing by his camera on a tripod “what the hell are you doing?” he said “shhhh, i’m dragging the shutter”….

edit on 8-7-2015 by Harvin because: (no reason given)

Edit: Nice pics though.
edit on 8-7-2015 by Harvin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: predator0187
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I think people need to chill out. Yes, I'm a pro photographer, that doesn't mean I shoot a lot at night. I'm not used to taking images in the darkness of night, so if you would have read my original post, I was trying to take a star trail image...

Many pro photographers have a speciality that they stick to and don't stray away from it, it's not a hard concept. I was trying something out of the ordinary for how I normally shoot.

This, to me, isn't a complex idea.

People can say what they want, I just asked a simple question...Chad was polite in a response, and that's really all that was needed. All this crap spewed afterwards I'd kind of why I left in the first place...

Pred...

Im sorry dude...but you are a pro photographer that doesnt know what a lens flare is..and neither does your mate. Regardless of whether you shoot at night or not , that is astounding to me. But then i guess anyone with a camera can call themselves a photographer. Glad you got your answer in the end.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: predator0187

Don't get me wrong--I get it, and hopefully you didn't take my response as being rude.

Extended-exposure night photography is fun to do, and hopefully you got what your were trying to get, but with all of those lights in the image, I don't think that would be a good place for trying to get long star trails.

But, hey, you live and learn, and you never know until you try.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join