It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"You can't control evil"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I have an old LePan II tablet with an android operating system. Today I was using it to listen to a couple of Youtube videos while I was working. I turned it off today about 30 min. into a long documentary and brought it to the house to charge it. So I plug it in to the charger, the screen comes on (as usual) and then I close the flap.

I could swear I heard something.

Figuring that the video was still running, I open it back up and press the power button. It shows the usual desktop screen. I close the lid again and I hear it again. Long story short, it does it every time. When I close the flap, it says, “You can't control evil. You can lock it up, burn it, and bury it, and pray that it dies, but it never will.”

I’m guessing that if the tablet is on and the camera senses the flap close, it gives this message. I knew it sounded familiar; it’s from the Halloween movie. Kind of a cool effect, really.

I’m guessing it caught some sort of virus or malware. Is anyone familiar with it? I don’t use the tablet much, because it’s kind of old and crappy. The only odd thing I’ve downloaded with it was Frodo 64, but it doesn’t seem to work right.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
You have to destroy Evil.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: 9thWatcher

Agreed, only a trek to Mordor will solve this.

How apt of you to download Frodo.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Qumulys
a reply to: 9thWatcher

Agreed, only a trek to Mordor will solve this.

How apt of you to download Frodo.

Awwww ... I don't want to go to Mordor. Does UPS or Fedex deliver to Mordor? Can't I destroy evil in a volcano in Hawaii?

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: 9thWatcher
You have to destroy Evil.

lol

Evil must be factory reset.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
A little update ...

I feel a little dumber today. Turns out that line was the first line in the documentary I was watching. I was listening to a different video today and the problem seemed to go away. I guess the video was still in memory.

Still, it was a little weird that the line would play as soon as the camera was covered up. The way this tablet works is that you turn it on with the power button, then you swipe to unlock it. So, even if the video is in memory, it shouldn't start playing until you unlock it.

It's like someone was able to program some code into the video to override the normal function of the LePan.

If anyone is curious, this was the video:

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Great to hear, especially considering how far Mordor is!
And Frodo is next to useless without installing a Sam v1.2 for him to blame when everything goes wrong.

Was a pretty weird problem though! Was the video worth the nearly 4 hours?

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

Haven't gone back to it yet. I wasn't really watching it so much as listening to it, and it didn't really hold my interest. Might try again in a couple of days.

And I still have no idea why anyone would name a Commodore 64 emulator "Frodo"

edit on 9-7-2015 by VictorVonDoom because: (no reason given)

top topics

join